xandor

ivanbigdick has sendedme and my wife this trough private in this verry forum

:

•  
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 0 posts

Sent Yesterday, 06:17 PM

you or remove all the posts about the room, or your file of room will load in all the forums. You have less day!

if giszmo still put up with stealing rooms and  these threats  i am sure 3dxchat will lose members why would we deco if people just can steal rooms 

and even then thret to place it on the forum  for downloading

i am done with this and so is my wife 

DO SOMETHING ABOUT these kinda thieves  and idiots or r they free to tread us as well?

People who do this sort of stuff are total knobheads. It’s a shame there’s nothing you can do about them, except maybe stick a really, really awful room in your creation that is too much like hard work to edit out. Maybe put your name up in lights?

There is no reason we can't be critical of what we're paying for.  I heard you can build your own virtual server and stand it up here for $4 a week and that it is what netflix is using.

https://aws.amazon.com/windows/

Unity is free so you can download it and make your own mmorpg game from scratch here

https://unity3d.com/

You can learn how to make your own rpg here for $10

https://www.udemy.com/unityrpg

In my opinion you could probably learn how to copy your room here and paste it to your own server on your own game and learn how to protect it to prevent anyone from being able to steal it if you invited people from here to come play your game with you.  That probably sounds dubious and sounds like you're hacking and stealing from the devs here in an attempt to keep people from hacking you but you used the tools here to build what you've made so it's like we're all hacking each other's work.  In my humble opinion we should all be hacking each other's works and working together as efficiently as possible so none of us are reinventing the wheel.  Of course we're describing second life here and talking about redoing second life is a bit of a wheel reinvention.  This place has less lag than second life so they must be doing something right.  The characters don't look like wow cartoon stick figures even though blizzard makes 2 billion a year off the poor suckers that play it so they must be doing something right here.  Achat has 8,000+ poses and 300+ outfits but you don't have any control there over taking them on and off so they must be doing something right here.  Skyrim had 180 devs in the credits at the end of the game but allowed the community to make 3 million mods but it wasn't online so they must be doing something right here. 

I think we should all stick with it and let the tech and the economy naturally evolve the game.  Sooner or later all of our wildest dreams will come true.  -kisses and hugs

I agree with most everything you wrote here, however, you make it sound easier and cheaper than it truly is.

The servers maybe cheap to build BUT keeping them updated, running properly, space and incidentals as even the page you linked shows costs 10's of thousands of dollars. 

You say "Unity is free" BUT again going to the link you see professional services of Unity cost almost $200/monthly

The link for the RPG that costs $10 again, that maybe the cheapest BUT again, the page shows the more you have yop meet certain requirements and sit through a hours of lectures and while the particular lectures on the page are on sale right now for $23 for 5 hours in a 42 hour lecture series..not to mention the requirements they expect you to have:

• You should be able to write basic C# (loops, conditionals, components, etc)
  • Some familiarity with Unity's APIs is helpful.
  • You should know your way round Unity 5's editor.

You're talking at minimum $100's if not $1000's.

So, in your post, you make it sound like someone could create a room and protect it relatively cheaply, I don't know how and is "saving and protecting" your room worth the cost with no money coming in to pay those monthly fees and for upkeep on the servers? 

By the way, yes, constructive criticism is helpful because it gives them an idea of what the people want.

Anyway, like I said, I agreed with pretty much all your post except giving the idea it would be cheaper to create and run a similar game. 

ivanbigdick has sendedme and my wife this trough private in this verry forum

:

•  
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 0 posts

Sent Yesterday, 06:17 PM

you or remove all the posts about the room, or your file of room will load in all the forums. You have less day!

if giszmo still put up with stealing rooms and  these threats  i am sure 3dxchat will lose members why would we deco if people just can steal rooms 

and even then thret to place it on the forum  for downloading

i am done with this and so is my wife 

DO SOMETHING ABOUT these kinda thieves  and idiots or r they free to tread us as well?

Before you and your wife leave, have you reported this to Gizmo/Lisa and the admins? I would think threatening anyone like that would be terms for being suspended and banned. I'd definitely report it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ignoring does not help to prevent your room to be grabbed by other users:

He/she can nevertheless enter your room, and you don't even see it, and as soon he/she is in your room, its data is on his/her computer.

You are wrong on this, when you ignore someone , your room don't appear in the list of the rooms he/she can see and so enter.