3DXChat Community

invisible force field

Gman007

sorry for posting a new thread about this apparently you can't make a hill out of a ball because it puts up an invisible force field around it by about 55 feet outside the entire circumference of the ball

Gman, I just created a ball 100m large and I'm not running into any invisible wall. Could there be something underneath the ball that's solid, like a wall or a plane large enough, that might be obstructing the avatar's walk, you think?

It's happened to me before where planes underneath have obstructed my avatar's walking path. Taking a guess from your picture, try taking a look at how those stones are placed on the ground , or where two existing planes meet with one another around that junction. Without your world file and uploading it on my machine, I can only assume that might be the problem, but if you're okay with uploading your world file, I'll gladly take a look at where the problem lies and maybe try to fix it for you. : D

Gman, I just created a ball 100m large and I'm not running into any invisible wall. Could there be something underneath the ball that's solid, like a wall or a plane large enough, that might be obstructing the avatar's walk, you think?

It's happened to me before where planes underneath have obstructed my avatar's walking path. Taking a guess from your picture, try taking a look at how those stones are placed on the ground , or where two existing planes meet with one another around that junction. Without your world file and uploading it on my machine, I can only assume that might be the problem, but if you're okay with uploading your world file, I'll gladly take a look at where the problem lies and maybe try to fix it for you. : D

A large sphere is fine, it matters not how big it is. The problem arises when/if you resize the sphere and make it into say, an oval. What happens is the sphere will retain its maximum size even though you have shrunk it down on the sides, so you end up with the situation Gman is in.