3DXChat Community

My Own Development and Suggestions Thread

SugarPie

I didn't know the one up top of these forums were members couldnt make topics. lol So here is my question for people. 

NOT talking bout clothes or character customization or world editor stuff.  I would like to know what YOU want to see

happening in this world.  Does everyone like just going to a room and dancing and listening to music with everyone in their 

own pm? What ideas and suggestions do you all have for interesting things we could do here? 

because I didnt want to wade through all the ... clothes and world editor and sex pose things. That's not what I am asking.  My question is not in regards to things that need to be done by devs.  I am asking about things that members can do on their own. 

My question to you .. if you didn't want to answer the question why put anything at all?

Yes I agree with RobP.

We were told we were getting the boot from room feature, I actually thought we were getting it when the world editor came out, lots of us did.

I think another thing that desperately needs to be done is a way we can select which friends see us as online.

Like have a check box next to each name we have in our friends list so we can select who sees us and who does not.

I think lots of us get to selective on who we include in our friends lists because of problems we have had with stalkers and clingers.

New players find it hard to get on peoples lists because of it.

Better dance options, where we can put together our own routines.

For people at parties, if you aren't a DJ, our part in parties is click once for dance, then chat.

Mostly the chat is done in group and private chats, local chats don't get the attention they use to get, other than chat there is not much else to do.

In public places like the beach I see more people standing around by themselves than there has ever been.

These people are mostly new and trying to get to meet people.

Maybe we can have like cupid statues placed around the game or something that we can click on, put ourselves in a list for things like dates and see who else has put themselves in that list.

There is a lot of things that can be done rather simply that can improve the way we interact with people, but the devs don't seem to put enough importance on it.

For me, the biggest bang for the smallest buck (development time) is a keyboard shortcut to switch between chat windows.  I'd like to not need to use a mouse to switch between viewing Local and viewing the PM I'm looking at.  In a standard windows UI, this would be Ctrl-Tab to go to the next text window and Ctrl-Shift-Tab to go to the previous one.

The second thing I'd like is more expensive (development wise).  I'd like to be able to undock chat windows and place them wherever I want on the screen.  That is, to say, I'd like to be able to view the text in Local and the text in a PM window at the same time.  This would make it much easier to keep up with Local while I'm chatting with friends in PM or Group.  I feel that this would have a large positive impact on long time players interacting with new players.  (I recognize that some people feel that there are bigger causes of people not interacting on Local, but I respectfully disagree with those assessments.)

Tlaera

All great idea everyone. I think these are all things that depend on the devs though. 

What I am wondering if people are interested in things they can do on their own.  In another world people would throw a party and have a trivia contest.  What if someone created a scavenger hunt. Or even a game of Hide and Seek. I have seen THX post in threads the games he has created. Are the inhabitants of this world interested in these things? 

If so... what are your ideas? what would you like to do here?

In the other world you won things ... here we don't have the ability to send xgold to people and we dont have a micro economy so I am wondering if people like to just play games and win for the bragging rights?