3DXChat Community

3DXChat streams on Plexstorm

Gizmo

This is, of course, talking about a situation where fair use isn't applicable and also isn't a conversation held between two parties. Copyright infringement in the use of forwarding emails and storing emails could and more than likely will fall under fair use, as long as it's not being commercialized or being used in a slanderous way or for ill intent. Also- I'd like that website to please cite its source and what statues and states it's referring to.

And for all intents and purposes, it still doesn't address the concerns of private messaging in a game.

Look I have said I will explain some of the "light" legal text in my posts if you ask   ...... You keep talking about conversations between two people  ... This is sending you down a wrong path or rabbit hole  ... 

Copyright does not apply to conversation between two or any amount of people if it is not recorded in a tangible medium.

Copyright is aquired when something is "Fixed in a tangible medium of expression" ... such as paper a photograph, an electronic communication and is "perceivable by people either with or without the aid of a machine"   

And I can't see how "Fair use" can apply before you know the content of what has been copied  .... how the hell could you establish you acted within the bounds of "Fair use" when you stream something live?  You at least need to know what you are copying before you can state you copied it fairly  ;)

Not true, having been stated previously by the numerous professional lawyers who all said that it's not illegal to dispense or record a private conversation between two people. If you'd like to provide your credentials to make such a judgement call and provide the exact wording where it states that it is illegal to do so and is in violation of copyright infringement in a game, I'd love to see it. Please note that wording in terms of law is very specific and also very situational. If you can provide a court case where it's been ruled in favour of live streaming a video game PM chat is considered copyright infringement, then that'd be great.

"The question comes down to whether you have any "reasonable expectation of privacy" over that email.  Absent any agreement to keep your communications private, no one is under any obligation to keep secrets for you.  If you chose to divulge something to someone, or to say something to someone in general, it is your relationship with that person that will determine whether there is any conceivable expectation of privacy."

""Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation.""

"In the US a letter you send to someone doesn't have privacy, in the legal sense. They can show it to others without breaking any laws. Mostly because the US doesn't really have much in the way on privacy laws between citizens."

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=981729 This is an extract on the confines of someone's legal view on copyright laws with regard to email forwarding. 

https://danashultz.com/2015/01/15/telling-facebook-friends-means-telling-the-world/And this an extract with regard to the legality of posting information privately to one another on a platform and whether you can legally expect things to remain private and with whom the message is shared with.

Edited: Also with regard to what you've stated about Fair use, please don't strawman, I was stating that with regard to the email clause and if it falls within fair use, not live-streaming. Hence having the pre-existing knowledge of the email, not an ongoing livestream.

Edited: This is also on the contention that the thing you're trying to claim copyright infringement on doesn't contest as, an idea, small phrase/sentence.

"Copyright laws disfavor protection for short phrases. Such claims are viewed with suspicion by the Copyright Office, whose circulars state that, “… slogans, and other short phrases or expressions cannot be copyrighted.” These rules are premised on two tenets of copyright law. First, copyright will not protect an idea. Phrases conveying an idea are typically expressed in a limited number of ways and, therefore, are not subject to copyright protection. Second, phrases are considered as common idioms of the English language and are therefore free to all. Granting a monopoly would eventually “checkmate the public” and the purpose of a copyright clause to encourage creativity-would be defeated.

So how many words do you have to string together before you get copyright protection? 10? 20? 100? It’s not a matter of numbers. Whether you can stop someone else from using your literary phrases is dependent upon the uniqueness and value of the phrases as well as the way in which you (and the borrower) use them."

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/2003/09/09/copyright_protection_for_short/

Also- I'd like that website to please cite its source and what statues and states it's referring to. 

Well, the "NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY" which is based in Boston MA (above) .... said all, and more than the second link I gave you (maybe a bit harder to understand) ..... all sources are cited by numbers next to any legal text and are listed at the bottom of the page that I gave you the link too .....

Copyright law in the U.S. is governed by federal statute.

Federal laws (statutes), enacted by the United States Congress, must be followed by every state in the country.

As to your last post ... this is going nowhere  ...... you first have to understand what copyright is  .... It doesn't protect the ideas, (secrets as you put it) "Fixed in a tangible medium of expression" just the "Fixed tangible medium of expression" itself  ... If you want to protect ideas you uses a "Patent"  ... 

I am done, you are going further down the rabbit hole  .... talking about recording phone calls now  :wacko: Regardless of the legallity of the recording it is the person that makes the recording not those being recorded that owns the copyright ... same as when you take a picture of people or a crowd, it is the person that  "Fixed ( it ) in a tangible medium of expression"  that holds the copyright not those that are photographed.

