3DXChat Community

Sexual Harassment : Difference between men and women

AnnikaDevi

Hey Everyone! 

I just came across this video on facebook. Have a look at the video: https://www.facebook.com/ricklaxhasfriends/videos/933495443519525/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDUyMTU5MTY0NDoyMTQxNTc5MjYyNTM2MTA2/

When we talk of gender equality we always feel that men are at an advantage than women, be it is Nobel prize winners, be it in political, social, or economic circles we feel women are not getting enough. And when it comes to sexual harassment, it is prejudiced to feel that women. We feel men cannot be sexually harassed. It is not true. We encourage men to have sex with a woman when the women want it in public but if man does the same thing it is called SEXUAL HARASSMENT Why is it so? Rape for men is ok and women are not ok? Why? We live in a world surrounded by hypocrites who talk about human rights, about equality. It is all a facade. I would like to know what does 3DXCHAT COMMUNITY thinks on the question. And the question is: 

WHY IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT OK WITH A MAN AND NOT WITH A WOMAN? 

I feel that people are not getting the topic, so I would like to enlighten the 3dx community a bit. According to Trinity college, the forms of sexual harassment are as follows: 

Forms of Sexual Harassment

In some cases, sexual harassment is obvious and may involve an overt action, threat, or reprisal. In other instances, sexual harassment is subtle and indirect, with a coercive aspect that is unstated. Some examples include the following:

• Sexual harassment can occur between persons of equal power status (e.g., student to student, staff to staff) or between persons of unequal power status (e.g., faculty member to student, coach to student-athlete). Although sexual harassment often occurs in the context of the misuse of power by the individual with the greater power, a person who appears to have less or equal power in a relationship can also commit sexual harassment.
  • Sexual harassment can be committed by (or against) an individual or by (or against) an organization or group.
  • Sexual harassment can be committed by an acquaintance, a stranger, or people who shared a personal, intimate, or sexual relationship.
  • Sexual harassment can occur by or against an individual of any sex, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. 

Examples of behavior that might be considered sexual harassment include, but are not limited to: 

• Unwanted sexual innuendo, propositions, sexual attention, or suggestive comments and gestures; inappropriate humor about sex or gender-specific traits; sexual slurs or derogatory language directed at another person’s sexuality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or gender expression; insults and threats based on sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or gender expression; and other oral, written, or electronic communications of a sexual nature that an individual communicates is unwanted and unwelcome.
  • Written graffiti or the display or distribution of sexually explicit drawings, pictures, or written materials; sexually charged name-calling; or the circulation, display, or creation of e- mails, text messages, or websites of a sexual nature.
  • Display or circulation of written materials or pictures degrading to an individual or gender group where such display is not directly related to academic freedom or to an educational/pedagogical, artistic, or work purpose.
  • Unwelcome physical contact or suggestive body language, such as touching, patting, pinching, hugging, kissing, or brushing against an individual’s body.
  • Physical coercion or pressure of an individual to engage in sexual activity or punishment for a refusal to respond or comply with sexual advances.
  • Use of a position of power or authority to: (1) threaten or punish, either directly or by implication, for refusing to tolerate harassment, for refusing to submit to sexual activity, or for reporting harassment; or (2) promise rewards in return for sexual favors.
  • Acts of verbal, nonverbal, or physical aggression, intimidation, or hostility based on sex or sex-stereotyping.

According to the internet dictionary, Sexual Harassment is "harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.." Over the internet the term is already wrong, according to the US military, "Any unwanted harassment in a workplace, professional or social situation involving unwanted sexual advances or remarks." What i was taught in the military was to keep the gender of the parties empty because it can be any gender with sexual preferences. A straight woman can harass a gay man, a gay man can harass a straight man, or a woman can harass a man, ect. It can be anyone, does not have to be a man harassing a woman. As for it to be okay, well thus the word UNWANTED is put in. I am sure that there are many reason why a man may not like being sexually harassed by a woman.

Sexual harassment is wrong regardless of the gender and orientation of the two people.  And what constitutes "harassment" is completely up to the person being harassed. If someone feels that being smiled at is harassment, then it is.  I will suggest, though, that people should speak up when someone is making them feel uncomfortable.  Cultural differences and other things can lead to misunderstandings.  So it's best to tell the person who you feel is harassing you that he or she is making you uncomfortable.  If they're not intending to harass, they'll apologize and back off. And that should be that.  But, if they continue, then it's harassment no matter how "small" the infraction seems.

Tlaera

I’m sorry but seriously? Sexual harassment isn’t right with any gender, race, sexuality or species... and that’s not how it is. Thing is... women are more sensitive and will take anything from grazing ones crotch on them on a bus to a hug as sexual harassment(speaking as a woman who knows our gender can be overly accusative) men often assess the situation as flirting. We’re built different, and if a man reports sexual harassment in a workplace you’re damned right it’s gonna be taken the same as for a woman because if he does that means it’s gone on for quite a while. Sexual harassment via the internet... let’s say 3dx and well many other social settings you can block these people, if you choose not to and allow it to continue then is it considered harassment or is it considered a problem that you have no intent to stop? Either way... yeah peoples limits are different and there is no real way to tell when someone has gone too far unless it’s communicated...

