3DXChat Community

Our sweet and problematic ALT`s (tech.solution)

☙𝔼𝕩❧

As I noticed, problem is to avoid drama and unwanted communications, but to keep our private information in safe.

Some of us want to know other characters of person they want to communicate without drama, troubles etc. (not for stalking for sure, it`s prohibited).

Another part of community care about private information of account that includes every created character. Our information on account like an our own home, no one is allowed to just walk inside our house without asking. If something bad only police(irl)/administration(in the game) can check us. Everything clear.

I tried to made it in the best democracy way. 

By clicking on a person's character (Player2) we can see a standard window with a new feature below, like in a picture (or something like that). 
BwVPAL5.jpg

Then you (Player1) can use this feature to ask the person for show the list of other characters by request (red arrow). We know that this function can be useble in a bad way (as spam for example) that`s why there is another function at right side of the screen (blue arrow). If someone don`t want to be bothered by this checking, just set it to "off".
62WUi0J.jpg

If Player2 accepted your request, then will be shown a window with other characters(their names). 
uE460Cw.png
Here is two ways:
1. If Player1 wasn`t satisfied by a list of other character`s names, then click on one of them to get more information by the same second request.
2. Or all included without second request. Just click on the character you need to know and watch their profile window.

Both persons will be able to draw conclusions about each other.
On my opinion, most of the community will not agree with this idea, but it`s just an idea how to solve a problem that some of us see.
Personally, I'm not a fan of such methods.

I don`t want to made a poll because when was server crashes and long queues, I noticed how many was in queue and how many people came to the forum(just around 10%). I still support the idea about in-game poll for everyone(by developers) the same way that goes in another games.

Sorry if there were any mistakes.

Be happy/

Something else i will add,nice work on it but the simple fact of the matter is, I can say with 99 percent certainty that it will never happen. Why would gizmo drastically change the game just because 10-20 people dont like something. they are in the minority and lets be brutally honest, if all 20 left, 3dx would still operate day to day.In order to get them to change anything you are going to have to have a vast majority wanting it and to be honest, most want the alts thing left alone.  some here seem to think the game is just made for them but that's just not the case. 

*let me just say i am not downing your work, looks good. just my honest opinion*

I totally agree with you. 

This idea was created without looking at Pandora. Pandora may die, but unfortunately only by brilliant programmers.

Firstly I think it is a great idea, and thank you X for putting some thought into something that can be done.

I am not sure everyone would be happy with it though, as like other ideas it will mean certain people in the game will not be able to so easily do what they do, but I really do hope they will give it a chance as I think it will make a big difference.

Although they may still find it intrusive, I think it is about the least intrusive way that has been shown so far to help us against some of the bad things people are doing with alts.

Rob can you please stop this nonsense about only 20 people wanting something done about the alts.

If you want to put it that way then there are only 40 people that don't.

In reality that poll shows there are 23% of people want something done, if there are say 6,000 people in the game then there are close to 1500 people wanting something done.

So if you re going to make statements like that at least get realistic.

I think if we can all agree on something like this, then Gizmo will give it serious consideration and will likely add it.

The problem has always been we have not been able to find something that most can agree on.

I think if something like this was done it should only be an option for people already on your friends list. I don't really feel like having to turn down cold alt reveal request from people I don't even know. I kind of think a second level of friendship that reveled alts would be better, and simpler then this.

Yes that could be a problem, but I don't think it would happen that often, and maybe there should be an opt in opt out thing.

If you opt out a request cannot be sent to you and you can also not send requests, which would also say something to the people sending the request and help them make a decision on if they want to interact with that person or not, just a thought.

But here is something else that this has made me think of.

It could be included in this or be something separate.

Part of the problem with alts the way they are now is how it effects new players, how some to even lots of us wonder if the player presenting themselves as a new player is actually a new player or someones alt.

We can do something to get around that where it really does not intrude on peoples privacy to much.

If people do not want to reveal their alts names, how about we have it so they can reveal how many avis they have as well, without revealing the names.

They can select to just reveal how many avis they have, or to reveal their names, or deny either.

If we know that a player claiming to be new has only one avi, then we can see it is more likely a new player.

Now I know players can make new accounts and this would not help there, unfortunately there is nothing can be done about that.

But if this was there, then the trust problem for new players would be well reduced.

I think that if there is any chance to alts its going to have to be something you opt into, because otherwise it seems to me people will not support it. I think something indicating the number of alts on an account would not be intrusive at all, and still give a lot of information. People who were more curious could then just ask them about their alts knowing they had some. Also for new players maybe there could be a simple timer showing how long the account has been active that would let people know if they are new or not.

simple fact of the matter, most dont care about alts. its only the ones who choose to turn this into plenty of fish who do. you will never get most to agree because most just dont care. I know this is hard to fathom but who has what alt is really none of your business unless you are paying that persons sub. block button is there for a reason. 

