3DXChat Community

Sex Supposedly Gets Better With Age ???

Bran

I think we all have hangups, particularly when it comes to our bodies. If we're not confident with our bodies, how can we be confident rolling around naked with another naked body? It's why some will only have sex with the lights off or with a shirt on. But interestingly, while our bodies may have been firmer, smaller, or some twisted form of what we thought was better back in our 20s, our sex lives get better as we age.

Burn that into your brains 20-somethings! Old people sex is hot! They don't call it your dirty 30s for nothing. And while we're at it, let's call the next decades the f*&king fabulous 40s and 50s.  :P     A new study gives us proof and explanation of these totally sexy and exciting details on why we shouldn't fear getting older.

Researchers in the US polled over 2,000 men and women and found that sex gets better with age, particularly for men, but also for the ladies. Men are most sexually confident between the ages of 50 and 69 and women reach that peak between 18 and 29. But that's considering the law of averages. It varies, of course, and depends on each person's unique situation. The factors of why sex gets more awesome with age are very telling.

Essentially we worry less as we get older. When we're young we're sometimes so consumed with how we look and keeping up with the other hot, young boddies who look flawless in push-up bras and mesh thongs. The older we get, the more we have a "take me as I am" kind of attitude. Yes, confidence. This goes for both men and women -- just 34 percent of men are worried about gray hair or any of those physical signs of aging, compared to 56 percent of women. Ladies, we need to relax. Men aren't so worried, therefore we shouldn't be either.

The less self-conscious you are when it comes to sex, the more you will enjoy it. And I think I can speak for many women in saying that we get more confident as time ticks by. This also translates into how adventurous we get when it comes to sex. A survey of women over 45 revealed that 89 percent like sexual variety and having sex in many different positions and places, including the garden. Sexy! And perhaps best of all is that older women are more likely than younger women to reach orgasm, not just once but multiple times. Now that's something every 20-year-old can look forward to when pondering her 40s.

What also plays a role here is the ability to trust. When we're young, trust is sometimes hard to earn. With age comes knowledge and long-term relationships, so trust grows, allowing some to really let their guard down and let go, opening the door to the best sex ever. For many women, sex is just as much about the mind as it is about the body, particularly when it comes to reaching orgasm. Sensuality -- isn't that the best word ever? Older women have that. We also don't have as many hangups and we're not afraid to ask for what we want between the sheets. And if you don't already know or ask for what you want, it's time to find out. There are multiple orgasms waiting to be had.

Top 5 Reasons Sex Can Get Better With Age

1. Greater Sexual Experience & Expertise
By the time most people reach midlife, they know what turns them on and how to please their partner.

2. Experimentation & Exploration
Liberated from youthful sexual insecurities, midlife lovers can take their sex lives to new heights through various feel-good explorations.

3. Accepting Change Brings You Closer Together
By accepting that your sexual functioning (or your partner's) is changing at this time of life, you can start adapting your mind and body so that your sex life stays fresh.

4. Romantic, Arousing Environments
Research conducted by Dr. McIlvenna and others has found that the physical setting of intimate encounters becomes more important to our sexual fulfillment as we age.

5. More Time & Opportunity
Remember the Rolling Stones song "Time Is On My Side"? Well, with sexual matters, it's often true that you have more free time now than you did in your hectic twenties or thirties.

What do you think? Does sex get better with age? Why do you think it does? :unsure::rolleyes::wub:

Like a fine bottle of wine, I truly believe that we become better, more robust and wiser as we age. Experience almost always trumps enthusiasm, and intimacy is no different. Through experience, older adults develop a more complete sexual road map than their younger counterparts. As we age, we acquire a greater understanding of our own bodies, our partners' bodies and what buttons to push to please them both.

Last week I was out to dinner when an older couple caught my eye. It was clear to me that both the man and the woman, who were probably in their 70s, dressed up for the occasion. They held hands across the table, toasted each other with red wine and exchanged knowing glances and smiles all night. These two are exemplary of so many older couples that share an intimacy younger couples cannot experience. I just thought they were beautiful and cute, and had me smile just by watching them..

Who doesn't want to be the older couple that still flirts publicly? Remember, the only person who keeps u from being sexy is u. Harness that sexiness and find a way to explore it and share it with ur partner. Be the couple u have always aspired to be.

It's time to celebrate the many ways that sex gets better as we age!

1.  An empty house means that u'll finally have the time and freedom to have spontaneous sex -- just make sure u keep those blinds closed!
  2. As we age, we tend to grow less inhibited and gain a new acceptance and appreciation for our bodies, especially women. In our 20s and 30s, there tends to be a strict standard of beauty that we hold ourselves to, but after giving birth or being with a partner for many years, it's easier to redefine individualistic beauty. This new confidence provides women with the freedom to unleash their wild side in the bedroom and have the confidence to ask for what they want.
  3. Some people find that it actually becomes easier to communicate about unresolved performance issues as we get older. There is a direct correlation between sexual issues, such as low libido and erectile dysfunction, and age. When people feel like their problems are less like an individual failing and more like the body's natural progression, it's easier to discuss it.
  4. In a long-term committed relationship, trust has been built up for years, so individuals, especially women, experience a higher level of emotional and physical closeness, which contributes to more satisfying sex. In fact, according to a recent study targeting females from researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine and the Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, 61 percent of sexually active older women said they are satisfied with their sex lives and reported high frequency of arousal and orgasm compared to their younger counterparts.
  5. Post-menopause u no longer have to worry about getting pregnant, which opens the door to more spontaneous and less stressful romps. Additionally, some women link birth control to lower levels of desire and decreased libido. 
  6. An additional bonus to having the kids out of the house is that u'll hopefully have the ability to slow life down a bit and sleep more than five hours a night. Use the time to charge ur batteries; u'll be ready to go whenever an intimate occasion arises. Moreover, u'll also have the time and energy to focus on having fun as an individual and as a couple. It's a time to discover new activities that u both enjoy doing together, in and out of the bedroom.
  7. If u're still working, and lucky enough to have reached a point in ur career where u have financial stability, that may mean less stress and more disposable income to spend on romantic dinners, vacations and sassy lingerie. Create a romantic bucket list with ur partner; experiencing new activities together will help to create and reinvigorate ur bond.

Anyone who tells u that ur sex life will come to an end when u reach 50 is seriously mistaken. Just remember: Sexiness is timeless. Make a decision each day to get in touch with ur sensual side and bring that excitement to ur relationship in order to achieve a more fulfilling sexual life and relationship at every age.

...And with this i just made myself sound li

ke 60 something .. ty Bran :P 

• 1 year later...

You can have great experiences without age being a factor....if the other person is willing and able....

Community has folks from diverse backgrounds from gender, sexual identity and demographics.

An old bull and a young bull stand on a hillside, overlooking a pasture. The young bull says to the old bull, “Hey, let’s run down and fuck one of those heifers.” The old bull replies, “let’s walk down and fuck ‘em all.”

I was just about to post this myself. Thanks a lot.