3DXChat Community

Our sweet and problematic ALT`s (tech.solution)

☙𝔼𝕩❧

aww, seems you take issue with people who dont agree with you, actually i never mentioned your name. stop being self absorbed, everything isn't about you ;)

As far as me being a jerk , i will say this, there have been three "fights in this thread and the last. Exharen and you, sage and you and now me and you. Care to guess what is the one thing linking all three? i will give you a hint, its you.  I will let you figure out whos the jerk and who isn't.  

You quoted me in that post, post 16 in this thread, so maybe you don't know how forums work but if you quote a persons post when you say "you" in yours it is naturally taken you are referring to them.

Only fight I have had in this thread is with you, I actually agree with what ExHaran has said in her post and have said that, she is at least making an effort to find a possible solution which means she sees there is a problem that does effect some of us.

You want to go back to saying there is no problem and it is only a hand full of us that think there is.

Again you started this fight, because you didn't like what I had to say, not the other way around.

I gave my opinion on something you said then you attacked me, like always.

i never said it did, as a matter of fact ive never said a bad thing about Pandora ever. 

Please relax, Rob. The only part of that message that was in response to your comment was the opening line about Pandora not charging a fee. The rest was just my personal opinion.

I've just gone through this almost properly, there's too much of the old style crap cropping up to motivate me to take it all in.

Ex has come up with an idea that has potential. I guess she's pretty tech savvy too so considers it quite feasible from a coding point of view. I think with all the debates we've had recently it is clear that there is a problem. Enough people want to know that the person they're speaking to isn't going to mess with them. As Rob says, Ex's idea brings Pandora in house, which is where it should be from the point of view of data protection. Jess says that a large proportion of users have used Pandora in some way, me too in that I got a friend to check me out to help me deal with an attack by someone. That suggests that there is a need, in fact Pandora would never have been created or survived if there wasn't a need.

As a result of the above I have doubts about Pandora, on several levels. There's no need for me to outline them other than to say that keeping the facility in house mitigates those doubts straight away.

So let's analyse Ex's idea, involve ourselves in Xeno's latest poll, look at Niblette's suggestion and try our bloody hardest to take a real step to deal with people who try to make our 3dxChat experience far less fun than it should be. Gizmo will pick up on clear ideas that will improve his product, because it is in his interests to do so. It may take him a while but that's OK.

So no more mud slinging, yeah. Banter is fine, even serious debate can be fun.

Has 1 account 1 avi

Had another one account with 1 avi to support parties but cancelled it.

So I'm one of the few that has only one avi hehe.

Last thing its a game its not a dating site.

U play u dance u DJ u so some sex u hang out with ppl n that's all.

Its pixels so stop ur paranoia haha

Ok let me retract that statement and put it a different way. I would guess that most regular users/ social users use Pandora. Most of the people I know do use it. There are also lots of people who play 3dx to watch the sex animations and fill the rooms labeled "Only Fuck No Chat". Those people certainly do not use Pandora. The social people and the people who have much time invested into the community do. I do not care to interact with the "Only Fuck No Chat" people. They do not affect my 3dx experience and i'd like to keep it that way. 

Also it should be noted that no one is suggesting that alts were bad or that alts in general are a problem. The original post was simply an idea that seemed like a happy medium to many issues that have been brought up. Its clear that you don't approve of it and that's fine. You have a right to your opinion but so does everyone else. If I want to use 3dx as a social platform instead of "playing a fuck game" then that's my decision, not yours. I don't expect you or anyone else to understand it, but I will have you know there are many people that also use 3dx in the same manner.  So no... I will not just "play the game without a fucking care in the world", but you are free to do so.  I don't see the harm in trying to find a solution to a known problem. It is a problem, whether or not it has affected you or whether or not you want to recognize it as one. 

Just because a problem does not affect you does not mean there is no problem.  

As it's been pointed out that Pandora does that for people who want to know the alts of someone so even if we have @parentname, a marker to show it's an alt, so with Pandora our privacy is already violated and if the game does the same, do you think people will stay and support it, more than likely not.  With Pandora we don't have a choice with the game we do and should having it forced on us wouldn't be right it should be a choice but even that doesn't matter when you have people posting alts in WC anyway because of Pandora.  I never said I play the game as a fuck game, I've socialized more than I've fucked in the game because I don't just fuck anyone who wants to fuck me unless I want to have sex.  Nor did I say that there wasn't a problem with people who use alts to mindfuck others as it's been done to me.  There are people who are aware of what has happened to me in the game.  While it's a known problem it's not going to prevent people from having a new account to do it so putting anything else into play becomes a moot point as it's not going to prevent it from happening and once again the only ones that win are the owners as they make the money from it.

