3DXChat Community

Old Room Ranking System

JuicyJina

In my opinion it just makes things clearer, makes me visit the rooms with less people in them a lot more that I used to..

Not really sure how its "unfair"? It ain't a competition or anything and why would you care about getting the quiet crowd at your place anyway x)

Its just simply clear and easier to use now :S

Indeed, the real issue for me isn't the way rooms are sorted. Before it was by order of opening, news rooms at the bottom except if promoted and so on. Now it is number, tomorrow could be alphabetic. Fine with this.

The real issue is the promoting system which became pretty useless. Spending 300 xgold to be on on top, for a few seconds...that's pretty expensive...

I dont know what could be a solution. Add a timer? A promoted room stay up for x min before another can be promoted? I think it would avoid a waste of xgold but few rooms would have the chance be promoted in a certain lap ot time.

Another idea would be to reserve the 5 top slots to promoted rooms and then rooms by number BUT the 5 top rooms by number cant get promoted to avoid the biggests room to spam to be on top. Like this i think it would be more fair. Promoted rooms would stay in top 5 for a lil longer, top rooms cant spam promoted button but still are in the top of the list.

My suggestion:

The first four entries in the ranking list are reserved for X-gold promoted rooms. If you promote your room with 300 X-gold you push your room on the first entry as long as another player does the same with his room. He gets then on the first entry and you drop to the second and so on .. if you reach the fourth entry and another player promotes his room with X-gold, you drop back into the "normal" list.

This would give you time to accumulate players and you are not only listed for seconds on the top.

Regards,

Xeno

Ah tinks most of us know how tha room lists work. Most people will first goto the most populated rooms, those being the rooms on top of tha list. These rooms grow and therefore maintain their top spots and keep growing etc etc. For a new room to have any hope, and lets face eets a room owner wants people in their rooms and tha best bet is to be up top, tha reason for tha 300 Gold room top system in tha first place.

There is absolutely no point keeping this 300 Gold payment system with tha current list setup.

Unfair is paying 300 Gold for a few seconds or minutes to "promote" your room, tha whole point of paying and tha entire reason most people do eets is to get people to visit their room.

Some of you don't care and might browse tha room name and select that way but tha majority go where tha herds are we all know that.

If it really doesn't matter if a room is on top or not and has tha same chance as any other room to get people to go there then scrap tha 300 Gold to promote eet because eets a total waste.

Ah like tha room order bah numbers in them eets handy but people will stop promoting their rooms eventually and some wont even bother to open them if they are going to sit at tha bottom in tha dark LOL.

Either introduce a new promotion system that makes eet "fair" spending that Gold in tha first place or scrap tha whole idea if being on top really doesn't matter when we all know eet prolly does to a lot. Wotevs  lately tha same rooms have been on top like all day ah guess that's fair.

Why not reverse tha room list, put tha lowest pop rooms up top and tha highest down tha bottom, if truly where on tha list you are doesn't matter :P Yeah right Meeps! Reverse psychology dem beeshes Yo!

Last night I paid 3000 just because someone with a room full of 80+ people wanted to be on top although he/she was already full and didnt give me the chance... if i was booted to second or third place on the list i dont mind (just like before) but now i was booted all the way down the list which pissed me off! 

It's interesting who defeats the new room ordering and who wants the old ordering back ^^

The best is that some who never leave their private room also participate on this discussion... some really need to step into each thread.

Fact is that pushing your room on the top for 300 is absolute useless anymore and just a waste of xgold if somebody else push his or her room a second later. 300 for one second fame ^^ pretty expensive.

Everyone has a right to an opinion whether they throw countless parties or never throw any. If you are a paying member of the game you have every right to speak up. You dont have to like someone elses opinion for them to have said opinion.

Good luck that you always respect someone else opinion :)

I do not know why the new system should be unfair?

I think the less visited rooms anyway are much more interesting, because the people there at least (mostly) talk to each other and you get much better conversations. For me, the system is ok so, I can now look through the list from the bottom up and the less interesting mass-market (ok, except some highlights) is at the top end.

Okay, the advertising story with the XGold ... take it realistic, if the room is bad, or it is poorly managed, the whole XGold of this World wouldn't help to make it better.

I was just thinking what if they added a timer that guaranteed your room would be shown out of numerical for say one hour and another room being moved to the top of the list would simply drop you room one slot behind that one until the timer ran out.

Why not just have two categories? "Promoted" and "For All" where if people decide to promote their room, it goes to the promoted section and stays there for (?) minutes before going back to the "For All" section.

This way it would make most sense to have them sorted by highest populated rooms as that is just way better and cleaner imo and people who decide to pay actually get some value for it rather than now.

Honestly I do not see any unfair things here. If you are looking for good chat - you will not stay in "Colds no chat" room no matter how many people are there, if you are looking for a colds and sex - you will not stay in dancing room and so on.

I have no idea why people think that if there will be no room sorting that their room will instantly get people's attention and a lot of visitors. It is not the position that make room interesting, it is host, entertainment, music and, only in some degree, is the room design. Long ago, I remember that there was a feature that allowed invite everyone from the location (or even from the entire server) to your own room. Guess what was the outcome? Dozens of people in one room and a few minutes later it was empty with perplexed room owner inside, uncomprehending why everyone left.

Creating a room, any type of room with reputation requires weeks, if not months of bloody hard work - it is not all about building, it is also finding your zing, entertaining people, making them feel comfortable, building up good relations, making your visitors want to return - if people like you and your room they will seek for it, they will wait to get there and they will stay there.

If you are unable to do this  - sorry, nothing will help you.

Ah personally dunn tink most peeps top their room for their ego, perhaps being tha top room with tha most peeps may tickle their undies but ma view is most rooms that top off are just trying to get some numbers in their room.

Who wants to open a room and be tha only one in eet and tha peeps that do come poof off coz theres no one there.

Easy fix, scrap da list and have a circle, there is no top room they all da same ROFL. And once ya hit 50 peeps then tha game starts auto topping tha loser rooms up wif ya patrons randomly  :D dis is a soopa fair system 2 troos.

When ya pay 300 Gold now ya room name flashes colors and everyone who enters gets a free lollypops WooooooooooooHooooo, sheeshers orielly ah tinks of awesome sheeeet! 

Creating a room, any type of room with reputation requires weeks, if not months of bloody hard work - it is not all about building, it is also finding your zing, entertaining people, making them feel comfortable, building up good relations, making your visitors want to return - if people like you and your room they will seek for it, they will wait to get there and they will stay there.

Longer term the only rooms with "reputation" seem to be sex rooms or rooms that are run by someone who is part of a group. Which rooms have a lot of people seems a bit random at times to me. Its not that hard to get people to join a room once there are a few people in it, but there are a lot of rooms open lately with only one person and those rooms often never fill up. People who boost their rooms just want to get a few people into them not necessarily be the top room.

I am confused how so many people here think that spending 300 xgold for a few seconds of promotion isn't unfair. So basically only 1 promotion per day, or fork over $5 real money every time you wanna host? Yeah right...

Obviously the new sorting isn't the real problem. But it caused an issue and improving the promo feature to make it less expensive for players is a perfectly valid suggestion. Why ya gotta be the devil's advocate?