3DXChat Community

SO GIZMO U WONT BAN ROOM STEALERS

Aliviax

I saw two of my friends get room stolen by a guy called masked guy and ( i know who is behind this avi )  and shared on forum their build. I see also white palace open late at night by others. I know someone without any skills for build like Pierrouss steal rooms of others and give them away, ( reasons WBP is open late by others  and these others got their rooms stolen by him)

Because of this shit, i going to be in retirement in 3dx soon and i stopped to build. and been active for a moment.  My last build were Tomb of Bastet

Someone as Gizmo maybe don't know i get a lot of pm, request for build rooms, or somes support mesages to keep doing my work to make 3dx with wonderful rooms designs. 

If devs no fix about this, there are no chance for all communauty to see me build something new again and i going to move in another game

There are a lot of good builders try to give a better level of design in 3dx but most of builds are no safe anymore.

my works : 

At last i remember these words :, any build is for communauty 

Game is not secure, I have no reason to stay anymore in DX, June going to be my last month gameplay. After all, this is a sex game not a build game.

Good builders should move on and let these hackers steal empty rooms each others

Game is not secureI have no reason to stay anymore in 3DX, June going to be my last month gameplay. 

The underline part is the most concerning.

Ive not had any rooms stolen as Ive given them all away so I dont have any stake in that issue, but it is really bad form on the part of the people doing it.

I do have an issue with how loose and open the server is, and files/info being able to be hacked at will. 

In reading the terms of conditions of 3dx, it would seem some of the provisions are out of date. It is clearly stated that all characters and character names are the property of 3dx and it also states that all artwork from the game is also owned by Sex Devil Games. Room designs could perhaps be considered artwork, however it is not clearly defined as of now. This needs to changed appropriately.

The EULA also states that any actions involving hacking into the game in any way shape or form is against the Terms and Conditions. I would have to believe stealing room designs would be included in these terms.

However, it was clearly stated in an earlier thread topic by the games administrators that there is really nothing that can be done or nothing that will be done in regards to this issue.

Because of this, this may not be a topic worthy of debating any further. Truth

My little feedback about world editor:

World Editor is a very interesting and good feature on my opinion and I want to say thanks to every true creator for amazing work.

I want to say thanks to devs for their work too, I hope it will be done because every robber is the real shit.

I saw two of my friends get room stolen by a guy called masked guy and ( i know who is behind this avi )  and shared on forum their build. I see also white palace open late at night by others. I know someone without any skills for build like Pierrouss steal rooms of others and give them away, ( reasons WBP is open late by others  and these others got their rooms stolen by him)

Because of this shit, i going to be in retirement in 3dx soon and i stopped to build. and been active for a moment.  My last build were Tomb of Bastet

thats my special gift for all the bullshit you said here , dude :) and its free, you LOVE me so much, gay dude, that you screenshoted me to save this beautiful moment ^^  i let you lick my cum on your ugly carpet now , dude, dont be so jealous cause you cant build nice rooms, just get some trraining ^^ and enjoy... HATER  <3

Report him for insult, he gets a ban for it...he already had one for insulting 

and the worst jealous fuckdog talked again lol...  you are really a little "caniche" like we say here, looser :) you allready spend allllll your free time to get me banned, some of your friends told me haha, what a nice hobbie,

and do you jerk off alone in your bed thinking about me too ? you homosexual lol poor looser. go to suck the tiny shrimp of your dude alivia and stop barking robi the dog  xD

ok since Gizmo allows 3d party software n with those software they steal our rooms 

im here to ask ppl here if they know any software that might help protect our rooms or damage the stealers so we protect our selfs .(just trying to think of any good ideas )

think about it Gizmo is ok with 3d party softwares  :)

Aliviax, I agree with your outrage about people stealing but it is a fact of life that cannot be avoided.

Although people may have hacked a DLL to allow them to steal more easily it is not necessary to do any hacking of 3DXChat code in order to download someone's room.  The room data is not protected data, you just need to know how to send a request to download it from the server.

3DXChat is built on Unity and as such there are great limitations to what the devs could reasonably do to protect the rooms or prevent hacked versions from connecting.  What those limitations are I could not say as I have no familiarity with Unity but essentially the framework for how the game communicates would be within the Unity code which (correct me if I am wrong anyone) means a huge portion of the more critical bits of the code are not under the control of the 3DXChat devs.  Any effort to work around those built in limitations would be substantial and create a lot of possible problems and security issues.  To put it simply, you are asking for things that may not be possible withing the current framework of the game and would likely be very time consuming and expensive to try to work around.

Second, creating software that would do harm to someone's computer or data is illegal in most parts of the world and far more difficult to try to implement in someone elses application.   Imagine how that could be abused by the same people that steal from you now.  You create a tool like that and it will be abused by more people than would use it for it's intended purpose.   Think also about how that person you target because they stole from you might be using a computer that does not belong to them and how an innocent person might suffer.

