#121 Vaughan_Rarius

Vaughan_Rarius

Master V

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

Happy Weekend bro.

Watch out for snow, the rains inevitable...

Beth Hart - Caught out in the rain 

• MikeyDee and SusanLouisa like this

#122 SusanLouisa

SusanLouisa

MrsBrandiWineRarius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • LocationBlowing Bubbles

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

Sorry we missed you spin!  We were there and did not see you.  Sure hope it went well.   Keep us posted as to when you are at it again!  Hugs tight.

• MikeyDee likes this

#123 Felia

Felia

Felia ♡ Chloe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:46 AM

Happy Weekend Mikey, have a good Time and thank you for your warm words.

Kisssss

• chloe and MikeyDee like this

#124 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

Formerly virtual, forever realistic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationSlow dancing in the sunset with my beloved.

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

Well,

A weekend to remember! (Yeah! Another one!)

I Don’t know what’s happened to me!
Now some would say it’s a mid life crisis but I haven’t bought a Porsche or Harley and not do I pretend to know who and what Grime is (Gosh, isn’t Stromzy sick bro? Ya get me? Yah get me tho?)

I met someone at the beach and.... oh boy..... lol
Amazing. Just amazing. Beautiful. I knew I was missing something in game. The last few weeks have been a hedonistic revelation.

I thought I had the measure of most people in 3DX. Yet again it’s surprised me and this was the result of a chance meeting in one of the strip joints in game. (Just scoping out the decor you understand)

All I said was something about her watching her step when jumping in heels..... and we hit it off instantly!

Okay it’s no big secret I’m a goofball and to a degree I use humour to strike up a conversation because I get very nervous when meeting new people. With Potential lovers ? Even more so. I don’t know why because I’m often wondering why I was afterwards when I’m lying there cuddling my lover protecting them in that state of vulnerability.

I guess it the same old thing where you think you won’t be a dynamo in the sack or you think your partner is out of your league. Believe it or not I lack in self confidence a lot and it can cripple me socially and emotionally. Then Aspergers waves “hello” and adds its slant on proceedings.....

With humour you take the edge off and I find it helps relax the situation. It’ sometimes fails but that’s life I guess.

Okay so the beach thing was in the afternoon. I’m not very well can’t go too far thanks to puke lasso keeping me within leaping distance of a bathroom. I logged on to take my mind off it and it so worked ! lol

I logged off, took a break, took care of some RL stuff, played drums, sourced music from a second hand music store... then logged back on later that evening.

I got invited to a 3dx wedding and ended up having possibly a little too much fun for a man of my age. If however I would’ve died, I would’ve done so with a smile on my face and trust me, they wouldn’t have been able to close the coffin lid 😁

So, I got introduced and then my date said “they don’t have a DJ for the reception, you want in?” I was more than happy to spin but it’s a wedding and I don’t want to tread on toes but I ask and my offer is accepted.

Without a doubt, it became a night I shall never forget. Mostly for the fact I discovered I can RP and at the same time pull in a track from source, convert it and add it to play list! Multi tasking like a boss! And she didn’t notice!

I’m kidding!

I spent the night with a fantastic bunch of people, one special lady in particular utterly blew my mind. Im learning things about me that I thought I couldn’t embrace or be comfortable with. It’s a little scary but in a good way with any new experience. I lost track of time and I was totally lost in the moment. The world around us seemed to stop and we just didn’t care.

I won’t go into details, there are far sexier diaries with for more sexier content. Suffice to say minds were blown as well as loads. Hahahaha..... yeah, I went there, deal with it. 🤪

I’m taking a few days away from game to try and sort out some health issues. Extreme nausea as a side effect can really kick your libido in the bollocks and I’m in danger of being a miserable twat in WC so I’ll take my leave, acclimatise to the meds and be rip roaring ready to go for the BDS Metal gig on Friday.

I’m also planning to open to test some map changes this week if I’m well enough. Maybe spin a bit of everything and take requests if anyone actually shows up. Just happy to have a few friends around and if a party ensues, great!

Okay it’s 10:44 and I’m overdue a coffee. Hoping I can keep this down because I really need to wake the hell up!

TaTa for now you lovely people.
Mike X
  • Vaughan_Rarius, SusanLouisa and xSweetMiseryx like this

#125 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

Hello, greetings and salutations to all
(Yes, even you :P...)

So this entry is going to go back to drum geekiness. Today I’m gonna talk about a true stalwart and in my opinion overlooked and over shadowed player which will become obvious...

Roger Taylor

Whaddya mean who?

We will rock you.... Freddie is leading the crowd but Roger’s feeding them with every “Dum Dum Cha!”

