129 replies to this topic

#41 Gerhard

Gerhard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

While I agree that a moderator should be a non-player. It is hard to say that because you have had a bad experience with a player that they would not be good at the task handed to them. I may not like every colleague of mine but I do my job regardless. One has nothing to do with the other.

I've been around lot of different types of forums and best ones have moderators that get paid. Simple as that. You can always appoint some good forum posters, players etc. as moderators but as long as it is just an honorary job, there really is no point. Sure, lot of great players might be great moderators, be unbiased and keep the peace. But problem is that they will also get huge amount of stupid and downright aggressive PM which, since they are doing it for free, will take the wind out of them in few months. Mental toll is just too much.

So, 3dxchat needs to hire a moderator or we could always take the things in the OP to heart and try to moderate ourselfs.

#42 Ashbash

Ashbash

๐ŸŽ€ ย ๐’ฏ๐“Ž๐“…๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ ๐ต๐“‡๐’พ๐“‰ ย ๐ŸŽ€

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

I agree also, the forums do need moderation as most threads I have seen once someone voices their opinion the thread goes from a respectable discussion to a drama thread where everyone argues and its not good to see especially for new comers also.

In my opinion the best action for moderator is indeed to hire someone to moderate the forum and pay them for it monthly or something as I have seen spam and other things over the past weeks that have not been needed.

Also it will put a lot less strain on the developers also so they can focus more on developing content and have the moderators makes announcements for upcoming content etc... :)

#43 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

This is not a matter of having had or not had bad experience with a person, it is more a matter of noting how they handled that experience. Jumping to incorrect conclusions, aggressive behavior and allowing their mood to influence their reaction I feel would not make for a good moderator.

That is your interpretation and it sounds personal, not something that is a determining factor of how someone handles a job assigned to them. You are entitled to your opinion and in any case, I have serious doubts that it will happen. So in keeping with the  intent of the thread, I am going to leave it at that. It is a not about moderation nor who should or should not be moderator. It is about thinking before you speak.

And yes Gerhard, in many other post I have stated, a player should not be a moderator. However, in the post being referred to, it was not suggested that the person moderate but that they be a spokesperson for the game. A liaison between devs and the community. However, instead of just saying that, it was directed at a specific person which is not the point.

Anyways, Shanti that last quote speaks volumes.

• Riela likes this

#44 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

That is your interpretation and it sounds personal, not something that is a determining factor of how someone handles a job assigned to them. You are entitled to your opinion and in any case, I have serious doubts that it will happen. So in keeping with the  intent of the thread, I am going to leave it at that. It is a not about moderation nor who should or should not be moderator. It is about thinking before you speak.

it was not my intent, nor do i think in my 1st comment made sound personal, i simply stated there had been suggestions for different people in here to be made moderators, and some of them I would not agree that they would make good moderators. I am as entitled to say that as anyone who has suggested they would make good moderators through their knowledge of them in the game.

I said that mainly to point out why I felt it would be better to have an independent moderator, someone not in the game.

I am sorry Camden, but you are the one that is making this sound personal.

i mentioned moderators in here as it had already been mentioned several times before in previous comments and thought starting a new thread would be the wrong thing to do as it is already being discussed in here.

#45 Leeloo

Leeloo

Supreme One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in solar system

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

Wow did i read well ? Everyone want moderator now ?

I remember few months ago when few players and I was asking for moderators , 90% of peoples anwsered things like "No way , we dont need , you are A... H... for asking that etc etc ..." and now that a hard discution occured , everyone want some moderators ?

I think we are under an alien invasion . Bring back all our friends lol .

• Kimba and LanaLove like this

#46 Guest_Skar_*

Guest_Skar_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

I think they are talking about forum moderation and not in-game moderation. 

But I might be wrong. 

#47 Leeloo

Leeloo

Supreme One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in solar system

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

i know and forum moderator was asked too at this time :)

and the anwsers was the same .

• Riela and LanaLove like this

#48 Guest_RobT_*

Guest_RobT_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

Sadly this topic is a perfect example of why it might be time. Its went from simply saying think twice before speaking into into a mod debate.  I am convinced a person could make a topic about puppies and blowing bubbles and by the end of it there would be arguing. 

• Chilles, Shanti, chaostika and 1 other like this

#49 Shanti

Shanti

๐”…๐”ฌ๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐‘ฆ ๐”…๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฅ๐”ข

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationASSylum

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

No you are wrong Leeloo.

