3DXChat Community

What Potential has 3DXCHAT Affiliate Marketing?

CarolineResident

Hello Folks

I am an affiliate marketer for 3dxchat. Part time. I actually invest about 5 t0 10 hours per week in my blogs.

That is for research ingame, roleplay for stories, writing content, SEO work and general tecnical stuff.

So the concept basically is: I am writing stories about my (sex) adventures ingame (and in Second Life) and post them on several blogs.

On the blog I advertise 3dxchat. Evertime somebody subscribes to the game I get a (decent) commission.

I am making about 400 US per month. I know that is not a lot of money but at least prove of concept (sort of).

Here the websites:

https://www.second-life-adventures.com

https://jessicainsecondlife.com

In addition to these websites I run a showroom about 3dxchat in Second Life and run Display campaigns in busy adult regions.

I am wondering if this business concept is a viable option as a full time business. I was trying to do some research about the market potential but was not able to find any numbers.

Maybe somebody here can shed some light on this:

How many active users does 3dxchat currently have?
How many new subscribers are there per month?
How many people do actually play that sort of game in general?

In short:

Does it have potential as a full time business and on what scale or is it just a small niche?

I really would appreciate some insights, stats or research papers about this market.

Maybe from other marketers?

Sincerly

Carol

So you make about $4000-$5000 a year from running your websites and spend maybe one working day a week on them. Firstly well done. I have no idea how to make money from a website and I'm not about to jump off a roof into a swimming pool in an attempt to make a viral video. Ok so lets say you spend seven hours on Second Life promoting 3dxchat. Realistically lets say you speak to ten people and they all sign up so maybe you get 50% from each subscription at 19.99 usd so roughly you will get $100 a day if ten people based on those rates sign up or $36500 a year. Of course those figures are silly and really you have to ask yourself if it's worth the effort? Your own website shows how you spent an age with somebody who basically wanted sex and then gave you a "I'll think about it" answer which translates as "no thanks". How many people have you spoken to have signed up? To spend hours promoting a website for probably very little return seems silly. I'd spend three hours with clients dealing with their pensions but the pay out was much higher! I wouldn't spend an hour with a client for $10. Does your own website statistics not say where people go next? I assume you need a tracking cookie to find this out?

I'd say if you are looking for a bit of extra pocket money then it sounds good, at the same time wouldn't you rather enjoy your leisure time? 1000 Linden is like $4usd right? 

Sorry I've kind of poo-pooed your idea and I can't offer you any figures. I believe some members of this community have worked for international marketing companies so will be able to offer you a lot more assistance. Seriously though why spend hours with somebody for a few $?

AHT

you got that wrong actually.

I am not making that money by talking people into it. I spend time on producing content and place adverts on the site.
The idea is to increase my efforts to scale to a bigger audience. I am just trying to find out if there is a market big enough making it worthwile to scale this.

In addition it is not 10 US, it is 10 US per month recurring. So 1.000 "regulars" could make me 10.000 US per month, if there is that much demand. The later is what I try to find out.

Of course I am using web tracking (Google Analytics), I am not silly. I actually work in online marketing.

Carol

AHT

you got that wrong actually.

I am not making that money by talking people into it. I spend time on producing content and place adverts on the site.

The idea is to scale my efforts to a bigger audience. I am just trying to find out if there is a market big enough making it worthwile to scale this.

In addition it is not 10 US, it is 10 US per month recurring. So 1.000 "regulars" could make me 10.000 US (if there is that much demand).

Of course I am using web tracking (Google Analytics), I am not silly. I actually work in online marketing.

Carol

You are doing great. Affiliate marketing is a profession. I've done it. Still doing it. Mostly with Amazon. Never monetised JBHeat though. But might think of doing that too :) I mean you put a whole lot of work to it, right? Might as well get paid, at least something that covers the server costs and all.

Hello Folks

I am an affiliate marketer for 3dxchat. Part time. I actually invest about 5 t0 10 hours per week in my blogs.

That is for research ingame, roleplay for stories, writing content, SEO work and general tecnical stuff.

So the concept basically is: I am writing stories about my (sex) adventures ingame (and in Second Life) and post them on several blogs.

