#21 Perimede

Perimede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:00 AM

Point taken Niblette, but .................... there's always one of those :-). To my mind the problem isn't the debae itself or the topics discussed, more that certain people will do their utmost to prevent any sort of debate. What is good is that the moderators have taken a robust stand on this. While it could be argued they've not got it quite right the message is clear. The will remove people from the forums if they do not behave in a manner that conforms to the rules they set. I hope this will continue and will enable discussion about the widest possible range of topics without the bullying that has blighted the forums for too long.

Fingers crossed for the future.

Here's an attempt to come up with something in line with where this started - passionately held, honest opinions expressed with a sense of fairness commandeered by people who want to show their dislike of somebody.

• Desirea, Niblette, VatikanO and 4 others like this

#22 Niblette

Niblette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

I agree and the mods do seem to be a lot more active and the forums seems to be mostly free of trolling to a large degree.

• Desirea and Perimede like this

#23 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNorthern girl from the states

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:03 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:58 AM

Question -  Why cant personal issues or disputes be discussed and resolved in private? 

If the answer is an Ignore - then that is the resolution. One party does not wish to continue, nor take part in any further drama.  Full Stop. End of.

And if that is the case ... why then do said parties think its ok to publisise said dispute on forum...  to goad the party who does not wish to talk on it anymore / to continue the drama ? Or to let the rest of the 3dchat world know?

In case anyone does not understand the latter -   The rest of 3d does not want to know, nor gives a flying fuck about personal hissy fits at all. 

The only issues that should be publisised are when there is a public interest to the rest of Forum ... like stealing other member's creations!

OMG! Well said Vaughan Rarius, I could not have said it any better!

#24 Niblette

Niblette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

Not every post that is "controversial" is over a personal dispute. This thread was about what was going on on the forum about a year ago. The threads that it was referring to were more like your example of room stealing and most ended up deleted. It doesn't really reflect the current situation on the forum which has been mostly quiet and there wasn't really any need to bring it up.

• ToxicallySweet and Kaitlyn1989 like this

#25 DarkFairy

DarkFairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationSlowly bleeding out somewhere

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

The thing is without moderation anyone can post what they like, within the rules. I’m not saying I agree with it. There are threads I don’t like and behaviour I don’t like but who the fuck cares?

Who decides what’s “public interest”? Not me.

2u53tx2.jpg

#26 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:46 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:58 AM

Question -  Why cant personal issues or disputes be discussed and resolved in private? 

If the answer is an Ignore - then that is the resolution. One party does not wish to continue, nor take part in any further drama.  Full Stop. End of.

And if that is the case ... why then do said parties think its ok to publisise said dispute on forum...  to goad the party who does not wish to talk on it anymore / to continue the drama ? Or to let the rest of the 3dchat world know?

In case anyone does not understand the latter -   The rest of 3d does not want to know, nor gives a flying fuck about personal hissy fits at all. 

The only issues that should be publisised are when there is a public interest to the rest of Forum ... like stealing other member's creations!

OMG! Well said Vaughan Rarius, I could not have said it any better!

but was it followed? To say is one thing to enact is another.

• DarkFairy likes this

#27 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

I am here to set a record straight. I received a message about my quote. First of all I didn't mean to quote anyone. I was in the forum here a few days back and read someones post and I made a comment to it stating: OMG well said Vaughan Rarius I couldn't have said it any better. As a result I may have copied it and reposted it making it look as though it was I that wrote it when it was not. Not naming any names it was quoted back to me with a statement of their own that I did not appreciate. This is how stuff gets started in here. Mine was totally by accident. I emailed this person because I do not wish to keep personal matters going in here in forum. Just like I stated to this person, I believe forum should pertain to issues related to the game and personal issues should be dealt with in private. Game related issues to me are: design issues, app issues, billing issues, email issues,  but NOT PERSONAL DIFFERENCES WITH OTHER PLAYERS!

• Vaughan_Rarius likes this

#28 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I am here to set a record straight. I received a message about my quote. First of all I didn't mean to quote anyone. I was in the forum here a few days back and read someones post and I made a comment to it stating: OMG well said Vaughan Rarius I couldn't have said it any better. As a result I may have copied it and reposted it making it look as though it was I that wrote it when it was not. Not naming any names it was quoted back to me with a statement of their own that I did not appreciate. This is how stuff gets started in here. Mine was totally by accident. I emailed this person because I do not wish to keep personal matters going in here in forum. Just like I stated to this person, I believe forum should pertain to issues related to the game and personal issues should be dealt with in private. Game related issues to me are: design issues, app issues, billing issues, email issues,  but NOT PERSONAL DIFFERENCES WITH OTHER PLAYERS!

#29 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

#30 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

#31 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

#32 Amazing Sin

Amazing Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

#33 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

Someone pushed the button too many times

#34 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

yeah i had computer issues so i could not quote the original post V made. Fact is V does not follow what he preaches, if he changed great, but the impression he gave me was attention seeker no matter who gets hurt or how many truths are bent. So A.Sin sorry my computer was not co-operating and i used your quote of a quote that is not in my opinion followed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: silly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users