One guy replied on Facebook, " Guys are expected to be physically stronger than girls and hence the girl needs support while harassment while a guy is expected to deal with it!

Gender equality is all about equal opportunity, and it’s not expecting men will get pregnant as women can ....."

Men cannot reproduce is a lie. Men have reproduced in the past. You may recall that in 2008, Thomas Beatie made quite the splash when he gave birth to a healthy baby girl. The media dubbed him the world's first pregnant man. But many observers claimed that the pregnancy didn't really "count" because Beatie -- a transgender man -- was designated female at birth and born with a uterus. 

Well that doesn't surprise me at all. I just read something interesting:

In america, a women threatend a guy with a machete and raped him then. But noone in the media talks about rape. It was only a threat and physical injury. Nothing else.

It does not surprise me, that this is still around. Equality is almost every time only women sided and I hate it.

It already begins at the beginning of a flirt. I had so many friends who told me, that I as a girl shouldn't do the first step and talk to a guy. I should wait until he comes to me.

That makes zero sense. If I like a guy, I go to him and talk to him. And there it starts already. Equality is no longer a term for both genders. It is only a term for women and I hope, that this will change some time.

As being said. It doesn't surprise me at all. We all know that Sexual harassment only goes from guys and NEEEEEEVER from girls (Warning... there is maybe a lot of sarcasm in this sentence)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfUcNkrbOAc

becuase we need more generations to change our historical heritage

We teach boys it's never okay to hit a girl, unfortunately we don't tell girls to never hit a boys either. Which apparently led a lot of them to think it's just fine. Usually it was slapping, but even that, why is it alright to slap a guy for saying something you don't like. It's funny men are painted as more violent and controlling in relationships, when as far as violence it's more commonly the woman exhibiting violence and it's usually not reported. However even the reported ratio says men are half of the domestic violence victims, but we all know most guys won't report when their girlfriend punches them, slaps, or pulls their hair so you do the math. Men are still half of the reported domestic violence victims, while most of their abuse goes unreported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfUcNkrbOAc

becuase we need more generations to change our historical heritage

We teach boys it's never okay to hit a girl, unfortunately we don't tell girls to never hit a boys either. Which apparently led a lot of them to think it's just fine. Usually it was slapping, but even that, why is it alright to slap a guy for saying something you don't like. It's funny men are painted as more violent and controlling in relationships, when as far as violence it's more commonly the woman exhibiting violence and it's usually not reported. However even the reported ratio says men are half of the domestic violence victims, but we all know most guys won't report when their girlfriend punches them, slaps, or pulls their hair so you do the math. Men are still half of the reported domestic violence victims, while most of their abuse goes unreported.

I am in love the line when the bus driver when he says, " She wants to be a man I will treat her like a man." The very next moment he lands a punch on her face. That is what I call equality. The point is that time has changed. Women have changed too.  And equality is long being preached by video games for years now but humans take millions of years to evolve to become human from apes they are. 

This is wrong, especially when it comes to sexual harassment. What do you intend to tell the audience exactly? And when do the human counterparts eat each other after having sex? At least relate it with the human how is praying mantis related to humans? Apes are our closest relatives. You could have used Borneo chimps or proboscis monkey or a bonobo video, but you put forth insects. And if this is the reaction to the video I put forth early on showing a single man killing gang of girls, I will like to put forth this video to balance it. 

Sexual harassment is wrong regardless of the gender and orientation of the two people.  And what constitutes "harassment" is completely up to the person being harassed. If someone feels that being smiled at is harassment, then it is.  I will suggest, though, that people should speak up when someone is making them feel uncomfortable.  Cultural differences and other things can lead to misunderstandings.  So it's best to tell the person who you feel is harassing you that he or she is making you uncomfortable.  If they're not intending to harass, they'll apologize and back off. And that should be that.  But, if they continue, then it's harassment no matter how "small" the infraction seems.

Tlaera

"If someone feels that being smiled at is harassment, then it is. "

You mean to say that if I smile at my husband, brother, sister, and even my mom I am sexually harassing them? So just because any one of them feels that my smiling is a sexual harassment they will drag me to the law court, right?

Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances. The harasser can identify with any gender and have any relationship to the victim, including a being a direct manager, indirect supervisor, co-worker, teacher, peer, or colleague.

Some forms of sexual harassment include:

Making conditions of employment dependent on sexual favours
Physical acts of sexual assault
Requests for sexual favours
Verbal harassment of a sexual nature
Unwanted touching or physical contact
Unwelcome sexual advances

This is wrong, especially when it comes to sexual harassment. What do you intend to tell the audience exactly? And when do the human counterparts eat each other after having sex? At least relate it with the human how is praying mantis related to humans? Apes are our closest relatives. You could have used Borneo chimps or proboscis monkey or a bonobo video, but you put forth insects. And if this is the reaction to the video I put forth early on showing a single man killing gang of girls, I will like to put forth this video to balance it. 