As I noticed, problem is to avoid drama and unwanted communications, but to keep our private information in safe.

Some of us want to know other characters of person they want to communicate without drama, troubles etc. (not for stalking for sure, it`s prohibited).

Another part of community care about private information of account that includes every created character. Our information on account like an our own home, no one is allowed to just walk inside our house without asking. If something bad only police(irl)/administration(in the game) can check us. Everything clear.

I tried to made it in the best democracy way. 

By clicking on a person's character (Player2) we can see a standard window with a new feature below, like in a picture (or something like that). 
BwVPAL5.jpg

Then you (Player1) can use this feature to ask the person for show the list of other characters by request (red arrow). We know that this function can be useble in a bad way (as spam for example) that`s why there is another function at right side of the screen (blue arrow). If someone don`t want to be bothered by this checking, just set it to "off".
62WUi0J.jpg

If Player2 accepted your request, then will be shown a window with other characters(their names). 
uE460Cw.png
Here is two ways:
1. If Player1 wasn`t satisfied by a list of other character`s names, then click on one of them to get more information by the same second request.
2. Or all included without second request. Just click on the character you need to know and watch their profile window.

Both persons will be able to draw conclusions about each other.
On my opinion, most of the community will not agree with this idea, but it`s just an idea how to solve a problem that some of us see.
Personally, I'm not a fan of such methods.

I don`t want to made a poll because when was server crashes and long queues, I noticed how many was in queue and how many people came to the forum(just around 10%). I still support the idea about in-game poll for everyone(by developers) the same way that goes in another games.

Sorry if there were any mistakes.

Be happy/

It's a good idea and one that gives users control but the problem is that Pandora is out there and that won't stop a user from going there and still getting that information from it.  There was someone who said in WC that Pandora was shut down so I asked the person and they told me it was a long time friend of theirs that told them, so I suggested they ask their friend where they got their information as I was told it's still working.  It's things like that being said that make others think something completely different maybe even safe and it's wrong.  As long as it's out there you're not safe even if this is put into place there's no way to tell it won't have glitches like everything else that comes with the game that we've noticed and people will still be able to see your other/alt avis and you have the box unchecked.

I'm very sad to find no privacy for alts. Anything I ever did to explore fantasies will now follow me to other alts. This explains the random hellos and gifts my new alt has gotten from people I've never interacted with as that alt. I'll never be able to start over or get away from the bad choices I made as a new user. Wish they had mentioned this before I paid all that money to join.

As it's been pointed out that Pandora does that for people who want to know the alts of someone so even if we have @parentname, a marker to show it's an alt, so with Pandora our privacy is already violated and if the game does the same, do you think people will stay and support it, more than likely not.  With Pandora we don't have a choice with the game we do and should having it forced on us wouldn't be right it should be a choice but even that doesn't matter when you have people posting alts in WC anyway because of Pandora.  I never said I play the game as a fuck game, I've socialized more than I've fucked in the game because I don't just fuck anyone who wants to fuck me unless I want to have sex.  Nor did I say that there wasn't a problem with people who use alts to mindfuck others as it's been done to me.  There are people who are aware of what has happened to me in the game.  While it's a known problem it's not going to prevent people from having a new account to do it so putting anything else into play becomes a moot point as it's not going to prevent it from happening and once again the only ones that win are the owners as they make the money from it.

Nothing can prevent it 100% but like I have already stated... it makes me happier knowing that these people have to pay more money to act this way.

Personally I don't think any changes need to be made because we have Pandora. I was only supporting the op that I thought it was a good idea.

It's a good idea and one that gives users control but the problem is that Pandora is out there and that won't stop a user from going there and still getting that information from it.  There was someone who said in WC that Pandora was shut down so I asked the person and they told me it was a long time friend of theirs that told them, so I suggested they ask their friend where they got their information as I was told it's still working.  It's things like that being said that make others think something completely different maybe even safe and it's wrong.  As long as it's out there you're not safe even if this is put into place there's no way to tell it won't have glitches like everything else that comes with the game that we've noticed and people will still be able to see your other/alt avis and you have the box unchecked.