Some say he’s a simplistic player and isn’t really up there with the greats but that’s the “greatest hits” listener talking.

Listen to any Queen album in its entirety and his solo albums (he was the first in the band to work on a solo project, long before Freddie) and you will hear some of the most innovative, diverse, passionate and downright powerful drumming and singing ever performed.

Apart from the obvious tracks I’ll list off a couple that showcase this mans true talent in my humble opinion.

I’m in love with my car
Sleeping on the sidewalk (great shuffling)
More of that jazz
Who needs you
Happiness
A nation of haircuts
Nazis 1994
(one of the best protest/anti facsim songs ever written)

I could go on and on but I realised Id inadvertently included his work in the Queen songs I posted so I thought I’d give him a shout out in my diary.

I was lucky enough to see Queen in 1987 as a gift. To this day it remains the most entertaining performance in my life, and I’ve seen Kiss live!

Many artists make you feel like you’re a part of the show. Freddie and the boys made you feel like you part of the band.

So, I guess it’s that time where I pick out my favourite RT performance and heck it was a tough choice but I have to say it’s this track

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Nekos and Futas,

I give you....
Queen - More of that jazz written by the man himself on lead vocals.

Take care and I’ll see you all soon 🙂
  • Vaughan_Rarius likes this

#126 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:15 AM

Hello you lovely people!

I hope you are all well, having fun and having a great weekend.

Me?

Very well indeed thank you!

I’m still being treated for a chest infection that got a little complicated but I’m much better and almost back to full health.

It’s been another week of new experiences, time to reflect on the past and another week of growing up.

Okay so where to start first.
It’s the 3rd anniversary of the BDSMetal gang in 3DX. The guys that let me start my career as a virtual DJ and goofball. It’s all their fault you can still hear me! lol. The celebration is taking place over the weekend and due to the server issues room access was limited. I had my room loaded and volunteerd seeing as they asked me play ok Sunday. A fantastic s night was had by all and I got to hear and organise some great DJ talent. Some I knew well and others I hadn’t but all of them delivered fantastic sets.

It’s my turn to play tomorrow night for an hour from 9PM UTC and I’m really looking forward to it! I’m in good company! Some of what’s been planned truly shows the spirit of sheer fun you can have without exchanging bodily fluids!

So what else has been going on?

Well, I did something that I thought I was never Bothered with due to a bad experience when I first joined the game. I was invited to join in on some fun with a great friend and wow! Just wow! Another metaphorical shackle broken and with 2 wonderful people! I won’t go into detail. All I will say is that I was able to fulfil someone’s desire and have mine fulfilled. It’s events such as these that show you how fantastic it can be. I wish I was doing this 2 years ago rather than walk around with my nose in the air like some pious priest.

As a result of my lossening up I’m having way more fun. I’m learning about myself and exploring avenues of my sexuality with some fantastic people. What’s caught me off guard is being approached rather having to make the first move. I know it’s virtual but still, being made to feel desireable..... Love it!

As I said it’s been a time to reflect. It’s been 2 years and it’s not always been good. I haven’t always been good and if that’s impacted you dear reader? I’m sorry and if we’re not on speaking terms, come say hi. Recent events have reminded me we’re not here forever and that time is indeed precious.

Take care, be happy and I’ll catch you all soon. :)
  • Felia, chloe, Vaughan_Rarius and 1 other like this

#127 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:41 AM

Good for you.

• Vaughan_Rarius likes this

#128 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Hello there :)

Another weekend flown by, a long one for me with a day’s leave yesterday and still flew by. We’re hurtling through February, the month we like to say “About bloody time! Good to see ya! Now where’s March?” to.

A fun weekend with hosting a collaborative event for the first time on Saturday, DJing on Sunday and taking delivery of new drum gadjets to expand my repertoire.

Let’s get the drum geekiness out of the way shall we?
I’ve been asked to provide some backup percussion to a funk and soul band. Ideally I’d love to be the drummer, a good friend of mine has that gig and she’s nothing short of magnificent to watch as a player. To play as her percussionist.... where do I sign up?

Okay, so I was asked to provide Latin percussion, a cajon and maybe some Indian tabla.

Great! World percussion playing! Love it! Anything so long I keep the beat and shuffle feet!

The problem.

As with my earlier post about double kick playing I don’t have space for what will be a lot of kit. Incidentally, the double kick thing went okay by the way! I was bloody knackered afterwards but I was described as “a heavy fucking metal steam train” so that’s me feeling accomplished! :)

Here’s a typical LP setup:
5bdcce3ef77f0ec718a573e324edd7c0.jpg

So with this on mind and weighing up the cost I decided to invest once again into electronics. Now I have solutions with sampling and percussion pads but they’re stick based and you can’t get that proper “hands on feel”.

