3DXChat Community

Pictures in editor

LexiBella

Hello there,

Β Its possible add some pictures in our rooms? On the wall for example?

Today its impossible. Sadly impossible .Β 

"Google SketchUp" have a good function where u can place your texture on object correctly, actually as u wish . You can rotate ,resize your texture and so on . Would be great to add it in World Editor with some limits as Kimmy said .

I'm really sorry, Niblette, that I forgot to mention you too,

but this night I was a little tired (and lazy), so I only took

the first exemple of this kind of tool that I found,

though I have had a close look at your program

some days ago. I'm so sorry.

I have actually made a blender plugin that I could adapt to do that. I made it before the world editor, but I could never figure out how 3DX represents the world space object rotations. If someone does know or figures it out I have most of the plugin is done to do that. I think it could be useful to make some types of objects like statues but it would result in using a lot of triangles and squares still it might be useful, and I would make it if I knew how to represent rotations in 3DX's world space.

I have tried this tool (not nibelette tho) so either you get a good looking image with 1000000000000000000000 of objects that screws the room over or you will have to take it down to 20 objects and get a funny art... so if there is a method you guys can teach us..... :)

Best way would be the Dev's add the ability to add uploadable textures to the materials list, and/or the ability to map custom textures or add .pngs to a flat plane or the Prims.

Β 

Hell, we could make custom sky's using the sphere.

Β 

Let's hope the world editor development isn't going to be abandoned. It's pretty good, but there is always room for improvements.

i don't see any option to download the thing for the pics in the site where the link lead. The only options i have is "open an account" or "support us". I will not pay more than what i pay just to put pics on the walls of my castle lol.

Hmmm... i must miss something... I downloaded the program, i followed the instructions to modify an image into .world objects ( i specially made the image size to 75x75 to limit the objects created, format jpg) but when i try to install it into the game all i have is a kinf of electronic fog which absolutely not looks like an image. This thing don't work, i'm even thinking that it's just a trap to make peoples create an account to the forum where this program can be downloaded.

Hmmm... i must miss something... I downloaded the program, i followed the instructions to modify an image into .world objects ( i specially made the image size to 75x75 to limit the objects created, format jpg) but when i try to install it into the game all i have is a kinf of electronic fog which absolutely not looks like an image. This thing don't work, i'm even thinking that it's just a trap to make peoples create an account to the forum where this program can be downloaded.

Β 

It works i have tried it, but u need to play around with settings

Hmm could be two issues I think. It could be that the image you picked isn't really a good one for combining and that it still has more objects then your computer can handle. Without combining 75x75 seems on the edge to me. The second thing it could be is that 3DX changed the .world format and that was happening to me it might be that it simply isn't reading the old format right I know there was issues with that when I tested a bit. Try my tool and see if it works or does the same thing.

Β 

http://northprojectz.com/3dxtest20/index.php?/files/file/118-naughty-designer-ii/