3DXChat Community

PROBLEM WITH THE MUSIC

Bulli

hey Gizmo,

It happens in many rooms. All has begun after the server crashes earlier this year. Example: Last Sunday, I went to the room of a friend using Icecast. No music. I have toggled off "music" and an toggled on. Then I had music. 

When you are in a public place, suddenly the music stops... you reload the room and music is there again. It is not a problem with a provider but with the plugin and/or some server settings.

And certain songs ALWAYS do it.  If you're in Sin Club you can get a 100% repro of the sound cutting out when Ozzy Osborne's "Crazy Train" plays.  It always cuts out right at the beginning and at least a second time partway through.

There was speculation here that it was a buffering issue (are your ring buffers maybe too small?).  

it doesnt matter what stream website we use the music stop everywhere even in General places like Sin & love island , everywhere i go i hear music for few mins and than a cut i need to enable my radio again, this problem start with me since the last crash of the server 

myradiostream with shoutcast 2.5 did have issues, they required people to update to shouts 2.0 or higher and i had music issues with it so looking for a different server one day.. However Gizmo, why not see if there can be a partnership with a company? They get people and people get music, it does not have to be the only music server but it can be one recognized and partnered with here.

It seems there is a problem with the availability of streaming servers for players experiencing problems with music. It is not on 3DXCHAT side.

Is there any possibility to increase the buffer size? Maybe this could help some. That's all 3dx can do of cause.

It seems there is a problem with the availability of streaming servers for players experiencing problems with music. It is not on 3DXCHAT side.

It mainly happens in crowded room. Do you mean the number of allowed listener per stream?

But can it be possible to have one that a server streamer can co-operates with the 3dxChat side. A server endorsed by 3DX meaning, the players in 3DX become aware of the site and site in returns works with 3DX.. Less headache for 3DX more customers for the server.. 

This whole topic confuses me?

Centova cast is the same regardless of the Web host  ... it is merely licensed from centova cast by a webhost .... full stop.

But music turning off and on in Public rooms is an issue  .... it happens to me all the time and to others.

The public room thing has been an issue also. The music just stops randomly sometimes. 

But in private rooms.. its a much bigger issue. There's many times the stream cannot even be heard at all or will stop even after a few seconds. And in every case I know of for me personally, its because the stream was from myradiostream. 

I don't mean to offend anyone but everyone i have ever known that has ever used this service has had countless issues over the years. I would suggest something different. 

But can it be possible to have one that a server streamer can co-operates with the 3dxChat side. A server endorsed by 3DX meaning, the players in 3DX become aware of the site and site in returns works with 3DX.. Less headache for 3DX more customers for the server.. 

There was once an offer for such a thing of a well known DJ & Music provider to put all things under one roof. Fully licensed servers for public & private rooms. Small fee's, 3dx exclusive. Win-Win for all...

But was turned down because developers didnt want to spend a small amount of money to improve the music experience for all. Instead they decided to decline and keep up the "freebie" entertainment.

For a price tho.

Quality.

But this is a dead horse and I dont wanna beat it any further. Just want to remind there was all of this possible. Was...

Now we have our cake and eat it to.

My final solution for this problem is: Settings > Sound > Music Checkbox unticked (Saves bandwith too)

But in private rooms.. its a much bigger issue. There's many times the stream cannot even be heard at all or will stop even after a few seconds. And in every case I know of for me personally, its because the stream was from myradiostream. 

No disrespect  .... I am no expert  .... but every host uses the same service 'centova cast'  .... Infact I was having problems  (I thought with geckohost ) I eventually realised it was a 3dx problem  .... In fact the owner of Gecko host was the one that informed me that all the web hosts used the same software licensed from centova cast.

The music poroblems have changed with each update by 3DX ,,,, the webhosts use the same software (nothing has changed) the only thing changing is 3dx  .... I think that says something  ....

If I am missing something I am willing to change my opinion :)

No disrespect  .... I am no expert  .... but every host uses the same service 'centova cast'  .... Infact I was having problems  (I thought with geckohost ) I eventually realised it was a 3dx problem  .... In fact the owner of Gecko host was the one that informed me that all the web hosts used the same software licensed from centova cast.

The music poroblems have changed with each update by 3DX ,,,, the webhosts use the same software (nothing has changed) the only thing changing is 3dx  .... I think that says something  ....

If I am missing something I am willing to change my opinion :)

In this current round of issues of streaming in private rooms... every case where the issue was people not able to hear the music... the DJ was using myradiostream.... I use gecko, others use other providers, no issues with any other provider. That is all I can tell you. 

I can tell you that not all stream servers are of the same quality, sure the common software for shoutcast is Centova but that is only 1 part of a larger machine.

There was once an offer for such a thing of a well known DJ & Music provider to put all things under one roof. Fully licensed servers for public & private rooms. Small fee's, 3dx exclusive. Win-Win for all...

But was turned down because developers didnt want to spend a small amount of money to improve the music experience for all. Instead they decided to decline and keep up the "freebie" entertainment.

For a price tho.

Quality.

But this is a dead horse and I dont wanna beat it any further. Just want to remind there was all of this possible. Was...

Now we have our cake and eat it to.

My final solution for this problem is: Settings > Sound > Music Checkbox unticked (Saves bandwith too)

Gizmo if you are reading this is it possible to get the deal back? Give them quality the free thing is imploding.