I research and after some debate with a few of my fellow players the same piece of kit kept being mentioned and it’s this:

The Roland HPD-20 Handsonic Percussion pad system.
preview.jpg

Now it’s not cheap, Roland kit never is but what you get for your money is for me arguably the best electronic solution you can buy. All my electronic gear is Roland and it helps that I know someone who works in the UK factory which is literally down the road from where I work. Yeah I’m biased because I can get discount but it’s not much and still, Roland are for my money and experience the best.

So this pad does it all, multiple pads all velocity sensitive like the real thing. A nifty little sensor you can wave you hand over for other cool effects or starting/ stopping patterns etc. I can prerecord a basic beat and play over it, even import MP3 and play along. Fantastic!

I’m a bit rusty but was able to play along to some Cuban Salsa, Blur’s “Tender” and this:

I’ve dreamed of playing this live and I might get the chance!
I don’t care what anyone says, it’s one of my favourite dance numbers of all time and I defy anyone not to involuntarily move at least one limb! Infectious or what!?

As for the rest of my weekend, Rugby on TV with some freinds around to watch then hosting for BDSMetal on Saturday and then DJing for them on Sunday.

What a blast! I pulled out al the stops and went back to drops and tracks I played when I started DJing in 3DX. I had a fantastic time and I hope to continue during my time or what’s left of it. At this rate I may even re sub but I hope the drumming and percussion gets more and more of my time. It’s fun, it’s excercise and I may just get laid for real lol.

I’ll open up my place more often now it’s had it’s official opening and approval. I’m not a great builder but it’s good to know my efforts are appreciated :)

Oh Wales best Italy in the Rugby, next week we face the old enemy, England!

Well, that’s it for now.
Have a great week, stay safe, be lucky and I’ll catch you all soon.

Smoke me a kipper! I’ll be back for breakfast!
  • Felia, chloe, Xandisweet and 1 other like this

#129 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

Wotcha 3dx.

Well it’s Valentine’s Day and...... wait for it........ I actually have an RL date!

I heard that!

Well, It might not be the best place to discuss it but it’s my diary, my rules (subject to TOS) and well I’m one anxious and very excited bloke.

On Valentine’s Day!

Hahahaha!

Okay not much going to pass my lips right now but as for later..... lol I’m not expecting anything. It was nice but just to be asked and after a giggle seeing that smile on her face? How could I refuse?

I’m going to play it old school so I’ve spoken to a friend who owns a tapas bar. Not very romantic granted but I asked and she said “love Spanish food” and I called in a favour.

In fact the owners first words after “Hey man how are you and where the fuck have you been?” were:

“ A table for two on Valentine’s for you ? You have a plus one and it’s a date right?”

“ Yes you cheeky twat! Can you help me or is it gonna be happy meals for 2?”

“Yes! It’s yours! Oh and Mike? About fucking time! At this rate we’ll win the six nations this year”

What she doesn’t know is. The owner can play a Guitar like a boss, he’s the Jose Feliciano of the South Wales restraunteur fraternity. He’s gonna play a flamenco version of the doors “light my fire” (he doesn’t know who tenacious d are and subsequently “fuck her gently” isn’t in his repertoire, flamenco style or otherwise)

Too much for a first date?

Well if I had only just met her yes.

However.

Ive worked with this lady for a few years and about 2 years ago we had to work away in the same office. We went out had something to eat in a tapas place and “light my fire came on over the stereo. Remember those kids? Analogue for ya!

We both share a love of Jose Feliciano. My mother had his collection on vinyl and I inherited it but it was in storage. So we got taking and flirted outrageously. It was fun and harmless and she at the time in a relationship.

Nothing happened, I was working away a lot and her career was going stratospheric. I thought I’d never see her again until she came to my current office location and thought I’d left.

We talked she told me she was staying nearby and was gonna order room service later and sink a few Gins, the usual corporate night for distance working.

So I say as a joke “Well come back to mine, I’ll dig out some Jose, I’ll whip up some basic tapas and we can bitch about Valentine’s Day!

I laughed, looked down and shook my head in disbelief I’d just said that.

Her smile...... I caught it and her gaze and I could see.

“We could go to a restraunt, you know anywhere good here?”

“I know a guy I’ll make a few a calls”

I’m still goofing here because I know she’s serious and I’m fucking nervous.

She looks at me and says, “see you later then? At the hotel?”

My brain is like “ okay...... you got this...... do NOT fuck this up!”

I call my friend. we talk I book up.

Excited and anxious doesn’t cover it.

