3DXChat Community

Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?

Perimede

Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't be bothered to reply

I think it depends on the context of the hugging. If it feels like its someone greeting me then of course I don't mind or even like it. Is it a single hug or multiple hugs? Do they walk away after hugging me, or just stand around? There that can be awkward. Am I alone or are people I am chatting with or know around me? Is it one of their friends? Really its not such a simple thing to answer. I never really feel like my personal space is invaded by the game, but everyone is different. I am going with no in the poll though.

I myself have never played 3DX, but my wife has (before we were married). She has told me she didn't care having men invade her personal space and being lesbian considered it an invasion (since most never look at the profile to see if they are even interested in men). She didn't really mind it when women did it, but as stated before by some, you have no idea wither the person taking liberties with you is actually male or female. She was the one that actually warned me not to get involved in 3DX (and we have better thing to do with NZ$50 a month). If you don't do it in the real world, you shouldn't do it in 3DX.

Of course in 3DX you can't be arrested for a perceived sexual assault or have the shit kicked out of you for "hugging" some stranger.

No ah don't. Especially when they say nothing and stand there with their arms crossed in ma space.

People on ma frands list is different, strangers who aren't can suck a phat one :P

Do we like strangers in rl hugging us, out of tha blue? Nups…….they could have fleas or smell like bad eggs eeps :P

Here tho ah consider a rando huggins worse than a "hi", even tho ah respond to all pms, because im not rooders, a rando hugg is ignored and then they can stand there waiting fo a return huggins and look like a complete doosh when they dunn get one  :D

Ah consider eet a little bit rude but a rando kik in da ball bag would be so sweet to have fo such occasions :P

Good points Brett and Niblette, it isn’t always that simple, but you get my point, which is good and it makes clear you reasons for voting the way you did. I appreciate that. Allie, I do love the way you write, especially the ‘Randi kick in the ball bag’. Now that is an animation we really must press the devs to create :-)

It’s clear already that people don’t like random hugs except under specific circumstances. 15 to 1 so far, it also pisses people off, so don’t trivialise it because you get some nefarious thrill out it. Did you vote yes or couldn’t be bothered? It’s a secret poll so you don’t need to answer if you don’t want to, but you see the point?

You and one or two others, probably fewer seeing as you’re playing alt game, are in the minority, get used to it and accept that most people don’t find what you’re doing, funny, interesting or anything other than a bloody nuisance.

Instead of a "kick in the ball bag" which seemed to have been liked which is far worse a punishment for a hug that could be a simple misunderstanding.  How about what IMVU has in place, you put your hand up there for blocking the person from an unwanted hug, kiss on the cheek, room invite or partner request.  You select it in a profile as to who you want to have contact with you or they just put it where anyone that isn't your friend can't touch your without asking but can turn it off when going into certain rooms where that is considered acceptable or encouraged.

I am a hugger. I love hugging and cuddling and talk like that on and on. But yeah it is not my thing when an unknown someone jumps on me without any warning lol By saying that I don't like it doesn't mean it bothers me much. They usually move on pretty fast to hug someone else. There is no BO in 3DX, no STD, no sweat-catch-bugs so it's nothing but a bit annoying lol

I'm sure that few people actually like hugs from complete strangers.  However, the natural progression here is to suggest that we make it so that you can only hug people on your friends list. 

I would be against that. 

There are a number of people (male and female) who I see regularly and chat with in Local but who I haven't added to my friends list.  I'm completely fine with them hugging me as a greeting when they come into the room.  And similarly, I often hug these people when I enter a room, and they don't seem to mind (because they then hug me back).  

I feel that the negative of random strangers being able to hug me is less than the positive I get from hugging "friendlies" who aren't on my friends list.

Tlaera