I remember well those discussions as well, and most people were for forum moderation and against in-game moderation (where from my point of view a working ignore system + working report system is more than enough).

And you can see that in this exact same topic (started last september), that people are stating that forum needs moderation, to what you posted almost the same comment today as you posted in last september.

[Edit : If you keep refering to the discussions that happened, fresh on mods' removal, yes most of the people were against any moderation, because of how somethings were handled, a lot has happened since, and we cannot keep going back to the same place]

And yes the intent of this topic wasn't about moderation, I'd say it applies with or without moderation.

Twisting fingers before writing, like twisting tongues before talking never hurt anyone. (Which I should not forget to do sometimes too :P)

Remember y'all... sometimes, ignorance is a bliss :)

• Venom, Pierrousss and Riela like this

#50 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

editing logbook: startime: 29.04.16 - this below was posted BEFORE the new forumstructure was done and finally we got 4 forum moderators, wherefrom now: only 1 is left with "the "forum job" besides our 2 admins ofc...may the force with him, them and ofc, WITH ALL OF US^^

I didnt want to create a new topic just for what i need to say. It is not exactly the same as what shanti first initially posted but falls under the category of think twice before you post anything.

Spoiler

shout.jpg?id=71768086

sry, i just dont get it, but is it soooooooo hard to find other areas besides 'open forum' and 'user diaries'?!? guess what ppl? we also have areas like:

Read first
Development & Suggestions
Technical Support
Events and Activities
Roleplay
Art & Images
Open Forum

and so on

teen-with-hands-on-head.jpg

i know, this is a forum of a "virtual sexgame" that also offers more and what one makes of it, but i just ask myself sometimes, if some ppl get their brain fuked out so much, that they then enter the forum after, beeeing maybe totally exhaused and dont see all the other forum areas or a search button anymore or have no more energy to use it to search for existing content or posts and then bomb their opinions, ideas and content in 1, in letters o n e, or sometimes barley 2 of the 7 main of just simply 12 easy to find areas that we have in here in this forum!!! biggest battlefield with the most bomb crators

2336.jpg

is the 'open forum' n 'user diaries' and i just wonder if one is to lazy, simply just gives a shit, needs a new pair of glases, or really?!?! really to exhaused after multiple sexadventures with alt char xy in over 2 days or more without sleep!?

m1auz52ahn5e.jpg

if a place needs mods here, then its here in the forum, to move, merge and close topics. its slowly becoming "a mess" here and there, or is startn to look like a smelly dustbin as someone wrote and i wont start to write about the so often mentioned restructuring of the forum by users, adding areas and in my opinion - opening most of the areas only 4 registered users. but all mentioned above, plus the beginning down here with sometimes endless scrolling or even having to use the searchbutton to find KNOWN existing threads, cause the search didnt find anything; beleave me, after 4 pages, starting to look again from page 1-5, 'scrollangel-of-death.com' and already forgetting what one is looking for, sry, but that just turns and pisses one off sometimes to use the forum any further on some days! so go ahead bombing and change nothing, till it looks like the moon, lol

ww2_bomb_craters.jpg

actually this should be in 'THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU WRITE ANYTHING', but it prob will get lost, when we have to bump up that topic again, after getting to see unwanted stuff, that we had in here in the past already. and i actually mean postings! well maybe its the same, maybe not, dont wonna argue about that and plz dont take it personal or feel attacked, that is and was not my intension, but on some days, when i again just see offtopic posts, including offtopic disscussions and game-opinions plus a "hello, im new in forum *wave*" in between of the other answers there, in maybe also offtopic threads and then on top of that: everything togehter in offtopic areas, i just dont even care to answer, shake my head, maybe post a random pic of the internet, maybe a song or what i put in my mouth, no naughty you, not that heheeee, check my messages, send new ones and just quickly, quickly close the forum again...."where is the 'X' to close? ah yes, there...bรครครครคm *headshot*

Headshot_by_maulwurf08.jpg

have a nice day n week and just my 1200 dollars and 2 cents, but i guess its useless mentioning anyway and wasted time, energy, postn and pointless writn this

tika

m4pojwp39jp6.png

• KYUSS likes this

#51 Guest_PerryBarbi_*

Guest_PerryBarbi_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

I love the way this topic, on the main page is only 2 topics above 'Say the first thing that comes into your mind' lol

• chaostika and MarvinAdams like this

#52 pashion

pashion

๐ŸŒธ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“‘๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

I didnt want to create a new topic just for what i need to say. It is not exactly the same as what shanti first initially posted but falls under the category of think twice before you post anything.

