3DXChat Community

Well now here is a question I have for the powers that be of this world.

SugarPie

In another thread it has been brought up the fact that is possible to be banned for discussing displinary action by the Devs. Is this truly a thing?  The thought that springs to my mind is that the world is to sit in silence and nod at whatever the Devs of this world choose to do regardless if the average user sees it as right or wrong. 

Now while I find this world one of the least expensive I have ever played I DO pay for a yearly subscription... of which I did NOT take advantage of a yearly sale I hear you have so I paid full yearly price.  If this is true and a person truly isn't allowed to voice an opinion on the things that take place please tell me now before I become too heavily invested in the world. 

We agree to the rules of this forum when we join it.  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

We agree to the terms and rules of the game when we join it.  http://3dxchat.com/terms-and-conditions.htmland http://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

We may not always agree with their decision but this is their forum and their game.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7159-enough-is-enough/?p=289986

https://gyazo.com/ba9f1de68be80fa8d9fc5123f78a8dee

We agree to the rules of this forum when we join it.  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

We agree to the terms and rules of the game when we join it.  http://3dxchat.com/terms-and-conditions.htmland http://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

We may not always agree with their decision but this is their forum and their game.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7159-enough-is-enough/?p=289986

https://gyazo.com/ba9f1de68be80fa8d9fc5123f78a8dee

I can agree with you that I basically signed that when I joined and the rules are the rules. I should have perhaps read more carefully or taken a bit more time to realize just what I was getting into with these particular Devs and Mods. If they ban every person that says they did something wrong to a member ... well they may as well close up shop. 

ETA... re reading that i realize it sounds like I have a problem with the devs and mods of this game. lol I do not. I don't know them nor have I had any real interactions with them. I am just speaking generally. People have to be able to voice an opinion even if its not that of the authority or they won't have a clue as to what their customer base wants or thinks. 

I got that you don't.  It's the rules and knowing them to not break them.  You can be a Target, Home Depot or the Bank a customer of them but it doesn't mean you can't hack them.  It's posting one way of doing it that is what was against the rules.  The actions taken on the Devs choice was up to them on how and what they do all the while they don't have to tell us or warn us if they choose not to.  You're just asking for an understanding of them on some things.

In another thread it has been brought up the fact that is possible to be banned for discussing displinary action by the Devs. Is this truly a thing?  The thought that springs to my mind is that the world is to sit in silence and nod at whatever the Devs of this world choose to do regardless if the average user sees it as right or wrong. 

Now while I find this world one of the least expensive I have ever played I DO pay for a yearly subscription... of which I did NOT take advantage of a yearly sale I hear you have so I paid full yearly price.  If this is true and a person truly isn't allowed to voice an opinion on the things that take place please tell me now before I become too heavily invested in the world. 

You and many players must realise that using a service you agreed to use is NOT democracy and it does NOT entitle you for free speech if you don't comply with the rules. Insults, nasty words, arguing with the devs, or braking any of the rules may result you banned. It's how it is. You have to grow up and realise that the world isn't spinning around you. You are here, therefore you have signed that you agree the rules.

My favorite rule that several people think they can just get away with under the so called "free speech" belief is this: 

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.
The idea behind this is to prevent any player from consistently being uncomfortable on the forums.

There are rules which are not your rules and guess what? you have to comply or you fly. It's that simple. Even if you can just create new and new accounts to keep trying to push the envelope the rules are still the same and they will not change just because you cannot accept it.

Never have I believed a place like this to be a democracy. I have stated numerous times I agree with following the rules. ... However as a paying customer of this world .. and yes we ARE customers... I have every right to voice my displeasure for the product.  You are also correct in comply or fly. So perhaps I shouldnt bother letting the people that own the place the reasons I may choose not to renew my subscription?  This world depends on its members and every single member should and does have their voice which should be utilized and listened to. Will I always like my answers? Nope.  Do i have to like it? No I do not. I either accept them or I leave the world. So take your attitude to someone else. I am asking questions for which I DO deserve an answer. 

I got that you don't.  It's the rules and knowing them to not break them.  You can be a Target, Home Depot or the Bank a customer of them but it doesn't mean you can't hack them.  It's posting one way of doing it that is what was against the rules.  The actions taken on the Devs choice was up to them on how and what they do all the while they don't have to tell us or warn us if they choose not to.  You're just asking for an understanding of them on some things.

You are correct but its also against the rules to manipulate the software to copy a room, according to their own posted rules.. and here in lies the real issue. 

You and many players must realise that using a service you agreed to use is NOT democracy and it does NOT entitle you for free speech if you don't comply with the rules. Insults, nasty words, arguing with the devs, or braking any of the rules may result you banned. It's how it is. You have to grow up and realise that the world isn't spinning around you. You are here, therefore you have signed that you agree the rules.

