3DXChat Community

Real Life matter in game?

Briana

Real Life matter in game?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Real Life matter in game?

Guest Stefia

I do circle of friend with people have a minim of guenine feelings arent liar manipulative hide alt do roleplay, play with feeling are married 3 time and give lessons to the other....

People play a rule is the door for my part...

For the real life its the provite part of each, havent to develop the private part during friendship is true.

I find talking about RL all the time in the game very very boring. No offence meant of course but that is just not my thing. If I wan't to talk about RL I do it in person or over the phone and definitely only with people I actually know for a longer period of time.

3DXChat like many other virtual worlds are designed with the purpose of living a fantasy, get away from RL. When someone insist to talk about my current and present RL in 3DXchat I usually make up some BS for the sake of conversation. I don't recall telling anyone any facts about my present RL in the game and I never ever ask about it either. I may have said a few things about my RL past that is true but other than that I love 3DXChat for what it was made for.

When I like and respect someone very much in game I am willing to listen to their RL stuff but I share none about mine. Nothing current.

It shouldn't if your treating it like a game, but it ends up that it does. If you get close with people it always happens, which is ok with me if I really like that person. I personally think that what really matters is who the person is and how they treat me, but I find that few are willing to return that way of acting, so yes it clearly matters to many people. Also, I find that not talking about real life stuff gets boring after a while, but it doesn't have to be about their or my life, just things that happen in the real world

I kind of wish i could have voted both yes and no. I think who and what you are in real life can shape who you are here if you stay on the game long enough, and the reality of who someone is in real life will always shine through in their personality sooner or later. But like others said there is alot of fantasy here and i think that's a great thing too. also more than anything on this game there should always be privacy and anonymity if someone wants that. So hmmm, i go to say both yes and no.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You cannot be serious with this poll!!!!! Life, both real and virtual, is far more complex than a simple yes/no answer. What about options like, maybe, it depends, with close firends possibly and so on.

People play in different ways, it is not pathetic if real life has a role to play in game. I would suggest that someone who finds the game more real than real might deserve something far more substantial than derision. Support perhaps?

It really depends..if you see it just as a game ..then my answer is simply "NO"..but there are members out there...feeling this much more than they should maybe..you can fall in true love here..so again "NO" Always concentrate on ur LIFE! It is yours and this is all..that you have ..and you will have in the end...maybe nothing! Always look in the mirror and see a good person..if not..run away from this "game" !

well its a game so doesnt matter  but its better to leave RL out cause RL sucks meaning ppl have to work n be slaves to other to earn money to have food n services , their personal free time is so lil to do stuff cause all ppl do is work work work pay pay pay 

No fun at all . I believe that ppl should be free n have much free time to spend as they please .

ppl get sic etc wars murders u name it ...this world sucks big time  :D  :D  :D  :D 

So just try to enjoy game <3

even more ironic is a guy pretending to be female in a forum talking shit to anyone about anything. 

Hehe nice try but your Kryptonite is completly useless against me. I'm not pretending to be female, i'm a guy who plays a female avatar in  a sex game. My profiles here and in game are clear about it ;)

And funny to accuse me to talk shit to anyone about anything when you said:

for some the game is real life as pathetic as that sounds

In a topic which was dead for more than a month... Isn't that seeking attention in a sex game forum? Some ppl would think it's a bit pathetic. I don't, like I said I thought It was ironic because in a way you're like all of us even if you're not aware of it. You can't write more than 7000 messages on that forum and pretend the game (cause the forum it's basically the same) it's not real life especially when you seek so much attention from us with your trolls and other taunts. Replace attention with love and you'll get what I mean..

And to be clear I'm glad to give you some attention today but don't get used to it :P.

well its a game so doesnt matter but its better to leave RL out cause RL sucks meaning ppl have to work n be slaves to other to earn money to have food n services , their personal free time is so lil to do stuff cause all ppl do is work work work pay pay pay

No fun at all . I believe that ppl should be free n have much free time to spend as they please .

ppl get sic etc wars murders u name it ...this world sucks big time :D:D:D:D

So just try to enjoy game <3

Wow Ali, you sound really cynical of real life :P

Personally, I won’t share real life with someone who I have just met. However, when I have been talking with someone for a while or got close to someone then I will start sharing small nuggets of information. For me, I much prefer talking to a person. If I just feel I am always talking to someone in a constant role play, that really does nothing for me, and I cannot keep up the act either. For the very few people I do call my closest friends, I will trust with more personal real life information. We keep in contact outside of 3DX, and I see them as part of my real life circle of friends, one of whom I have met in person.

Obviously, everyone is different. I have nothing against people who want to keep the two completely separate and when they come online they are just a character. At the same time, there are interactions here between real people who sit behind the keyboard. I have found people who say “No RL” in their profile, but when they start to trust a person, they usually open up. I think it is only human nature to share some of your real self and to show people your personality, regardless of the platform, otherwise it just becomes very dehumanising.

I agree with Rob, that there are probably a select few who probably do spend way too much time in 3DX, where it becomes their entire existence, maybe they are unemployed, it could be a bunch of things, which could be said about a lot of online games. This is not necessarily a problem with sharing real life in game, in fact this is more of a case of trying to escape real life, which is a dangerous cycle to fall into. I think people who are more grounded are much more likely to share their real life, because they are generally happy with life, whereas those who are most cynical and least happy with real life are going to be less likely to share and enclose themselves in a fictional virtual bubble.

We really need some more optimistic people in this world and the real world. I’d rather be optimistic and wrong, rather than pessimistic and right.

We really need some more optimistic people in this world and the real world. I’d rather be optimistic and wrong, rather than pessimistic and right.

I think this is a good attitude.

I agree that 3dxChat is a game, but it is also a social platform. You make friends, you build some kind of relationship so real life will become part of it. I think that is good an wholesome and part of what makes playing the game so rewarding. The thing I object to is the suggestion that people who use the game as something more than 'just a game', that it doesn't matter at all, are in some way mentally deficient.

well to be fair if you added all your posts from your forum alts, you might have 7k. stop getting banned monthly and you will reach it. 

Never got banned here or anywhere else ^^

thats ok, I heard you were a troll groupie. at least you picked the best one this time. :P

Don't flatter yourself too much, you're good but the best? nah.

And I'm not a groupie, don't know who you think I am but... oh well I don't care.

Well... hum... ok.... that's a bit awkward. You know I just trolled you a bit cause you're a good customer like we say in french and I was bored. But saying i'm stalking you... hum ok. I don't want to play that game.

You know, gonna let you with your stuff, was fun but I think it'd be better for me to stay away from that shit.