BE VERY CAREFUL of what you post in the way of selfies, personal pics, nudies ect... I know some of you state that you do not care however you are leaving yourself wide open to Internet stalkers, creeps, people that have nothing better to do with their lives that want to ruin others, ect. These days thanks to google images and others it is very easy to find the location of a photo if it has been uploaded on the interwebs. Leading to more personal information if it is available.

ok my second thing. POSTING PICS (mostly nudies) that DO NOT belong to you that you claim to be yours!!!! Do you realize how bad this is???? You could really ruin some poor girls life family and or career. Yes im talking to those that do it... Not to mention how stupid you make yourself look. Because sadly there are ppl out there like myself that have nothing better to do and sit here in their pajamas eating icecream, scaning pics to google. 

So in conclusion....

THINK BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING!!

• Shanti, Elric, Camden and 7 others like this

#53 Choua

Choua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

I agree about pics and emails do it if u want to invite trouble that is your business. However speaking my mind on a topic is something I will do regardless even if it goes against the popular consensus. If that offends that's your hang up just accept my opions as I do yours. They may conflict but I refuse to let that get me all emotional.
  • pashion likes this

#54 Lyam

Lyam

ใƒธ Life in every breath ใƒธ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationUS, Florida

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

Food for thought...

5227f57849.jpg

#55 Chilles

Chilles

โ„ฑ๐“ต๐”‚๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ โ„‹๐“ช๐”€๐“ด

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Location๐”Š๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ซ๐‘ฆ

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:01 AM

giphy.gif

school_its_way_more_boring_than_when_you

I will never understand why we get about all here a big discuss ^^

I thought this game is there that all have fun and forget the stress about the real life...

When someone post a picture and I don't like it, I need it not view this!

Or when someone post things and  I don't like it where is the problem talk adult like about this?

• Quest likes this

#56 Shanti

Shanti

๐”…๐”ฌ๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐‘ฆ ๐”…๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฅ๐”ข

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationASSylum

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

Think twice before posting someone's death on this forum.

Too many people fake death and/or serious illness as an excuse to either leave the game or restart with a new avatar. 

They are bored with who they are or with who they are hanging with, so need a big exit story to go out in the spot lights and be pitied !

If you want to leave, just bloody leave or say you need a break, own up to your decision and go for it. If you find delight about doing an act like this, you need serious help.

It's unfair to all the people who care about you in this community or those who might actually be in such real situations !

Freaking disgusting ! For those who do that, you can be ashamed of yourselves, but you probably don't care anyway.

I'm not replying to any death announcements ever.

• Venom, Elric, Extreme and 13 others like this

#57 Staci

Staci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationWouldn't you like to know? USA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

With any communication and conversation, I would hope but know it doesn't always happen, for folks to be respectful and true.  Any chat forum, especially gives people anonymity and opportunity to flame,  be unauthentic with little or no consequence.

Lets use what we have to help each other and the community if you want....but with any good advice such as in this post...think of yourself as priority for your well being and sanity...first..

Protect your sanity and you .....why be buck naked?  Love his gun by the way...

5ad156dccc.jpg

• Shanti, Extreme, Camden and 2 others like this

#58 Cupid

Cupid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

Shit...come on shanti are u telling me that i have to find some morals now? aww man this sucks!!!

• Staci likes this

#59 Macca

Macca

Loner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

Think twice before posting someone's death on this forum.

Too many people fake death and/or serious illness as an excuse to either leave the game or restart with a new avatar. 
They are bored with who they are or with who they are hanging with, so need a big exit story to go out in the spot lights and be pitied !

If you want to leave, just bloody leave or say you need a break, own up to your decision and go for it. If you find delight about doing an act like this, you need serious help.

It's unfair to all the people who care about you in this community or those who might actually be in such real situations !

Freaking disgusting ! For those who do that, you can be ashamed of yourselves, but you probably don't care anyway.

I'm not replying to any death announcements ever.

Agreed.. Personally I think it should be against the rules to post about someones 'death' real or not.. This is not the place for it..

And it will personally save me a lot of personal anguish deciding whether or not to troll the post.. I have resisted so far :P
  • Extreme, Rochi, pashion and 1 other like this

#60 Alexis

Alexis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

I've been teached in schoold not to think

• LanaLove likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users