Point is with a PM the text is  "Fixed in a tangible medium of expression" before it is sent to their partner, copyright was aquired before the partner received it ...  The partner only has ownership over their own text. 

Plexstorm isn't just streaming the ideas (secrets) of a person, but also a direct copy of something  "Fixed in a tangible medium of expression" where the author may not have  given their consent for its publication.

And if you only gave relevant links  .....  and read correctly what you cite that could be considered relevant (Such as the "Abstract" you sent), you would understand what I am saying. 

Again, please don't strawman my statements, "Not true, having been stated previously by the numerous professional lawyers who all said that it's not illegal to dispense or record a private conversation between two people." No where in here did I ask for you state the statue for copyright law. I asked for you to show me the statue where it says it's in violation of current law to not do this (in violation of privacy to show private conversations) and to then provide evidence that, a court case, an actual ruling or specific law language that says the content of PMs are copyright protected. As stated above to copyright a phrase or sentence, could "Grant a monopoly that would eventually “checkmate the public” and the purpose of a copyright clause to encourage creativity-would be defeated."

I bring up those points as it's on the legality of what you can consider private info and what isn't and an email and or- a conversation between two individuals doesn't constitute privacy, especially PMs on an "online" game. You say a PM, is a "fixed tangible medium of expression", to which is covered by copyright, to which I pointed out that a small phrases' and ideas have to be demonstrated to be otherwise in a court of law. I also pointed out that the extract was a view on law, not what was stated in the law, vs how the second extract I provided, shows an instance in a court case where they ruled it wasn't in violation of privacy. It's an interpretation of the language and how it can be inferred which would have to be ruled for in different circuits of the judicial system.

This is my last message on the topic, you can refer to any of the links I provided for which I think explains in detail how this isn't a breach of privacy of anybody playing, (At least in western law). Making a claim like this, "The partner only has ownership over their own text." is completely with disregard to what actual professional lawyers stated in multiple instances up above. 

Apart from the point, whether the streaming itself or the transfer of personal conversations violate laws, I consider the live streaming at least morally questionable.

It can be baffled to bully people in the form of slander, harassment, oppression and coercion  - all live.

This can cause a strong personal damage to the people involved or attacked.

The only option I currently see to prevent the streaming of my character and to protect my privacy is to set every character who is streaming the game at PLEXSTORM to "Full Ignore" in 3dxchat. But I doubt that this is the final solution of the problem...

Regards,
Xeno

... it's completely legal for people to share a conversation that they're part of, in fact, law specifically states .

Exept that here we are talking of a site where peoples watching will use what they see to defame , incriminate or harrass the person ( 95% chances and i know yet one who would do if she is still in game and aware of this ).

First things first, your characters are not you, only figments of your imagination, so any privacy concerns begin and end there.

That said, I also don't like this promotion, it will attract even more deaf/mute characters, like the streamers.

I dont Agree with this.. Having and enjoying some fun in a room with someone, who you think is enjoying it with you,and streaming it to the World is Fucked!!..and I for one thibk 3dxchat needs to protect against someone who maybe streaming you..without consent..and can. I thnk lead to some real serious Bullshitt!!!!!!!

Just checked plexstorm on scamadvicer:

Notes:-

Alert ResultThis website may be related to a number of high risk sites

Domain Age: 7 Years, 302 Days

Last Refreshed: Just now

Website Speed: Slow

Website Value: $95.69

Owner: Joey Kreuter

Owner Address: Jurastrasse 30

Owner City: Niderbuchsiten

Owner Postcode: 4626

Phone Number: +41.765835613 Switzerland

Phone Type: mobile: TDC Switzerland AG

Email: United States Related to 1 sites

Owner Country : Switzerland Switzerland

Website Location : Switzerland Switzerland

​Is it only me that having trouble to follow the 3dx business strategy ? :) In most cases this is something you do at the beginning to attract new player,s later on its  to big risk, beacause you can loose the long term players that actually will secure the monthly income. The Devs gave us the World editor, thats awsome. But if you check the forum and see what the long term players wants it is clothes and other game stuff. Sex poses is good but my oppinion is that poses is not on the top of the list for old players in here. 

​If i was a dev in this game my priority should be to listen and focus first on the old players, when they are happy the player base is secured. After that you can focus on the rest, the people that come and leave after a couple of months.

​old players = people that have been a member for a year or more

​Will be intresting to follow this move with plexistorm, will 3dx get some extra Money now so they can develop the game better and give us what we want or will it kill the game ?

