3DXChat Community

SO GIZMO U WONT BAN ROOM STEALERS

Aliviax

There's also things in the eula that says it's against the rules to hack the software and use it in ways for which it was not intended.

That's the choice of the game owners to enforce the rules or not.  I'm not going to repeat what Gizmo as that's been done many times already.

That's the choice of the game owners to enforce the rules or not.  I'm not going to repeat what Gizmo as that's been done many times already.

Hence why we are having this discussion and why some are upset about it.

CLOSING IN ON 300 POSTS..... AND WHAT HAS BEEN SOLVED EXCEPT FRIENDSHIPS ENDED, RESPECT LOST AND PEOPLE PISSED? IS THAT TRULY WHAT YOU WANTED TO HAPPEN 298 POSTS AGO? NOTHING BUT ANIMOSITY AND ANGER????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0TMkw-stiA

Well there's always that regardless but we do have a thread for room owners to post their room images. And it's only been mocked by 1 person so far. So that's something :)

Excuse me, but these discussions are far away from the topic (which I know gizmo it seems not reading at all anymore).

Anyway could you just stop to argue/troll/whatever-call-it and keep that via PM in world or PM in here or using the "old email" or whatever way you prefer?

I personally read this forum in order to see if i find some reply from the devs or some useful informations about the topic.

Thanks

Nion

I wonder if everything made in photoshop and blendr are also stripped of all ownership of things they create with those softwares :)  You purchase a license when you buy that software.  You can contact those companies and they'll tell you what you create with the software is something you have all right to not them.

People here seem to very confused how intellectual ownership works.  Here we pay for access to the game, we don't pay we can't access it, period.  We sign over all those rights the minute we accept the EULA and enter into the game.

I'm wondering where you are getting the idea that all rights are given up?  The EULA states who and the limits of the companies rights.: 

Read the first line. The company's products are the property of the company AND  its licensor (s) and subject to......

Those are dual rights and limited.

3. OWNERSHIP. The Company’s Products are the property of the Company and its licensor(s), and subject to applicable patent, copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights. The Company retains all right, title, and interest to this software, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, computer codes, audiovisual effects, themes, characters, character names, stories, dialog, settings, artwork, sounds effects, musical works, and moral rights. The Software is protected by United States copyright law and applicable copyright laws and treaties throughout the world. All rights are reserved. Be advised that Copyright violations in the US are subject to penalties of up to $100,000 per violation. The Product is for use only under the terms of this Agreement, and the Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to the User. 

I wonder if everything made in photoshop and blendr are also stripped of all ownership of things they create with those softwares :)  You purchase a license when you buy that software.  You can contact those companies and they'll tell you what you create with the software is something you have all right to not them.

People here seem to very confused how intellectual ownership works.  Here we pay for access to the game, we don't pay we can't access it, period.  We sign over all those rights the minute we accept the EULA and enter into the game.

I'm wondering where you are getting the idea that all rights are given up?  The EULA states who and the limits of the companies rights.:   I'd say I read it as clear as can be and so did my lawyer way back when people brought up the issue.

Read the first line. The company's products are the property of the company AND  its licensor (s) and subject to...... Does not say Licensee or did I miss that?

3. OWNERSHIP. The Company’s Products are the property of the Company and its licensor(s), and subject to applicable patent, copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights. The Company retains all right, title, and interest to this software, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, computer codes, audiovisual effects, themes, characters, character names, stories, dialog, settings, artwork, sounds effects, musical works, and moral rights. The Software is protected by United States copyright law and applicable copyright laws and treaties throughout the world. All rights are reserved. Be advised that Copyright violations in the US are subject to penalties of up to $100,000 per violation. The Product is for use only under the terms of this Agreement, and the Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to the User. 

I put in bold the last line which is clearly stating we have no rights they, the Company does.  Where does it express our rights to Ownership of anything within the game, it doesn't.  We can't pick and choose parts of it, it's a whole and must be looked at that way.

I'm wondering where you are getting the idea that all rights are given up?  The EULA states who and the limits of the companies rights.:   I'd say I read it as clear as can be and so did my lawyer way back when people brought up the issue.

Read the first line. The company's products are the property of the company AND  its licensor (s) and subject to...... Does not say Licensee or did I miss that?