My favorite rule that several people think they can just get away with under the so called "free speech" belief is this: 

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.
The idea behind this is to prevent any player from consistently being uncomfortable on the forums.

There are rules which are not your rules and guess what? you have to comply or you fly. It's that simple. Even if you can just create new and new accounts to keep trying to push the envelope the rules are still the same and they will not change just because you cannot accept it.

Many people get harassed and attacked on the forums. Again.. its another issue altogether. 

The issue is not accepting it, the issue is that the rules not enforced in a way that's even remotely consistent. 

lol Once more I agree with you RobT. That DLL hack was a hack and was also against the rules.  The positive spin on it is that it made the powers that be really see what was needed in this world.... thus the World Editor. So why weren't the creators of the DLL hack banned? 

That is incorrect, I know plenty of people who were bothered with the ghosting, throwing people in poses when they didn't accept.

You can also bypass some ignore options with it

I was not aware of the the ability to bypass ignore features. I have not used that DLL in a very long time. I have had no need since WE came out. As far as the poses.. you preached in another thread that those things in game were silly to be angry over. Someone said they did not want random hugs... its just simple animations. Whats the diff on screen how you are affected by a hug or whether someone pulls you into a pose? I think they are both wrong, but you can't be for 1 and against another, its the same thing.

I am still having a hard time understanding why the topic keeps being pulled away from the issue by the exact same people every single thread that comes up about these things.  

Yes we all know the rules... you have posted them over and over.

yes we all know what gizmo said.

But that doesn't change the fact that its a frustrating issue for many people who are paying customers and are creating content for his product. 

Okay I like to simplify things so let me try.

So you think my car is cool and want a ride. I'm driving, you are comfy on the back seat. Before you got in you signed our agreement. My rules. Basically summing it up I can toss you out of my car anytime you break the rules or even if I feel like I just don't want you in it because you cause too much trouble. And as agreement states I can toss you out without any explanation at all. No refund.

I start driving so we are rolling. But you don't like how I drive. you start telling me how to drive. The classic case of the backseat driver which pretty much irritates every driver. You also complain about the color of my car, the sound of the engine, the speed I am driving with and you don't get along with the other passengers either.

I click the James Bond 007 eject button and you fly.

Was that wrong of me? Nope. My car, my rules and you got on my nerves.

1.04. SexGameDevil may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete accounts at any time, without notice to the With or owner of the account. Accounts terminated by SexGameDevil for any type of abuse, will not be Reactivated.

I am comparing it but only to a degree. The creators of the DLL hack did something against the rules. The Devs or Mods or owners or whatever turned a blind eye to it and allowed it to continue.  People learned how to copy rooms made by others... the devs or mods etc turned a blind eye to it. One member posted how it was done and BANG! done gone. 

Exactly why I feel they play fast and loose with their own rules depending upon which benefits them with little regard to the members of this world. 

**** Please note I dont know ANY of these people involved in ANY of these situations. lol the closest thing I have to a friend in this world is you people in these threads. 

So you think my car is cool and want a ride. I'm driving, you are comfy on the back seat. Before you got in you signed our agreement. My rules. Basically summing it up I can toss you out of my car anytime you break the rules or even if I feel like I just don't want you in it because you cause too much trouble. And as agreement states I can toss you out without any explanation at all. No refund.

I start driving so we are rolling. But you don't like how I drive. you start telling me how to drive. The classic case of the backseat driver which pretty much irritates every driver. You also complain about the color of my car, the sound of the engine, the speed I am driving with and you don't get along with the other passengers either.

1.04. SexGameDevil may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete accounts at any time, without notice to the With or owner of the account. Accounts terminated by SexGameDevil for any type of abuse, will not be Reactivated.

I will you your own anaolgy

So 2 people are in your car and your rule states... Please don't slash my seats

The guy in the back tells the guy in the front how to slash the seats, so the guy in the front slashes the seats. You keep the guy in the front as he slashes away while you throw out the guy in the back.  Please make sense of this for me. :)

Okay lets say me and RobT are in your car and neither of us like how you drive and voice our opinions on it. Only I fly out and RobT sits comfy in the passenger seat.  Is it your right to do that? Yes it is. Does it ensure that I will never again ride in your car for any reason... yep you bet!   Also lets add in the fact ... did either of us pay you good money for the ride? When provided a service for which you are paid things get sticky. 

Let us also be clear in the fact that from a customer service perspective we know that for every single person that voices discontent with any product there is 5-10 more people nodding but keeping quiet. 

Yes I agree. But the owners of the service can see the actual stats, we can't. And it is still their business and their sole decision how to address complaints if they will at all.

also if you read her post, her issue isnt with rooms being copied, its with not being able to talk about disciplinary issues

LOL

My point is still the same...