I despise thieves but the rooms are stored and transmitted in an unsecured fashion which makes them by law public property.  Until Unity makes changes in their code that is not likely to change.

As for banning people that use hacked code, how would you even be able to tell?  There are ways in an application to have it evaluate itself for any modifications and ways to look for known behavior of modified code but it is time consuming to write code to do that sort of thing and very easy for the hackers to modify the software to make it undetectable again.  It would be a war that would stop any progress on game development just to make a few people happy while the majority would be made unhappy.

It sucks that people steal other peoples work but there is no reasonable way to stop it at this time.   As someone else pointed out earlier, I believe it was RobT but I don't want to scan back to find it.   Trying to decide who the creator of a room was and who was the thief is difficult at best and impossible at worst.   I often show my builds to people while I am still working on them but your room never has to be made available to anyone other than yourself for it to be stolen and if they open it up and claim it first then they can have you banned saying you stole from them.

Yes there are ways to work around those problems but it involves a lot of work and continuous effort.   Like someone downloading every room version ever made by anyone and keeping it on file to compare against any room someone claims to have been stolen.   It just is not a reasonable way to do things.

Why do you suppose the devs stay so quiet on most things?  Because the things people complain about or make demands on are just not within their ability to control or are not good uses of their time considering the current development of the game and other plans.   If they responded to complaints they would get the same arguments over and over and end up trying to explain technical details that are beyond most peoples ability to understand without significant programming background and if they did explain in detail why some things cannot be done they might give away information on the system that should not be exposed.

Arguing on this topic will not gain you anything, it will only serve to keep the anger alive within you.  I wish that were not true, I would love to see our work protected.  I would love to see the guilty be punished.  In the real world though punishing the guilty is terribly difficult and expensive and many innocent people are punished along the way.   

The best you can do is to have friends on the game that you share your room with that can verify it is yours if someone happens to steal it and claim it as their own.  Then all you can do is let it be known and hope that people will avoid that person because of their behavior.  Beyond that you have no control.

Creations CAN be protected. Sexy Devil just chooses not too.

This isn't a value judgment that things are being done wrong. It is a simple statement of fact..

It CAN be done but they don't want that hassle, or don't have the time or desire. They would need to hire staff to investigate abuse and theft. I doubt the Devs have the time for that added burden. They can barely keep up as it is.

I don't see that happening in the near future -  but who knows.

That is nonsense.

It is no more copying, than "copying the Mona Lisa" is  and and calling it your own.  

Created art is no more the property of of anyone but the artist, than the paint maker who makes the paint the artists creates with or the canvas maker the artist paints on.

According to United States Copyright Law, and quoting from the copyright.gov website, your art is considered copyright protected from "the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device."

DMCA take down notices are filed all the time and successful.

and the worst jealous fuckdog talked again lol... you are really a little "caniche" like we say here, looser :) you allready spend allllll your free time to get me banned, some of your friends told me haha, what a nice hobbie,

and do you jerk off alone in your bed thinking about me too ? you homosexual lol poor looser. go to suck the tiny shrimp of your dude alivia and stop barking robi the dog xD

Hi, I am sure you guys have your rights to be so negative against each others, but could you just PM between yourself about it? Or in game?

I mean of course people in forum tend sometimes to mix personal feelings with the topic during the discussion, but this is a bit going out of the topic anyway. It starts a series of replies which people don't care honestly.

You build, she builds? You think you're better and she thinks not? Etc etc... and at the end what's the point in telling us this "story"?

And I am not on the side of anyone since i don't know (and i don't want to know) the "story" since the beginning. So don't get me wrong here.

A big kiss

Nion

Creations CAN be protected. Sexy Devil just chooses not too.

This isn't a value judgment that things are being done wrong. It is a simple statement of fact..

It CAN be done but they don't want that hassle, or don't have the time or desire. They would need to hire staff to investigate abuse and theft. I doubt the Devs have the time for that added burden. They can barely keep up as it is.

I don't see that happening in the near future -  but who knows

Well it seems that stealing items, rooms, creations is a sport in other games: Second life is a good example. (copybots, etc). From the moment ; a creation is online there is no way to protect it. 

Well it seems that stealing items, rooms, creations is a sport in other games: Second life is a good example. (copybots, etc). From the moment ; a creation is online there is no way to protect it. 

I am not familiar with SL, but I know many there and how to proceed if your work has been stolen.

All someone has to do is file a DMCA and provide proof and let the powers that be investigate.

It is like this in most of the big worlds automatically and most have a mechanism in place already.

There is so much theft in the big money making worlds the investigators are always busy.

That is nonsense.

It is no more copying, than "copying the Mona Lisa" is  and and calling it your own.  

Created art is no more the property of of anyone but the artist, than the paint maker who makes the paint the artists creates with or the canvas maker the artist paints on.