Why did you started this kind of thread if you're not able to deal with our reply? WTF you think i try to say by this video ... just read between the lines.

Fuck it, I'm out. another topix who will turn in a controversy.

Keep fighting each others bunch of sexist and feminist! ( If the hat fit, wear it! IDGAS! )

Waste of time

Why did you started this kind of thread if you're not able to deal with our reply? WTF you think i try to say by this video ... just read between the lines.

Fuck it, I'm out. another topix who will turn in a controversy.

Keep fighting each others bunch of sexist and feminist! ( If the hat fit, wear it! IDGAS! )

Waste of time

I have asked a simple question, you reply it with praying mantis eating mate? It is very clear who is trying to turn it into a controversy by putting things that are nowhere close to the topic. Your image says nothing about what all a praying mantis symbolises: 

• Calm
  • Balance
  • Patience
  • Intuition
  • Stillness
  • Awareness
  • Creativity
  • Mindfulness

You just dumped a praying mantis out of nowhere and then typed below " No comment", We all know that The praying mantis, black widow spider, and jumping spider are among a number of species that devour their mates. Sexual cannibalism is also found in other invertebrates, including a relative of the praying mantis, the Chinese mantis, and scorpions. Cannibalism has also been noted among South American green anacondas — the largest snakes in the world. what do you want people to do? Should they start sexual cannibalism with the mates who harass them? 

And what do you mean by "our reply"? Look around, nobody is suggesting sexual cannibalism in any form as a punishment for sexual harassment or whatever you think it is. maybe you want them to write HATE STORY: 

Tlaera

Whatever you have said make sense except " If someone feels that being smiled at is harassment, then it is."  There are nefarious meanings of smiling, I agree, but how can you say that it is related to sexual harassment? 

When someone shares a large, confident smile, it shows they’re willing to open up and share a part of themselves.

1. A large smile says that you are accepting of others.

2. In a work environment, a smile says you’re flexible, intelligent and able to cope with challenges that may come your way.

3. People who smile are also believed, to be honest, and trustworthy.

4. Every time you smile at others you send them the message that you are comfortable with yourself and more willing to accept others.

6. However, a fake or disingenuous smile (where you smile with your mouth only and not your eyes) is a sign to others that you are suppressing your emotions. A smile not felt from the heart is usually regarded with suspicion, and most people will tend to hide their true self from you.

Also how you interpret a smile depends on your teeth: 
cmV3c9l.jpg

I take full advantage of the male animal..Being a Nude dancer I make heaps of money off these degenerates....and they don't dare touch me unless they want to send a few months in hospital. (the males and dykes that work at my club don't take kindly to molesting the girls in or outside the club)

I take full advantage of the male animal..Being a Nude dancer I make heaps of money off these degenerates....and they don't dare touch me unless they want to send a few months in hospital. (the males and dykes that work at my club don't take kindly to molesting the girls in or outside the club)

I need to ask something. You are a nude dancer and you make heaps of money, which means you also pay cut to the club you dance into, and since you pay the club men and dykes of the club protect you and thrash people who dare to touch you. Now flip the coin. Imagine you are a male stripper, making money and paying your cuts to the club. Now if a girl or a woman molests you how do you think those dykes and men would react? Would they trash her to a pulp or would they encourage you to have sex with her? What do you think and why?

I need to ask something. You are a nude dancer and you make heaps of money, which means you also pay cut to the club you dance into, and since you pay the club men and dykes of the club protect you and thrash people who dare to touch you. Now flip the coin. Imagine you are a male stripper, making money and paying your cuts to the club. Now if a girl or a woman molests you how do you think those dykes and men would react? Would they trash her to a pulp or would they encourage you to have sex with her? What do you think and why?

Well, Number 1, I don't pay a cut of my tips. (this isn't the USA) I don't pay the bouncers, they just care about the girls. I know this could be strange to someone who does not know about how things are in New Zealand. This club does not just hire any sleeze girl off the street that will show skin, you have to audition and follow some pretty strict rules, The club tried male dancers, they were boo'ed off the stage by the heterosexual males that frequent the place, told to go dance at the gay bar down the road. Most of the regulars i know come there to see their favourite girls, I have quite a few fans that support me. And they know they will never have a chance and that I am lesbian and now married to a lesbian.

Well, Number 1, I don't pay a cut of my tips. (this isn't the USA) I don't pay the bouncers, they just care about the girls. I know this could be strange to someone who does not know about how things are in New Zealand. This club does not just hire any sleeze girl off the street that will show skin, you have to audition and follow some pretty strict rules, The club tried male dancers, they were boo'ed off the stage by the heterosexual males that frequent the place, told to go dance at the gay bar down the road. Most of the regulars i know come there to see their favourite girls, I have quite a few fans that support me. And they know they will never have a chance and that I am lesbian and now married to a lesbian.

I get it all very well but like you said if any man tried to molest you he would be thrashed to a pulp. But were you a male and molested by a woman. Would they trash her to a pulp or would they encourage you to have sex with her? What do you think and why? Also, there is one major question that lingers around. How to protect yourself from e-mail sexual harassment which often happens in absence of men & dykes of your club?