3DXChat Community

World Editor Saving

R.I.P

So I did a lot of work on my world yesterday, made a lot of good progress. It took a lot of time and effort(and therefore money), and I remember saving it before I exited the game, as I always do because whatever kind of in-game auto save you guys have doesn't work well at all. I've had instances where I was in build mode and I wanted to check if something I made worked properly so I traveled to my world and lost a bunch of the changes I had made. As annoying as that is its okay there are plenty of games out there you have to save manually. But today I went to continue from the point I left off, so I loaded my world up (of course it was from a previous point than I'd left it) so I select "load from file" but it didn't load ANY of the process that took hours out of my day yesterday. That's ridiculous. I saved twice too most likely because I remember consciously thinking "I don't remember if I just saved or not let me just save it again just in case". It's one thing if your in game saving doesn't work but for my desktop save to not have been affected at all after clicking save twice is just horrible.

Please do something to fix this issue its very stressful

Very strange this. Never before heard of this issue.

Be sure to give saving your work on your Harddisk enough time, especially if you have little RAM (<8GB),

and also be sure to change to normal game mode from editor mode before you leave the game completely.

Maybe this helps, but anyway this is not a commonly known bug (there are lots ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a lot of work on my world yesterday, made a lot of good progress. It took a lot of time and effort(and therefore money), and I remember saving it before I exited the game, as I always do because whatever kind of in-game auto save you guys have doesn't work well at all. I've had instances where I was in build mode and I wanted to check if something I made worked properly so I traveled to my world and lost a bunch of the changes I had made. As annoying as that is its okay there are plenty of games out there you have to save manually. But today I went to continue from the point I left off, so I loaded my world up (of course it was from a previous point than I'd left it) so I select "load from file" but it didn't load ANY of the process that took hours out of my day yesterday. That's ridiculous. I saved twice too most likely because I remember consciously thinking "I don't remember if I just saved or not let me just save it again just in case". It's one thing if your in game saving doesn't work but for my desktop save to not have been affected at all after clicking save twice is just horrible.

Please do something to fix this issue its very stressful

I am having the same problem.

• 1 month later...

having similar problem, save file and save selected to file was working fine, (I had made a separate folder for saving), then I removed and reinstalled software due to connection probs, now I cant save the room file or save selected to file

• 7 months later...

Okay so since upgrading to a much better PC I haven't had that issue and I've been able to do a lot of work (I think NiceKati's comment about having little RAM and not giving it enough time to save was pretty accurate). Thanks for your input guys.

New issue however and I think I might know what it is just kind of hoping it's not cause that would most likely mean I have to cease production on my world that I've put so much effort into. So anyways my room has gotten very large at this point (not by accident I wanted a large world for myself) the file size is 4.51MB and I'm afraid that's the problem. 

So what's happening is when I'm done building I save my room to a folder on my desktop and then enter my room to save it to the 3dx server but when it loads it doesn't load a single thing from my room, there's literally just nothing but ocean and while the load I saved to my desktop has no issues and I can find some relief in the fact that I didn't just lose hours of work, I'd also like to be able to load in to my world and make use of it, which has never been an issue before, at least not like this. 

Anyone know what's going on? Fingers crossed hoping it's just a bug/glitch...

I cleared my props then loaded a room. The room loaded AOK, but when I went to play the room was gone. Both of them. The file would not stay loaded and now I have no room at all.

It is possible that the Server has run out of storage space for loads which could be the reason no one can load rooms after making changes in the World Edit. However, do not be discouraged. You can still edit and save progress to your computer and it will be safe. The only thing we can't do at this given time is that we can't load those files onto 3dx since they will be reverted back to the point before you made any adjustments or changes to your room.