According to United States Copyright Law, and quoting from the copyright.gov website, your art is considered copyright protected from "the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device."

DMCA take down notices are filed all the time and successful.

They don't have a DMCA protocol on here.  You used the tools provided by this game, you didn't pay for them, nor did you use other software that made something this game does not offer, you used what it does.  While you thought of the design and did it, there is nothing on this game that protects you.  If you want to say that DMCA will protect you in this game, they'll go back to giving us rooms they bought and not allow us to have anything more than what they give.

I am not familiar with SL, but I know many there and how to proceed if your work has been stolen.

All someone has to do is file a DMCA and provide proof and let the powers that be investigate.

It is like this in most of the big worlds automatically and most have a mechanism in place already.

There is so much theft in the big money making worlds the investigators are always busy.

I am along with IMVU and suck that allow you to file a DMCA claim where this game does not have that in place.  Contacting the DMCA office will do you no good because you don't create it outside the game and upload it, you can make changes but it's what the game provides you that you are able to do what you do.

Second life gave creators ownership over what they created a few years ago so that is why you have that issue.

As far as 3dx goes, try to file a DMCA for a room you dont actually own. Its a simple matter, it states very clearly in the eula you own nothing. Gizmo also stated if you dont want things copied, dont make them in his game. This was before the world editor came out. If you chose not to listen, thats on you and you alone.

That's exactly it, we can be pissed off all we like but the fact of the matter is don't want it stolen from you don't open it to anyone you can't really trust or at all.

With SecondLife, IMVU and such you're uploading meshes you've created or purchased with rights to use them, making the textures/graphics to use on meshes that you've made, bought or are deriving from.  You have to remember, you may have created the room using World Editor and thought about the design but you used all the tools provided within the game to make the room as you can't add something from outside the game to it only what we're given in the game.  That's where the DMCA office will tell you that it would be hard to file a claim with them as you don't own anything that you build the room with other than the thought in your head, taking the time to make the room from what you're given and understand that's all that will be said and that there is nothing they can do.

dear Gizmo u said since our rooms are public n in the server nothing can be done n u wont ban those that use 3d party  software hacking n stealing cause our rooms are public ...ok i understand that 

but how about ban those that use those 3d party hacking softwares huh how about u do that isnt against the tos 

those softwares isnt simply a dll to change colors in clothes they are hacking tools . so how about u ban those users.

if u dont take any action u let things escalate there is already a war  n ppl steal ach other and i refuse to take part in this stupid stuff.

so are u gonna do anything to ban those users that use 3d party hacking softwares  that its against tos .

or u will force us builders to protect our selfs from ur in action to i dont know maybe hide scripts in our room files ....so if someone steal our room maybe damage his computer ... just throw ideas here 

or imagine i start stream in plextorm n go in a room that there is drama cause its a stolen room .

so Gizmo choose what u want  decent players or stealers  ots ur game n i would advice u to ban the users of those 3d party hacking software its ur loophole to ur statement our room is public 

Wow. I am just so amazed. I have been away from the game for a longer time, just came back seeing all the changes and the amazing rooms made. But I can't help to notice that members of 3DX fail to understand a lot of things.

Please do read the TOS. You do not whatsoever have right to any intellectual property made on this platform. 3DX has all the rights of everything being created. Developers made it possible for those that wish to express their artistic side to do so but no one ever said anything about that your time and skills would be in anyway rewarded to you by the company, other than the appreciation of the members that decide to visit your room. If you want to "own" the IP rights to your creation, there are several other worlds, Second Life, Sansar, etc that protects your work completely and you have lawful right to everything you create.

Not here. 3DX is a sex game and platform offering you to experience your sexual fantasies, it is not however a building platform. Letting you do that is merely a courtesy of the developers to give you more options to have fun.

In short. Your room design cannot be stolen from you, because it has never been yours.

well actually people are stating incorrectly that they own something when they dont. A simple trip to read the thing you agreed to before you started playing might be helpful for some. 

I am not for people having rooms taken, I think its trashy but the fact remains It is not yours. you dont own it.

read again, it is a feedback. creators want to have a rights on stuff that they create. and it will always happen here. 

Not gonna happen. As I said above in more details, Your room design cannot be stolen from you because it has never been yours. Feedback or not, members should realise that since there is no economy in 3DX - and to have one that requires a huge legal and tech work, security, etc - there will not be any intellectual right to any members. Everything within 3DX is and always will be owned by the company that owns 3DX.

Feedback is a feedback. It happened and will happens again and again. Creators want a right to own what they created and here is their feedback. Is it hard to understand? Simple and logic thing. Devs made this game for us, we made this game alive. So, feedback is always good to understand what we want and what we want to play. I will agree that there is no economy if devs will destroy all xGold part. But today you can promote your room by xGold. Today this game about sex, rooms and party . And those interesting rooms make this game alive at big part.