I agree, Pandora still works the same as people still the same use it. I just don`t consider this pandora. And who knows how long the pandora will live.

I promised to give an idea in the last topic, so here I am. 

Can we stop thinking this is the same as Pandora, it offers advantages that Pandora does not.

For starters although people in here are saying everyone knows about Pandora, not everyone does.

There was a person made a post in here just a few weeks ago that pretty much started this all off, saying he knew nothing about Pandora until it made trouble for him.

A lot of new players take time to find out about Pandora, they can be in the game for months before they hear about it.

Yes I would say that most who have been in the game for a decent time would now know, but it is a long way from everyone in the game knowing.

Unless it is something supplied by the game then it will never be that everyone knows.

Plus Pandora does not pick up 100% of what people do, it scans and the information is only caught if you have it there when you are scanned.

Also it has not done much at all in giving trust back to people in meeting new people.

People are still distrusting towards people claiming to be new to the game, the thought they could be an alt is still very much a part of the game.

If I see an avi that appears to be following me around, I don't go looking for someone and say can you check this person out for me with Pandora.

Whereas if this was there I could send that avi a request to see his or her alts, or see how many avis they have.

If they didn't answer I would likely put them on iggy.

At the moment I don't, if someone appears to be following me around it takes a long time for me to get certain enough to do that, put them on iggy.

If a person gets in say WC and starts spreading lies about you when you aren't there, how many friends do you have that would go to the extent of finding someone with Pandora to check them out and do something about them.

Mostly people will just tell you their name and what they were saying when they see you next, and by then they have deleted and you cant do shit.

Some will reply to these people and try let others know he or she is likely an alt but I for one do not like people having to do that for me.

It then puts them in the firing line of that person.

Now this may not do much to prevent that from happening, but it will help and it will be an influence on many not to do it in the 1st place.

Allowing a little more trust into new players is worth it on its own, let alone all the other things it can help prevent.

So no, there is no way I will agree it will do nothing that Pandora, the report system and iggy already do.

Plus Pandora does not pick up 100% of what people do, it scans and the information is only caught if you have it there when you are scanned.

Pandora, however shows way more then this idea would which only shows the current start of that persons alts. Pandora on the other hand shows a history of that account. It shows all gifts sent and received inducing deleted one, all alts included deleted ones, photos including deleted ones, and all past profiles. Does it miss some stuff that was only up for a short time sure, but it shows a history which this idea wouldn't, so its still significantly more powerful in that way. I think that there might be some issues with fully trusting it though, since it is third party. We really don't know who made it, or if they have an agenda. Also, it seems perhaps whatever the reason for making Pandora was it failed at its objective. I think it was made to bring more trust into the game, and make people feel confident in things but it failed at that. The game moved in the other direction instead once people's alts were revealed, and people started using more alts, and sharing less about RL. So, Pandora is up for sale they want about $6,500 for the site without source code, and two or three times that with source code if I remember correctly. Obviously there are questions about that, and why its being offered for sale. I think that the community has largely accepted Pandora, and that it seems the devs have also, since people are able to openly talk about using it, and WC is full of people outing alts. So, it seems like its allowed now we really need to know how gizmo feels about, and if he still is planning on doing something. A lot of people like this new status quo where they can pretend they don't have Pandora, and its kind of something that's outside the game which only people "in the know have".

I haven't used Pandora directly myself, as in I haven't signed up for it, but I have to admit if it was just on the web and we didn't have to go through the dark web I likely will have.

I really don't like the idea of having to go through the dark web to get it, I don't know enough about it and have heard some really bad things about it that tells me too stay away from it.

I think there are quite a few people that look at it that way, but also do what I do where if I have something I want to find out I know people I can ask to look it up.

With me that normally happened after someone would tell me they found out things about someone I knew, I would want to find out more information before making a decision.

Yes Pandora offers a lot more, especially in regards to being able to make a more informed decision on something.

For instance you can see how long they have had different alts, how they used them by seeing if they have gifts from people and such.