I do find it funny you act like most of the game hates alts, look around. just about everyone has them but unlike some here, they dont treat a sex game as real life and could care less. 

are you really comparing the forum to the game? you would be lucky to find 100 who would want his or her alts outed, much less thousands.

Sorry but the vast majority of this is fueled by two or three people who want to treat a game like real life and it just isn't. 

RobT Out!

It has nothing to do with treating 3dx like a dating site. I have 2 alts as well. I just don't misuse them to fuck with people. 

Also.. respectfully... you have zero data to back up any of your statistics. if MOST people didn't care about alts then why do MOST people use Pandora?  ;)

do you have any data to prove they do,i mean outside of the 20 people who voted yes.  i am a man of the people, i ask. its pretty simple. ;)

I actually have nothing that could be considered actual proof, but i know that nearly everyone I know either uses it or has other people do searches for them. 

simple fact of the matter, most dont care about alts. its only the ones who choose to turn this into plenty of fish who do. you will never get most to agree because most just dont care. I know this is hard to fathom but who has what alt is really none of your business unless you are paying that persons sub. block button is there for a reason. 

I do find it funny you act like most of the game hates alts, look around. just about everyone has them but unlike some here, they dont treat a sex game as real life and could care less. 

are you really comparing the forum to the game? you would be lucky to find 100 who would want his or her alts outed, much less thousands.

Sorry but the vast majority of this is fueled by two or three people who want to treat a game like real life and it just isn't. 

RobT Out!

Hmm, seems like Rob is going back to his old self again, it's a pity, he was good for a while.

But now the vomit is starting to flow in his words again.

If you are going to have a go at someone for comparing what is shown in the forum to the game, you should stop doing that yourself, as you were the 1st to do that in this discussion.

Sorry but you are going back to sounding like a jerk again.

It has nothing to do with treating 3dx like a dating site. I have 2 alts as well. I just don't misuse them to fuck with people. 

Also.. respectfully... you have zero data to back up any of your statistics. if MOST people didn't care about alts then why do MOST people use Pandora?  ;)

Who's most?  Most don't have a clue what it is or what it does only those that have been here a while know what it is and what it does but even then the assumption of how it does things isn't accurate either.

Hmm, seems like Rob is going back to his old self again, it's a pity, he was good for a while.

But now the vomit is starting to flow in his words again.

If you are going to have a go at someone for comparing what is shown in the forum to the game, you should stop doing that yourself, as you were the 1st to do that in this discussion.

Sorry but you are going back to sounding like a jerk again.

Rob is actually speaking the truth the only ones that give a fuck about alts are those who are taking this game far to seriously and due to those who like to mindfuck people.

I personally don't give a fuck who has whatever alts.  I play the game without a fucking care in the world and will continue to do so without breaking the rules.  It's better that way and you enjoy the game more.  I suggest that others give it a true, it's very refreshing.

i was saying that's pretty much Pandora minus the fee they charge.

Pandora doesn't charge a fee unless you want more than 5 free credits a month.

It also provides some useful information that you can get without using a credit, such as the last time a particular avi logged in, whether there is more than one avi on an account, and every version of their profile. 

I had reason to want to know these things when the player I was married to last year suddenly disappeared. I might also add that checking out certain things on Pandora has actually confirmed to me that my judgment has by and large been sound, since I have yet to uncover any real surprises about the people I consider to be my friends. So the idea that Pandora destroys trust is unfounded. Like anything else, the sword cuts both ways and can be used for good or for bad. 

Edited by Sage Stoner

Who's most?  Most don't have a clue what it is or what it does only those that have been here a while know what it is and what it does but even then the assumption of how it does things isn't accurate either.

Ok let me retract that statement and put it a different way. I would guess that most regular users/ social users use Pandora. Most of the people I know do use it. There are also lots of people who play 3dx to watch the sex animations and fill the rooms labeled "Only Fuck No Chat". Those people certainly do not use Pandora. The social people and the people who have much time invested into the community do. I do not care to interact with the "Only Fuck No Chat" people. They do not affect my 3dx experience and i'd like to keep it that way. 

Also it should be noted that no one is suggesting that alts were bad or that alts in general are a problem. The original post was simply an idea that seemed like a happy medium to many issues that have been brought up. Its clear that you don't approve of it and that's fine. You have a right to your opinion but so does everyone else. If I want to use 3dx as a social platform instead of "playing a fuck game" then that's my decision, not yours. I don't expect you or anyone else to understand it, but I will have you know there are many people that also use 3dx in the same manner.  So no... I will not just "play the game without a fucking care in the world", but you are free to do so.  I don't see the harm in trying to find a solution to a known problem. It is a problem, whether or not it has affected you or whether or not you want to recognize it as one. 

Just because a problem does not affect you does not mean there is no problem.