I put in bold the last line which is clearly stating we have no rights they, the Company does.  Where does it express our rights to Ownership of anything within the game, it doesn't.  We can't pick and choose parts of it, it's a whole and must be looked at that way.

It is clearly spelled out who the parties are in the first line and the limitations, before it goes into the rights of the company's software from infringment beyond that.

No rights have been given up. The first line acknowledges the duel rights.

Excuse me, but these discussions are far away from the topic (which I know gizmo it seems not reading at all anymore).

Anyway could you just stop to argue/troll/whatever-call-it and keep that via PM in world or PM in here or using the "old email" or whatever way you prefer?

I personally read this forum in order to see if i find some reply from the devs or some useful informations about the topic.

Thanks

Nion

You can go to gizmos profile and on the left you can click "posts" to see exactly when and what he posted.

I love the thought of somebody calling a lawyer and being like "Yah I want to prosecute RobT for stealing my room in 3dx.....it's an online sex game......do I know his name? ummmm? address? er no................ How much do I sell the room for? Um I don't. How much is it worth? Uhhhh no value"

And after all that you are awarded like £10.

Thank you for the debate on copyright. It was hilarious.

Why we call those people who specially copy rooms from another creators as a robbers or stealers. If someone, without ask takes something what was created by you, it`s always will be viewed as a robbery. It`s human nature and logic.

To steal means to take (the property of another or others) without permission, especially secretly or by force. So, to say that someone can get something yours, dont use WE, etc., is not working today.

And looks like devs don`t want to ban room stealers today. That made our creators sad.

I wasn`t involved exactly in copyright debate. I just know how it happening in other games. If you will create something by in game editor and someone will get it without your permission(means by 3rd party program), its prohibited and person will be banned. The same with content created by players in the programs like a 3ds max, blender and so on. Why don`t we get the same respectful feature? 

Why we call those people who specially copy rooms from another creators as a robbers or stealers. If someone, without ask takes something what was created by you, it`s always will be viewed as a robbery. It`s human nature and logic.

To steal means to take (the property of another or others) without permission, especially secretly or by force. So, to say that someone can get something yours, dont use WE, etc., is not working today.

And looks like devs don`t want to ban room stealers today. That made our creators sad.

I wasn`t involved exactly in copyright debate. I just know how it happening in other games. If you will create something by in game editor and someone will get it without your permission(means by 3rd party program), its prohibited and person will be banned. The same with content created by players in the programs like a 3ds max, blender and so on. Why don`t we get the same respectful feature? 

"They" will explain you soon it's not robbery... again... On first view you might think wtf why? On second view you know they just do it to troll ^^

And so the story repeats itself...a never ending story

It is clearly spelled out who the parties are in the first line and the limitations, before it goes into the rights of the company's software from infringment beyond that.  The Company and it's Licensor(s), it is not and I repeat not the Licensee(s)/Users of the game.

No rights have been given up. The first line acknowledges the duel rights. The last sentence explains that very clearly that we the Users don't have any of the rights.  Where does it show that we can file a DMCA against another user, the form that must be filled out to file a DMCA and what email address does it go to or physical address.

I added more and a break down.

3. OWNERSHIP. The Company’s Products are the property of the Company and its licensor(s),  This  means that the company and it's owners are the ones that must follow and are subjected to the following:

and subject to applicable patent, copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights.

The Company retains all right, title, and interest to this software, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, computer codes, audiovisual effects, themes, characters, character names, stories, dialog, settings, artwork, sounds effects, musical works, and moral rights. The Software is protected by United States copyright law and applicable copyright laws and treaties throughout the world. All rights are reserved. Be advised that Copyright violations in the US are subject to penalties of up to $100,000 per violation. The Product is for use only under the terms of this Agreement, and the Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to the User. 

You create a room on here using their provided textures, you take that room to another game that uses the same World Editor and file format, and upload it there with all of the textures from this game, The Company paid for what is in this game no matter what we build with it, it belongs to them.

While it's a shitty move to steal  copy rooms, all we can do is bitch and complain and hope that there will be something done in the future.l

Edited by Mar Mohan

You create a room on here using their provided textures, you take that room to another game that uses the same World Editor and file format, and upload it there with all of the textures from this game, The Company paid for what is in this game no matter what we build with it, it belongs to them.

While it's a shitty move to steal rooms, all we can do is bitch and complain and hope that there will be something done in the future.l

I don't see much sense in continuing this circular logic.  We have a license.

