3DXChat Community

Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

XenophiliusLovegood

Alternate Avatars  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

Posted Today, 01:37 PM

As does that. It is usually a good idea to stop digging when a hole appears in front of you.

Β 

Baiting other forum members into violating the rules, and making threats against other members of 3dx forums are both against the Terms of Conditions and could be considered bullying by you. Truth.

TheTruth3dx says he’s reported me. I’m not quite clear what for. Maybe for suggesting he’s fallen in a hole he’s dug for himself? He seems to think I’ve made threats, although I can’t see where. Maybe for suggesting he shows remarkable similarities In style to someone who has been permanently banned. I don’t know. If i’m That bad there’s some are very much worse.

Β 

Ah well, I won’t lose any sleep over it.

Β 

This thread is about the merits, or otherwise, of flagging alts. Do we have a strong argument appearing here for this? Of course it is impossible to prove whether someone is, or is not, an alt. If it is important to know then we need to know. If, as the poll suggests, it isn’t then why keep on about it. This thread has turned into something other than a discussion. I think it time to ask for it to be locked, should Xeno be so inclined, it is his thread after all.

Β 

Edit here - I suspect we are seeing a return to the bad old days of a few months go where people trashed important threads with the intention of getting them deleted.

TheTruth3dx says he’s reported me. I’m not quite clear what for. Maybe for suggesting he’s fallen in a hole he’s dug for himself? He seems to think I’ve made threats, although I can’t see where. Maybe for suggesting he shows remarkable similarities In style to someone who has been permanently banned. I don’t know. If i’m That bad there’s some are very much worse.

Β 

Ah well, I won’t lose any sleep over it.

Β 

This thread is about the merits, or otherwise, of flagging alts. Do we have a strong argument appearing here for this? Of course it is impossible to prove whether someone is, or is not, an alt. If it is important to know then we need to know. If, as the poll suggests, it isn’t then why keep on about it. This thread has turned into something other than a discussion. I think it time to ask for it to be locked, should Xeno be so inclined, it is his thread after all.

Β 

Edit here - I suspect we are seeing a return to the bad old days of a few months go where people trashed important threads with the intention of getting them deleted.

Your use of flagging also means reportingΒ  which would get a user into trouble so I wouldn't suggest using that as a term for making an account wide @parentname so people know it's an alt.Β  You're own words "Of course it is impossible to prove whether someone is, or is not, an alt. If it is important to know then we need to know."Β  You're merging the poll thread to this one when it's two separate threads.Β  This thread for the most part has stayed on topic but those give a difference of opinion that you don't agree with as well as a few others as it's showing.

Β 

What you're seeing is people on both sides making valid points but instead of just keeping it an adult discussion it turns into belittling like saying someone isn't logically thinking, lack education, common sense and so on because they're point doesn't agree.Β  That's what the issue is.Β  No one is trying anything to get the thread deleted.

Β 

My thought as I've stated before is one avi to an account, period solves the problem of alts on one account and forces if the user wants to do anything else to buy another one.

they can remove anything they want at any time, avis, your entire account. Might want to read that tos you are always bringing up.Β 

Β 

Β 

1.04. SexGameDevil may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete accounts at any time, without notice to the With or owner of the account.

Looks like you are naive one.

I have read backwards through all 18 pages of this thread of this topic and I found very little that would warranted it being a locked by administrators; however, the conversation and debate has run it's course with many different viewpoints being discussed in those pages. Also, the poll, which was the focus of the original post has yielded a result of most people not being in favor of having a common nickname for each particular members' characters. Truth.

So to flag something up is offensive now? Please explain to a humble Brit for whom flagging something is to identify it.

When you flag someone, you're bringing attention to them for some reason.Β  For example, flagging someone down as your car broke down and you need help.Β  In other games, when you want to report someone you flag them or their items to be reviewed.Β  Tagging is a better term used take a look at Facebook they use tag not flag.