3DXChat Community

If you could change or witness one moment in time what would it be?

Guest Eclipse

Hopefully this game is fun!

The Idea is: If you could change or witness one moment in time what would it be...it could be that you are doing this for yourself, family, a loved one, a friend, the world, etc.
In both situations (change or witness) you have to travel in time (either backwards or forwards), in the case of change you also have to say how you would change or prevent that moment from happening. In the case of witness, you are just an observer and your presents will not impact the future.  

Examples

Change:

I would travel back to the Dakota Apartment in New York City on December 8, 1980 and inform the doorman to alert the NYPD that the man standing across the street was carrying a gun and intends to kill John Lennon on his return. Mark David Chapman would be arrested for carrying a concealed weapon...

-Or-

Witness:
I would travel back to see what woodstock was all about. Gotta be honest it looked like a nightmare.

I would travel back to the time of Christ,and wittness that. Notjust his crucifixtion,but his miracles,evangelizing,everything. Im not a Christian,but Ive always been very interested in if the biblical accounts of Jesus are true. Im very skeptical,but Im the kinda of person who dosent dismiss something simply because I cant see it.

I would go back in time 3 months ago when i joined 3dx to apply what i have learned thus far....and apply the awesome wisdom gained and meet the circle of friends that i have now made much sooner.

But in the end it is the adventure that is exciting......speed bumps and smooth sailing...alike.

I'd go back to the warm pool on the shores of the early earth...stick my pinkie in the primordial ooze and swish it about a bit.

As a biologist I think it's the only responsible thing to do ;)

I would go back one year and seven months...30 seconds before our first contact and simply turn left instead of turning right. Simple, then I could stop with the nagging "if only" thoughts...

I find it fascinating that all the above posters (except one who want to fast forward 6 months) want to go back in time.

If I could witness one moment in time it would be definitely in the future.

What will it be like 2,000 years from now?  How about 5,000?  We will be at peace with ourselves?  We will have found the way to travel in space in relatively short times?

Will some foods still taste like chicken? 

I would definitely want to witness the moment when the Surgeon General of the Galaxy will declare that humanity is finally disease free and we can live and die according to the natural cycle of life without having to suffer the hardship of disease.

Freezer,

President and CEO

Club SWC

I must be honest, I thought of going into the future, to see exactly what shall be many eons from now but then it struck me... our future is not written, we experience everything as it happens and the fluidity of life does not technically entail a rigid future. And small change can drastically effect what was supposed to be so I personally do not think it would be practical to visit the future as it does not yet exist. Personal feeling here.

However changing the past too could have far reaching effects on our current present. A pebble in a lake causes a small ripple that spreads...

However if there is but one thing I could change... for me it would be the 1960s when the National Party came into power and introduced apartheid. It is the single worst aspect my country has had and we, to this day, are still suffering from it and it's legacy with racial tension.

I would love to be able to change this.

Ok so once again I am going to have to echo Mikey on this, actually somewhere I said something similar to this before.

There are so many things I could change of my past, but then would I be the same person I am today? Probably not because those events shaped who I am today. So I really do not want to change anything.

Overall, if I could change something, it may be that there was no slavery of any kind.