1.5."Access rights," shall mean the combination of unique username and password that is used to access a site. An access rights is a license to use a Site for a period of time that is specified.

3. OWNERSHIP. The Company’s Products are the property of the Company and its licensor(s), and subject to applicable patent, copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights.

Again, a simple example is Coca Cola. Should an authorized rep use Coca Cola in the creation of rooms and someone takes it without their consent and reproduces it... there would be a DMCA filed very quickly against the party who took it.  Coke has the resources to defend their content vigorously.

Perhaps it is best to agree to disagree.

I love the thought of somebody calling a lawyer and being like "Yah I want to prosecute RobT for stealing my room in 3dx.....it's an online sex game......do I know his name? ummmm? address? er no................ How much do I sell the room for? Um I don't. How much is it worth? Uhhhh no value"

And after all that you are awarded like £10.

Thank you for the debate on copyright. It was hilarious.

So I guess the same could be said about a music track that only costs $1 right?

How something is made or its perceived value isn't really the issue. It's just wrong to copy something that someone else created in any medium.

But some will find it hilarious. Not much we can do about that.

I don't see much sense in continuing this circular logic.  We have a license.  We have permission to use this game and that's it not a licensee but as a user.

1.5."Access rights," shall mean the combination of unique username and password that is used to access a site. An access rights is a license to use a Site for a period of time that is specified.  Access Rights are not a license.  We're not purchasing the software or any part only access to what the game offers.

3. OWNERSHIP. The Company’s Products are the property of the Company and its licensor(s), and subject to applicable patent, copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights.

Again, a simple example is Coca Cola. Should an authorized rep use Coca Cola in the creation of rooms and someone takes it without their consent and reproduces it... there would be a DMCA filed very quickly against the party who took it.  Coke has the resources to defend their content vigorously.  Again, we don't have any rights to file a DMCA, there is nothing listed on the EULA, Terms & Conditions, Rules may have you that says we can.

Perhaps it is best to agree to disagree. It's best to drop it now.  Agreeing that copying rooms is a shitty move and hope they do something to help prevent it.

I think that was the original motivation for this thread. 

I agree with that.  While it's shitty the devs are the only ones to do something about it.

If eet was possible to use anothers AV and Name bah thieving eet ( oops soopa soz, ah keep using that false term.....soweeee ah means "Borrow") would any of us be ok with that's?

We don't own tha AV and we don't own tha Name so if we could all D/L each others and go use them how we wanted ah guess eets ok....isn't eet? 

Rooms, AV's, Names etc 3DX owns them all so eets open season WoooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :P

system wont let you steal the exact name but if you could, im sure they would. Someone copied that one girls name and entire profile. I think its still active.

Ah guess she could call Judge Judy on that their predicameeeent! :P

All im sayin is we own nothing here so a Room, an AV a Name, wot do tha Devs care right! 

“Two things fill the mind with renewed and increasing awe and reverence the more often and the more steadily that they are meditated on: the starry skies above me and the moral law inside me. I have not to search for them and conjecture them as though they were veiled in darkness or were in the transcendent region beyond my horizon; I see them before me and connect them directly with the consciousness of my existence”

- Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason.  Meep Meep :P

read again then if didnt understand.

Okay so there must be some kind of loss so we can call it stealing instead of copying, right? 

Sure, the room is just copied... the builder and the questionable person have both the room file after it.

So whats gets lost? If you copy an mp3 file (which isn't really legal btw) you copy a product intended for sale.

If you copy a 3dx room you make the room less unique.... less remarkable.

Instead of the builder somebody else whose only achievement was to obtain a file by questionable methods receives the recognition.

So sorry to tell you, there is a loss and its not the room file. 

To download a room file from somebody has really nothing in common with a downloaded mp3 file.

So to all the trolls here, who can't put two blocks together without any gaps, stop playing down the whole thing.

One could almost think you're backing these individuals.

It is the right of every builder to despise this behavior and to ensure that nobody enjoys the unauthorized copied rooms. 

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.

In all cases I've been hearing about stealed copied rooms here the INTENT was not to have also a cool room, no... the intent was to anger the builder. Either through opening the room in front of his or her eyes or to distribute the file to as many others as possible. So let's call a spade a spade: HARASSMENT !!!