Wish me luck! :)

Oh and here’s some Jose for ya!

• Caren, Xandisweet and SusanLouisa like this

#130 Lilcal

Lilcal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Good luck Mikey!
  • MikeyDee likes this

#131 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

Good luck Mikey!

Thank you sweet lady 😘

#132 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Wanna hear every detail!! Let me live vicariously through you, as I did not make any effort towards a date for today. Will be spending it with my friend who's girlfriend has earned doghouse status. 😂 mwah! Love yas
  • MikeyDee likes this

#133 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Wanna hear every detail!! Let me live vicariously through you, as I did not make any effort towards a date for today. Will be spending it with my friend who's girlfriend has earned doghouse status. 😂 mwah! Love yas

Hahah
You’ll get the pre watershed edition with no more than PG rated references young lady! 😁🤪🤗😘

Hope she gets out the kennel soon unless that’s some questionable RP in the offing...... muahahaha

Love ya too sweetie x
  • Xandisweet likes this

#134 Lilcal

Lilcal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

Happy Valentine's day to both of ya! I'm staying home..cooking dinner. NY steaks..crab legs and seared Tuna. Welcome to come be my date Sandy!
  • MikeyDee and Xandisweet like this

#135 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:23 PM

Happy Valentine's day to both of ya! I'm staying home..cooking dinner. NY steaks..crab legs and seared Tuna. Welcome to come be my date Sandy!

Sounds delicious! On my way!!!
  • Lilcal and MikeyDee like this

#136 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

Well......

A night I will never ever forget. Had it not been for other commitments we’d still on that date and I wouldn’t be updating this so early on a Saturday morning. I’m doing so because I want to record this in diary format while I’m still in the moment.

Once the initial nerves were addressed on my part. It was like we’d never parted company and we were still on that night out 2 years ago.

We talked about good and bad, we reflected, we laughed and we flirted. We held hands over the table. Then, after we’d finished eating, the owner came over with a bottle of his finest Rioja and said “on the house, you’ll need a drink for what’s coming up!” J looks at me. The bar’s stereo falls silent and a guitar starts singing a song I asked for. I tell J “oh he does this regularly. He loves entertaining his guests, he does requests too. Ive asked for 2 of my favourites”

He starts playing “classical gas” by the bar. Now I adore that track and I catch his gaze and he winks at me. The song finishes and we all applaud him. “Light my fire” starts up and J almost has a fit of joy. “Oh I ADORE this song!”

“Yeah I know, much better than listening to the recording at my place eh?”

J laughs and says, “mmmmmm that’s a toughie”

The owner nods at a waiter, the house lights dim. The waiter comes over to us with a candle and a rose and lights the candle and places the rose by my glass.

I wink at J and say “I think he fancies me!”

She laughs and says “well you are the hottest security analyst this side of the Severn bridge!”

“Oh I’m just a regional hottie am I? And here I am with the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met! Looks like I’m out my league!”

The owner slowly walks over and she see it and looks at me. I’m smiling as I take her hand, place the rose in my mouth and do the suggestive eyebrow wiggle thing. I stop and I say. “This song is from me to you. Ever since I’ve known you, you have been nothing but amazing. This is only a small token of my appreciation. Will you be my valentine?”

I hand her the rose.

The next thing I can recall after a very long deep exchange of gazing and hand holding was a foot gently rubbing my calf and J looking at me with that “ you’re so gonna get laid!” grin.

The song is still playing and I decide to throw caution to the wind. I get up, I reach for her hand and invite her to dance. I didn’t care that by this time we’d stopped the bar in its tracks but I had to dance with this stunning woman.

We didn’t kiss despite shouts from other guests. I wanted to but we just danced and exchange a few suggestions as to what we were going to do back at the hotel.

And that..... is where I leave this chapter. I could describe in detail how beautiful, how passionate, how intense and how down right filthy we were. I’m a gentleman and I shall not divulge any more.

Yes we’re going to date again. If it wasn’t for stuff this weekend we’d be house bound, naked and very very tired but very very happy and satisfied.
  • chloe, Caren, Lilcal and 3 others like this

#137 SusanLouisa

SusanLouisa

MrsBrandiWineRarius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • LocationBlowing Bubbles

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Yay YOU!!!  

• MikeyDee likes this

#138 Lilcal

Lilcal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Yaay Mikey! So glad it was a good time
  • MikeyDee likes this

#139 Xandisweet

Xandisweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Aww this is the kind of stuff I LOVE reading.
  • MikeyDee likes this

#140 MikeyDee

MikeyDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:11 PM

Sounds delicious! On my way!!!

So.......was food exchanged for nipple licks? 😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users