​I really hope this move will make the game better, beacause i really like it :)

Love u all <3

Guest Trance

World editor so we can make our own rooms - done

Pose editor so we can make our own poses - coming

Clothes editor so we can make our own clothes - next

Now streaming all “your” creativity, rooms, poses, roleplay and interactions probably without your consent to pull in more subscribers, laughing all the way to the bank.

Their business model seems pretty sound to me

checked a bit plex thing yeasterday and hmm it seem it turn like a site like "myfreecam" or any site where a girl is "having fun" for tips. I selected a stream ( a blue girl ) and found her in game . Checked her profile and it was wrote in her profile that she always stream on plexthing. Some would say ok great, the ones having fun with her are supposed to know if they read her profile first. 

Though, i see two problems :

1- Men rarely read profiles so maybe they are not aware of it.

2- What if on her screen someone in background is having sex (supposed not streamed) with someone else not related to the "streaming session" ? He/She is streamed on the screen of the streaming girl, he/she is seen by the same peoples than the girl streaming, but he/she don't know that so many peoples are watching as, having sex with someone else than her, he/she don't need to read her profile.

checked a bit plex thing yeasterday and hmm it seem it turn like a site like "myfreecam" or any site where a girl is "having fun" for tips. I selected a stream ( a blue girl ) and found her in game . Checked her profile and it was wrote in her profile that she always stream on plexthing. Some would say ok great, the ones having fun with her are supposed to know if they read her profile first. 

Though, i see two problems :

1- Men rarely read profiles so maybe they are not aware of it.

2- What if on her screen someone in background is having sex (supposed not streamed) with someone else not related to the "streaming session" ? He/She is streamed on the screen of the streaming girl, he/she is seen by the same peoples than the girl streaming, but he/she don't know that so many peoples are watching as, having sex with someone else than her, he/she don't need to read her profile.

Usually I tend to agree with things that is intrusive to privacy here, that said:

1. Maybe it's time they start reading profiles then, you can't blame ignorance if you don't bother to check who your sleeping with.

2. If they're streamed in background they likely made the decision to have sex somewhere not private, if your 100% worried about privacy you go to one the users private rooms together and not use public areas or public rooms.

Good news I think .....

Plexstom was included in the whats new section of the login page of 3DXChat ... It now appears to have been removed.

Would be nice if 3DXChat made it clear that anyone streaming PRIVATE MESSAGES of another member without their consent will be banned from the game.

I on second thought Like Plexstorm, as long as the players know they are being live streamed, and their personal convo is not shown, I think it maybe kind of FUN, and maybe exciting ...

I just have to add a thing or two....bcuz Im so fucking tired of you peeps...sitting here on this forum all day long creating or being apart of drama...its like you seek it...

but Im bored bla bla bla....the devs dont update enought bla bla bla....plexstorm this and that....enjoy it or gtfo ffs.

nobody is keeping your drama asses here....

you complain on Plexstorm as if its a threat to your account...and Pandora?

you guys use Pandora and dont complain...nobody asked me if I wanted that shit....

stfu or leave....

or how about this...say something useful for once

have a nice day

I just have to add a thing or two....bcuz Im so fucking tired of you peeps...sitting here on this forum all day long creating or being apart of drama...its like you seek it...

but Im bored bla bla bla....the devs dont update enought bla bla bla....plexstorm this and that....enjoy it or gtfo ffs.

nobody is keeping your drama asses here....

you complain on Plexstorm as if its a threat to your account...and Pandora?

you guys use Pandora and dont complain...nobody asked me if I wanted that shit....

stfu or leave....

or how about this...say something useful for once

have a nice day

@Nixxx

Aren't you so much better?

You are complaining that people here discuss several topics and that bothers you. This is a forum and it lives from discussion. In a society different opinions should be respected as long as they are factually represented. And by the way, democracy lives from the discussion of different opinions.

Most people here are trying to make the world better, it's not just complaining..

I would like to end the post with a quote of the German Poet Heinrich Heine who said:

"Die Freiheit der Meinung setzt voraus, daß man überhaupt eine hat."  (The freedom of opinion requires that you have one at all.)

Best regards,

Xeno

Hey NIXX, buddy if you don't like it don't read it,,lol...no Ones complaining, their all discussing their thoughts on things, and ideas, this is a place for reflection, no bodies personally attacking anyone, if they were, then that would be Drama, bull@#$% and I for one would be first to shut that Sh#$!!!.. down..I had seen that a long time ago, but thank god those days are gone.I praise this place, I'm glad the Devs and game designers made it for the players, nice for us to all have ideas and a place to say what we feel..A true gaming 3dXchat democracy and A place for our expressions..So if you don't like what peeps are thinking and expressing, then just don't come and read it...That's all My views, and why we have this place, a place to express them..