People have alts of the opposite sex where they do nothing wrong at all, even if people don't know they have them and Pandora can help you sort that out.

Not all the time, but often it can.

The main thing I like about this idea is it can give us more trust in new players.

If we can even see if this player who is presenting themselves as someone new to the game has more than one avi that in it self will help a lot.

I know players can delete all their avis and have one left that looks completely new, but how many would be willing to loose all their gifts and such to do that.

This is the main reason I get involved in these threads, the main concern I have is how it effects players getting started in the game.

If you think about concerns that new players often get when starting out it can actually help there to.

I have always believed it is restricting the growth of the game.

I think we need to realise what it means for it to be there in the game, readily available and known by everyone.

I think we need a few things added to the game to make things a little easier for everyone.

This with a few refinements.

1. I think it needs to have a opt in opt out feature, and if you opt out there needs to be a time set like 7 days before you can opt back in.

If you are opted out, then when a player sends tries to send a request they get a window that says this player has opted out of this system.

That way players that choose not to be disturbed by like cold requests can opt out.

2. I think it also needs to have it so we can just ask how many avis they have, if someone is not willing to let someone know their alts names they may be willing to let them know how many       avis they have, which in some cases can help as well.

We need the boot from room feature.

Another good thing to have would be something that has also been asked for several times in these forums.

A better friends list, where we can have like 2 levels of friends in our list.

This will also help with new players being able to find their way in the game

I think there are a lot that are like me, where I am reluctant to add someone to my friends list until I really get to know them.

This makes it hard for new people, as when we do meet them often we don't add them, then it is hard for them to find us again.

If we had 2 levels of friends, where in one we appear as online to the them and all the other things like our rooms open to friends appear, and the other it does not, it will give us more flexibility where we can add them, be able to find them and when we want let them be able to find us.

I actually don't agree that Gizmo charges on things just to rake in the money.

All that he has put charges on is to restrict people to over use them.

Even the weddings, if it was free people would be getting married and devorced weekly.

If he was looking at just raking in the money I feel he will have put restrictions on build size for our worlds, then charged to be able to go bigger.

He will have really raked in the gold if he had done that and I think if that was all he was thinking about he will have done that.

It also makes good business sense to listen to your customers and keep them happy. Netflix knows all about this when they ignored all of their customers and made changes to their service that they said were essential in order for them to remain in business. Nearly a million customers cancelled their service within a 3 day period. They reverted back and I think they also learned a very important lesson.

You need to listen to your customers.

At this point, 3dx is only successful because it's the only viable choice. If another company were to make something similar, 3dx would be in serious trouble.

And I mean this in a general way overall. I am not focusing on any single issue. The overall communication between development and customer is nearly nonexistent.

It's been posted before that Gizmo has stated.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5085-pandora-review/#entry227130 It's the first post of the thread he started about Pandora.

gizmo

Administrator

• photo-thumb-1.png?_r=1410957006
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 843 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Dear 3DXChat Community,

Recently on our forum there was a topic about a service which according to the creators, allegedly can hack the 3DXChat Servers Database and collect data of the accounts of our players.
Including old data that has been since deleted.

This is not true, they cannot get access to our database. But this service simply collects public data (for example profiles, pictures, gifts).
It seems they just scan the players' profiles every day (maybe even several times a day) and save all of the information collected.
Therefore, you can see the history of the profile changes there. We do not store old account data on our server.

I just want to remind you not to use your personal data in game profiles! Pictures, Names etc. Since this data becomes public for all players to view.

Also, if you want no one to find your alts, then just create a new account in 3DXChat for a new email.

Now with that being said he's also stated that something would be done about it and nothing has.  So again do you think the owners will do anything, highly unlikely.

Here’s a few basic points spelled out. Sorry about the list but it helps me pull it all together.

Pandora as a third party product should not have access to 3dxChat data. Basic data protection considerations.

Pandora fulfils a need otherwise it wouldn’t exist in the first place. Enough users are concerned about people using alts, therefore, for Gizmo to consider doing something.

It is in Gizmo’s interests to take these discussions in to account as part of his product planning. Basic customer awareness.

Ex has come up with a practical suggestion that could go some way to restoring trust in game.

We all want 3dxChat to thrive, we enjoy using it for a whole host of reasons.