On the blog I advertise 3dxchat. Evertime somebody subscribes to the game I get a (decent) commission.

I am making about 400 US per month. I know that is not a lot of money but at least prove of concept (sort of).

Here the websites:

https://www.second-life-adventures.com

https://jessicainsecondlife.com

In addition to these websites I run a showroom about 3dxchat in Second Life and run Display campaigns in busy adult regions.

I am wondering if this business concept is a viable option as a full time business. I was trying to do some research about the market potential but was not able to find any numbers.

Maybe somebody here can shed some light on this:

How many active users does 3dxchat currently have?

How many new subscribers are there per month?

How many people do actually play that sort of game in general?

In short:

Does it have potential as a full time business and on what scale or is it just a small niche?

I really would appreciate some insights, stats or research papers about this market.

Maybe from other marketers?

Sincerly

Carol

I didn't realize they offered that, so what's the incentive you get for doing it?  The amount that AHT stated you make for the year off your blogs is accurate given the fact you said you make $400 a month @ 12 months would be true.  You're writing and showing off things of this game and others on your blog which is good.

It's hard to get relevant numbers because not everyone that joins stays for the month or longer.  The only people that can give you that information which probably would have been better to send a message to Gizmo or Lisa instead of posting a thread about it.

I didn't realize they offered that, so what's the incentive you get for doing it?  The amount that AHT stated you make for the year off your blogs is accurate given the fact you said you make $400 a month @ 12 months would be true.  You're writing and showing off things of this game and others on your blog which is good.

50 % of the revenues as long as the member stays with 3dxchat

It's hard to get relevant numbers because not everyone that joins stays for the month or longer.  The only people that can give you that information which probably would have been better to send a message to Gizmo or Lisa instead of posting a thread about it.

Hi Mar

The commission is 50% of the revenues as long as the new user actually stays with 3DX.

I did realize that the churn rate is rather high. I wonder why is that.

Anybody else here doing affiliate marketing?

Carol

You are doing great. Affiliate marketing is a profession. I've done it. Still doing it. Mostly with Amazon. Never monetised JBHeat though. But might think of doing that too :) I mean you put a whole lot of work to it, right? Might as well get paid, at least something that covers the server costs and all.

Hi Brett

The jbheat site doesn't have enough traffic to monetize it via affilate programms.

What plans do you have to increase traffic? Lets share "best practices" for mutual benefit.

Carol

Hi Brett

The jbheat site doesn't have enough traffic to monetize it via affilate programms.

What plans do you have to increase traffic? Lets share "best practices" for mutual benefit.

Carol

No idea. Never thought of monetising it before. It's really is just a hobby. JBHeat wasn't active for about a year I just got it back online. I sent you a PM.

Hi Mar

The commission is 50% of the revenues as long as the new user actually stays with 3DX.

Anybody else here doing affiliate marketing?

Carol

I've never seen it advertised either on the forum or the 3DXChat.com website.  is there a link for it since you're asking?

You are pulling people from second life to here and wonder why the churn rate is high?

lets see here you have

worse avatars (assuming you put a little effort into your sl avi)

a whole 13 dance animations

a whole 16 sex poses

You can chat

you can dance though you can only synchronise with one other person

you can have sex

You can build a room with limited tools

At anyone time there are maybe 500 people online to meet

If you are a male (can't answer for females) just about every 6th avatar seems to look like you or so it feels

It costs 20$ else no play

You can give meaningless gifts to each other

whereas second life

You can have a better avi than here

dance animations number in the thousands

sex animations number in the thousands

You can dance and synchronise with many people

You can chat

You can have sex

You can go bowling

You can go watch a film at a cinema with other people

You can play board games

You can go wrestling, boxing etc

You can (insert activity of your choice almost)

You can play more mmo style games with huds

you can fly an aeroplane, drive cars, motorcycles

You can build and script things limited only by imagination

You can give gifts to others which they can actually use such as buy your girl a dress

You can earn linden dollars in game

If you make enough linden dollars you can turn them into real dollars and make a profit

No money this month guess what you can still play

Its highly unusual to run into anyone that looks even vaguely like you

there are usually a minimum of 30000 on line at any one time

The only advantage here has is its simpler to get into as the sl tutorials are crap but if you have a mentor in sl I can get most up and running in an hour knowing all the basics

and you wonder why the churn rate is high?