Rules are not being enforced in any consistent way. Its like... you can break the rules... just don't show anyone else how to break the rules. 

also if you read her post, her issue isnt with rooms being copied, its with not being able to talk about disciplinary issues

lol thank you for this. I made a seperate topic about it to attempt to address an issue that came out of all the things that have been happening. I understand that people reading it will make the cross process. :)

Okay lets say me and RobT are in your car and neither of us like how you drive and voice our opinions on it. Only I fly out and RobT sits comfy in the passenger seat.  Is it your right to do that? Yes it is. Does it ensure that I will never again ride in your car for any reason... yep you bet!   Also lets add in the fact ... did either of us pay you good money for the ride? When provided a service for which you are paid things get sticky. 

You are always welcome to use another service. If you paid a whole year as you stated, yeah that kinda sucks, I don't do that. I don't like commitments but you did it to save money so you had your reasons you were not forced to do that. I pay more than you do because I pay monthly but I can show my finger and walk away anytime without feeling money wasted.

And I see your point trust me I do. But we do not know the other side of the coin. We don't know what the owners of the website can see. We see only our end and perhaps a fellow member's side. The devs and owners see the whole picture.

I had built and operated a virtual world for a while back in 2013. Opensim. A cloned engine from Second Life back in 2007 that has evolved in a different direction now. I can tell you this. Dealing with the daily technical stuff to keep things running at all is a 24/7 job. Now dealing with member drama and complaint and all the nine yards as extra is that made me decide to fuck it all and close the whole thing.

I have utmost respect to Gizmo because he is still sane. If I was him I would simply double the membership price, gold price, keep things running, change nothing, and let the game on as long as it brings some money in, then when I'm at my cash, I'd close the whole thing and walk away.

No one likes to do things when it's not appreciated. Even if it pays.

But Gizmo is cooler than I am so we still have 3DXChat.

Yes I agree. But the owners of the service can see the actual stats, we can't. And it is still their business and their sole decision how to address complaints if they will at all.

True how they run their business is their perogative and they might well be sitting saying Sugar stuff a cock in ya mouth. Thats okay too. The intent to this post was for me to see how things work here and for me to make decisions on whether or not I wish to be a part of it. I am fine if the powers that be say the above statement. Hell I would just move on. Once more I state I have no vested interest in the place as of yet.  I do however also firmly believe that every paying customer should state their thoughts and opinions.  Hell I dont like have the thoughts of the people here but I will respect that they have them. 

well because you said the dll did nothing that bothered people and when I pointed out what it did to offend people, you seem to be getting defensive. if you think someone giving you a hug and someone sticking his avi cock in your ass is the same thing, I have no clue what to say and I will leave it at that

Rob please go back and read.

I said I was not aware of those things. I have not used it for a long time. Please go back and see where I said that. I was not being defensive... if anything i was showing you that I didn't even know that was a thing. 

Also you said it was stupid to get upset about your avi being hugged in a video game...  but watching your avi being fucked in just the worst?

How do you not see how funny that is that one of these in fine to you and the other is horrible? if anything you are only displaying some serious homophobia. 

The fact is that I can see issue with both of these things and if it was a thing then yes its something that should have been addressed. I didn't really see anyone complaining about it. maybe they did... i just didn't see it. However there are plenty of people complaining about the room copying thing. 

The fact still remains... there are rules being broken but strangely.. sometimes its ok to break them and sometimes it's not. One thing we know for sure if its worse to tell someone how to break a rule than to actually break the rule, and you should be able to agree that is really messed up. 

You are always welcome to use another service. If you paid a whole year as you stated, yeah that kinda sucks, I don't do that. I don't like commitments but you did it to save money so you had your reasons you were not forced to do that. I pay more than you do because I pay monthly but I can show my finger and walk away anytime without feeling money wasted.

And I see your point trust me I do. But we do not know the other side of the coin. We don't know what the owners of the website can see. We see only our end and perhaps a fellow member's side. The devs and owners see the whole picture.

I had built and operated a virtual world for a while back in 2013. Opensim. A cloned engine from Second Life back in 2007 that has evolved in a different direction now. I can tell you this. Dealing with the daily technical stuff to keep things running at all is a 24/7 job. Now dealing with member drama and complaint and all the nine yards as extra is that made me decide to fuck it all and close the whole thing.

I have utmost respect to Gizmo because he is still sane. If I was him I would simple double the membership price, gold price, keep things running, change nothing, and let the game on as long as it brings some money in, then when I'm at my cash, I'd close the whole thing and walk away.

No one likes to do things when it's not appreciated. Even if it pays.

But Gizmo is cooler than I am so we still have 3DXChat.

Hey I play OpenSim!! :) I am not for one minute doubting the complexities of running a place like this (or that) and then on top of it dealing with members. Not for a second do I not give them all the credit they deserve.  However on this issue I am simply a paying customer with a right to a voice. I didnt take the year sub to save money I took it because it was the easiest option. Pay my money and have the 'game' for a year. Done great.  Am I regretting that decision? Remains to be seen.