A small minority of people have succeeded in creating a situation where people do not trust each other.

So there you go.

Nagging him won't do it.  Gizmo stated back in 2014 that he would give showers to us, we never got them even with being nagged but can now create them with World Editor so that's as good as it gets.  If you can't create it or someone doesn't offer it up for free you don't have one.

Given the way previous threads were trashed, up until a couple of months ago, i’m not the least surprised Gizmo has not been inclined to pick up on stuff. Let’s do it properly this time and give him a chance, yeah.

Clear suggestions, sensibly presented will help.

Here’s a few basic points spelled out. Sorry about the list but it helps me pull it all together.

Pandora as a third party product should not have access to 3dxChat data. Basic data protection considerations.

Pandora fulfils a need otherwise it wouldn’t exist in the first place. Enough users are concerned about people using alts, therefore, for Gizmo to consider doing something.

It is in Gizmo’s interests to take these discussions in to account as part of his product planning. Basic customer awareness.

Ex has come up with a practical suggestion that could go some way to restoring trust in game.

We all want 3dxChat to thrive, we enjoy using it for a whole host of reasons.

A small minority of people have succeeded in creating a situation where people do not trust each other.

So there you go.

If it is Gizmo's best interest to take these discussions into account then he should hear the other side too. My account is cancelled. When I joined the game I didn't know about Pandora. If I had I would never have signed up the same as I wouldn't if the op's suggestion ever made it into game. This is not because I wish to troll or muck with peoples minds but purely because it is down to me how much I share with people and if I don't wish you to know about something that should be my choice.

Yes only one person you might say however as I have said I also play another game like this and when I informed people on my friends list that I had cancelled many have signed up over there too to keep in touch (being free to play helps there :) ) . So far two have already decided they actually like the other place better and also cancelled their accounts here so that is at least 3 subs Pandora has cost 3dx. I am sure I am not the only person either that has cancelled because of it.

If the op's suggestion was to go ahead I think they need to think how many they would lose over it to satisfy what we have seen from the poll is a small minority.

dont let them fool you, far more are against this then for it, they just try to keep pushing the agenda. it will never happen. 

You are forgetting two things here Rob:-

First if there was not a need for it then Pandora would not have been created in the first place, and would not survive. So, there are sufficient people wanting to know about people's alts to sustain Pandora. Therefore there is an argument in favour of bringing that sort of search facility in house.

We will never know the numbers of fors and againsts from the forum posts due to the number of people who post several times as alts on the forums. There is sufficient similarity in the recent posts of some new forum users as compared to previous posts from banned users to make me feel that a few people have created several alts within the last couple of months.

Personally I think there is a need for something, although Sam gives an important point in that it is the individual user who should decide how much of their data is shared. Having said that Gizmo, in the posts he has made on the topic, is much clearer about this than FB and Google and their like.

As I've said before simple data protection considerations mean that Pandora should never have access to 3dx Chat data, any of it.

As for agenda's I think there are people here who really, really want to keep things as they are for a reason. What could that reason be? Maybe they want to mess around with alts? Maybe the way they play requires the anonymity they currently enjoy because they like creating drama? I don't know, I'm just speculating and trying to make the point that accusing people of having agendas goes both ways. Yes we are all trying to put forward an opinion in these debates. It doesn't mean there's an agenda at play. In the final analysis we all want 3dx Chat to thrive and develop so we can enjoy the game in the way we like.

I challenged people to deny that there are a minority of people who use 3dx Chat who delight in causing trouble. Nobody has done this. So the issue is what can be done about these people. OK many users are fortunate in that they haven't or don't come in to contact with these people. Sufficient of us have and have been annoyed, irritated, hurt, a whole range of things, to feel that this minority cause sufficient problems to require something to be done. Twiggy has gone to great lengths to describe how problems can happen only to be hit with the retorts of having an agenda, it's made up, it doesn't happen to me therefore it doesn't happen, nobody's interested, bring the thread to a close, nothing

will happen anyway. None of these people has actually considered what she has said and tried to assess the points she's made in terms of their own experience. Whether you agree with her or not her opinion is as valid as anybody elses and is worthy of proper consideration. Then maybe, if you still disagree you can present a good counter argument. OK I mostly agree with her but that doesn't mean to say that I don't think about what she says and accept it willy nilly.