Sammael

very good. You made me laugh. And yes, you are right compared to Second Life 3dxchat is very limited.
But at least the few animations it has are way better syncronized than in Second Life. It has a lot less lag and getting laid is easier. :-)

However, only a small percentage of my sales actually come from my Second Life venue. Simply because my Inworld Campaigns are very new and merely an experiment.

My main source of traffic and sales is actually Google.

This is the page that sells 3dx: https://3dxchat.com/?AID3415902

Google something like "3dxchat review" or "Second life alternative games", find one of my blog posts and click through to a landingpage selling 3dxchat.Thats the typicall sales funnel.

This the page which gets most tarffic and most sales: 3dxchat review and comparison to Second Life

On those sales churn rate is still high though. Maybe I am selling the wrong product?

Carol

Hello Aliviax,

that number is hard to believe for two reasons:

1. II sold myself more than 200 subscriptions

2. There is a considerable search volume in Google for 3dxchat

Where did you get that number from? You have a source, or ist that a personal estimation?

Carol

P.S: There is no point to payfor multiple accounts, as you can have several avatars under the same account.

Hello Aliviax,

that number is hard to believe for two reasons:

1. II sold myself more than 200 subscriptions

2. There is a considerable search volume in Google for 3dxchat

Where did you get that number from? You have a source, or ist that a personal estimation?

Carol

P.S: There is no point to payfor multiple accounts, as you can have several avatars under the same account.

Generally good rough guide to estimating numbers of subs to a game I find is take the average number logged on at one time and multipy by ten. 3dx averages about 400 to 500 visible at any one time (note thats by counting numbers in public rooms and the number will be a little bigger due to people being in private locations so add maybe 20% so call it 600) 600 x 10 gives about 6000 subs. 

Is it totally accurate of course not but I suspect its in the right ballpark

Oh and every reason to have multiple accounts due to the privacy invading Pandora

Lol 6k ppl hehe we wish :)

Before my break I was all day online n kept see same ppl.

Where did u find that x10 lol.

So sorry I too wish this game flourish n move forward but we don't help if we say those stuff .

We must have critic mind n push devs n owner for better stuff cause we pay n we love this game.

Only gizmo know exact numbers but I know more or less cause I keep see same ppl wherever I go all those months n ofc some leave game n as I mentioned many ppl have many accounts from 2-4 so real ppl are way less.

At some point I had a second account alichan so I can escape parties ^^

But not worth anymore having it

Lol 6k ppl hehe we wish :)

Actually, we don't have to wish. In a recent thread, there was discussion about the fact that Pandora provides information saying that during a ten day period last month, roughly 7700 unique users logged in on roughly 11,700 characters. 

So as much as Sammael dislikes Pandora, it does provide information that supports his estimate. One of the reasons your estimate is so low is that you failed to account for people who were in private and never showed their faces in user rooms or public areas. 

And since many people do have more than one account, yes, it is entirely possible that the number of people who play the game is much lower than 6000. But it is certainly higher than 500.

Actually, we don't have to wish. In a recent thread, there was discussion about the fact that Pandora provides information saying that during a ten day period last month, roughly 7700 unique users logged in on roughly 11,700 characters.

So as much as Sammael dislikes Pandora, it does provide information that supports his estimate. One of the reasons your estimate is so low is that you failed to account for people who were in private and never showed their faces in user rooms or public areas.

And since many people do have more than one account, yes, it is entirely possible that the number of people who play the game is much lower than 6000. But it is certainly higher than 500.

Awesome then I have to meet all those lovely ppl this year n learn more stuff ;)

Ok, I did crunch some numbers:

I sold 418 subscriptions paying on a monthly basis. I excluded those who pay 6-monthly or yearly (those have a fairly low churn rate)

From the monthly subscriptions I get commissions for 30 rebills last month.

That means the overal churn rate is roughly 95 % on those.

This could have two reasons:

1. I target the wrong market

2. The product is not good enough to keep the players

Still better revenues than any competing offer ( Achat, thrixxx, SL).
However what can one do to lower the churn rate?

In-game sex services?

Carol