3DXChat Community

General Poll from threads.

Mar Mohan

General Poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have the hug/kiss with selections for Friends/everyone so you can choose who you have contact with? Would you be willing to pay for it?

• Yes, I want the option.
    • No, I don't want the option.
    • I don't care either way.
    • Yes, I'd be willing to pay to choose who can touch me.
    • No, I don't want to pay to choose who can touch me.
  2. 2. Do you want your alt avi(s) known in some way? Would you be willing to pay for it?

• Yes, but not pay. Examples: Check box to allow who sees them. Color Markers to show it's an alt. @ParentName listed someone on your profile.
    • No, I don't want pay nor do I want them shown.
    • I don't care.
    • Yes, Pay for it. Examples: Check box to allow who sees them. Color Markers to show it's an alt. @ParentName listed someone on your profile.
    • No, I'd pay for them to not be shown.
  3. 3. Would you be willing to take a survey as you log in for the game owners?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.
    • I don't have a subscription so I can't.
    • I would if I had a subscription.

I think once the poll has run its coarse there will be a lot more discussion go on in here, as there has been in other threads that have had polls.

The way it is now it is looking very much like I had said in another thread, where in the forum anyway it seems to be pretty much 50/50 on people wanting changes and people who don't.

In the game I think it varies depending on what side of the fence you are on.

When I talk to people that I am around in the game it seems to lean heavily towards people wanted new measures brought in.

From what people who appose it say in these forums it sounds like for them it is the other way around.

My guess is it is around 50/50 in the game as well and that really has always been my opinion.

We have talked about divisions in the game and I think there is one there.

The 2 seem to often keep clear of each other in many ways.

Another thing I have wondered about is how a poll like this would go if it could be taken that the 10k charge would be removed if certain other things were added.

Although lots seem to believe that Gizmo is more interested in making money from this I don't believe that to be the case.

The 10k charge was introduced when something like is happening now happened before, where there were so many posts in this forum about the issue of alts being miss used.

There no matter what ideas were put forward they were all met with heavy opposition, not one was considered at all by people on the opposing side.

I warned back then that if we couldn't agree on anything that the devs were liable to come up with something themselves and look what happened.

So I will give the same warning again as it could very well happen again here.

My suggestion is to start looking at the different ideas that have been suggested, maybe think if changes to them that could make them more agreeable to everyone.

Think about putting something to Gizmo where it could be made possible to take away the 10k charge and get a better result in controlling how people miss use alts.

The 10k charge took a lot away from the game and has made it harder for new players.

We need to look at ways we can make it easier for new players to settle into the game.

At the moment there is to much dis trust all around, it needs to improve.

Not only in regards to alts, but also things like the boot from room and a way we can select which friends can see us as online.

Let's keep the topic to the poll.  This has nothing to do with Pandora.  It is a basic poll with simple answers.

Want to have a discussion about Pandora go here http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5085-pandora-review/?hl=%2Bpandora+%2Breview

Not this thread as it's a general poll unless it pertains to the poll itself there is no reason to voice opinions about Pandora or suggests on how to go about other things as that's been done and a redundant basis.

Want to have a discussion about Pandora go here http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5085-pandora-review/?hl=%2Bpandora+%2Breview

Not this thread as it's a general poll unless it pertains to the poll itself there is no reason to voice opinions about Pandora or suggests on how to go about other things as that's been done and a redundant basis.

Sorry, Mar, but you are not allowed to moderate your own threads in this Forum.  lol  Just teasing.

Sorry, Mar, but you are not allowed to moderate your own threads in this Forum.  lol  Just teasing.

Not moderating it but keeping to the poll. :D

Don't anybody take this the wrong way - read what I have to say first before going off on one :-)

Mar's poll is flawed - not least because it suffers from all the problems that are an intrisic part of forum polls. The other issue is that the first two sets of answers, in effect, relate to two questions. Now that would be fine if it could be set so that the related answers could be checked together, but I don't think that's possible. You either get one answer only, which affects the results one way, or you can check all the boxes which affects the results another.

That said I think it is possible for the results to tell us something, but only when viewed alongside other stuff we've talked about, presented etc. My line on this is that while one set of rough data tells us pretty well sod all, start looking around for other information and a picture can emerge when you start to put it all together. It doesn't always follow, but that's the nature of the game.

I like to think that when this one has run its course and we start thinking, something useful could come out of it.

In short I'm saying this doesn't have to be a useless exercise, and all credit to Mar for giving it a go. Treat it in good faith, do what we can with it and then see where it goes, yeah?

The poll is simple there is no need to make it out as something more than it is.  The questions and answers speak for themselves.

Do you want to have the hug/kiss with selections for Friends/everyone so you can choose who you have contact with? Would you be willing to pay for it?

It's simple you either do or don't and willingness to pay for it. That simple.  No issues with the question or the answer.  Other games charge a monthly fee for it.

Yes, I want the option.  Yes you want it plain and simple.
No, I don't want the option.  No, you don't.
I don't care either way.  It doesn't matter if you have it or not as it doesn't bother you at all.
Yes, I'd be willing to pay to choose who can touch me.  You'd be willing to pay for the option if they offered it to the users.
No, I don't want to pay to choose who can touch me.  You wouldn't pay for the option if they offered it to the users.

Do you want your alt avi(s) known in some way? Would you be willing to pay for it? 

It's simple you either do or don't and willingness to pay for it. That simple.  No issues with the question or the answer.

Yes, but not pay. Examples: Check box to allow who sees them. Color Markers to show it's an alt. @ParentName listed someone on your profile.Yes you want it but don't feel you should have to pay for it.
No, I don't want pay nor do I want them shown. No you don't want it and feel you shouldn't have to pay to not have them shown.
I don't care. Don't care either way as it's not important to you.
Yes, Pay for it. Examples: Check box to allow who sees them. Color Markers to show it's an alt. @ParentName listed someone on your profile. Yes, I'd be willing to pay for it.
No, I'd pay for them to not be shown.  No, I wouldn't be willing to pay for it.

Would you be willing to take a survey as you log in for the game owners?
Yes.
No.
I don't care.
I don't have a subscription so I can't.
I would if I had a subscription.

There is also the following threads although these ones are locked you can see where this poll was based on.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7031-our-sweet-and-problematic-alts-techsolution/

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6600-should-avatars-belonging-to-an-account-have-a-common-parent-nickname/

The third question is fine, Mar. It’s the other two question pairs that give the potential problem. It’s clear what you intended but if we take the first question, if you want the facility but don’t want to pay for it then two boxes need to be checked. At the time I first tried it only allowed one. At the time I actually did the survey I was allowed to check all boxes if I wanted too. Either way can distort any result, fortunately only the more cynical are likely to check everything so the poll doesn’t go off the rails. It’s something to be kept in mind as things go.

As I said before it could show something useful useful. Therefore it’s worth a try.

Read the breakdown again.  The answers are clear.  You can either want it and not pay for it.  You can want it but be willing to pay for it if they offered it to you as an additional cost.  Same for the second question.  Both are simple answers.