3DXChat Community

Forum layout and can we split Open Forums?

Riela

Dear Devs, Mods *laughs* and the community.

TL:DR at bottom

There is something that's been bothering me for while and that's layout of this forums.

Specifically Open Forums. Now let me explain bit.

We have subforums dedicated to 3DX chat - these are:

• Read First
  • Announcements
  • Development & Suggestion
  • Technical Support
  • Events and Activities
  • User Diaries

And then last 3 subforums are kinda off topic. these are:

• Art & Images
  • Open Forums
  • Other Adult Games & Movies

So dummy Riela what's wrong with this?

Well, problem in my mind are subforums dedicated to 3DX chat. Only place were to leave feedback is Development & Suggestion.

Which is also locked forum, most likely to prevent spam. So people are forced to post most feedback or discussions related to 3DX Chat into Open Forum.

The problem about Open Forum is also something that other forums would call "Off Topic" and it does mix useful information with general fun or spam topics,

which results in informative topics slipping to the page 15000 while 1 word games take their place at the top.

Example of 3DX related topics -

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/579-upcoming-updates/                                                                  - Upcoming Updates by D1

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/658-list-of-visual-bugs-that-need-fixing/                                       - List of Current Visual Bugs by me B):wub:

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/456-why-multiple-avatars-per-account/                                        - Multiple avatars per account by Jola

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/577-dxmoan-sound-effect-addon-for-3dxchat/                            - Sound pack - Wizard

etc.

Example of random topics - fun topics, off topics or spam ones -

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/138-say-the-first-thing-which-comes-to-your-mind/                       - First Thing Which Comes To Mind - Jola

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/302-post-the-most-random-picture-you-find-on-the-internet/      - Post Most Random Picture - MikeyZA

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/376-never-have-i-ever/                                                                          - Never Have I Ever - Fleyaa

3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/154-mood-music/                                                                                  - Mood Music - Rickett

etc.

What I mean to say by all this is simple:

Dear Devs please do one of these -

1. Unlock Development & Suggestion - So these topics can be put there.
  2. Rename Open forums to Off Topic or leave it as it is and move all constructive / informative topics to new sub forums something like - Discussion & Feedback Related to 3DX Chat.

TL:DR: Open forums are full of spam where constructive feedback get lost at the bottom, Let's slice it into two parts - Off Topic and Discussion about 3DX.

Edit 1: Links are not clickable because forum wont let me post more than 4 and it choose at random those that allow and those that don't.

I am bumping this since i am really disappointed that community updates get linked on the main page while important issues like this are totally ignored.

I must ask do you even look at forums and important issues?

GAME right now is bugged ridden mess every day I see bugs every 5 minutes that's not normal

FORUMS are mess there are duplicates of topics on every single page tons of spams and topics that shouldnt even exist.

but instead of fixing forums. you pin useless community updates onto the main page. Well no wonder why most of my friends are gone from forums or the game...

Same when I asked to pin my bug topic you refused. Like why should I update it if its fall on the bottom every single time?

Thank you ... /s 

Agree with everything except the critique of the open forum...now I post a lot of crap, don't follow topics if there's an interesting tangent and probably contribute to what some might call spam.

But I kinda like the open forum being a free for all, chaos breeds creativity and the cross pollination of subject threads makes interesting discussions pop up.

Totes that some subjects are worthy of splitting out of this melee though, dunno how that would be determined. Needs a mod I guess

I don't mind spam topics doll.

My issue is simple - those useful topics they dont belong here as they get lost.

I don't want to delete open forums lol. I want to separate it into useful info and random topics its simple as that.