3DXChat Community

Ocean level keeps changing

DireTeddyBear

Why on earth will the ocean not stay put? Every time I lower my world to right above the ocean level, it stays for a while and then the ocean level drops some more. I go to settings, and the default ocean level is now lower and it won't let me raise it again.

Β 

This is really annoying.

I can set water to -1000 and if I go back into editor ... it still shows water at -1000 but when I leave editor again, the water will be back to default position. It's like you have to always set water lever again as the last thing before leaving the editor.

I wonder. I have the respawn above 183 m and the level of ocean is at 183. I have to reset it to this position each time I load the room.

You mean every time after using editor you have to reset the ocean level. Once set say 183, unless you enter editor again it should stay at 183, or -1000.Β 

Unless they fixed it... you must set the water level upon leaving the editor every time. You set water level very low so it's not visible... then leave to view it. It will be fine... if you go back into editor then back into room, the water level is back to default.

Its certainly not supposed to be that way. What would be the point in having an option to change the water level when it just goes back to default if you don't set it every time you are in the editor? Nothing in any software program works that way nor has ever worked that way. You expect that when you set a numerical value to something and save it, it will stay put.Β 

Β 

There should just be a simple option to remove the water.

Its certainly not supposed to be that way. What would be the point in having an option to change the water level when it just goes back to default if you don't set it every time you are in the editor? Nothing in any software program works that way nor has ever worked that way. You expect that when you set a numerical value to something and save it, it will stay put.Β 

Β 

There should just be a simple option to remove the water.

I'm finding it hard to understand your trouble with water? Why are you adjusting it in the first place?Β 

Granted, I don't use it much, I've built a total of 3 maps where I've actually wanted the water, a yacht, a sub and an oasis, the yacht and sub for obvious reasons and the oasis I wanted to be able to swim in the part of the springs, and in those cases, I built around the default water level. In all the other worlds, I'm at least meter above the default water line

If you don't want water, just do that, place a block a meter above the default waterline, stretch it out to 2000x2000 and presto, a map with no water to ever worry about or be seen.

post-14658-0-65770400-1521630026_thumb.jpg

Because even if you can't see it... it's being rendered and it's a massive waste on resources if you have an inside club.

Ok, I didn't realise about the rendering. That makes sense to have an option to remove the water entirely then.Β