3DXChat Community

Graphics DownGrade is real.

Alliehotass

Wilps I'm now very disappointed with this update. Altho Default locations seem to be ok and as they were, world Editor created rooms have degraded.

Now ah know why we were given these lights to illuminate everyting coz what we have lost with this latest so called upgrade.

Pre Patch                                               Post Patch

post-11033-0-37763200-1520551957_thumb.png

Ive discovered on entering mah World ah created and havnt been in there since Pre Patch that things look BAD!

We have lost the option altho the box is still there, for Multiple Lights, selecting or deselecting does virtually nothing except for the light cubes. Surfaces have lost their detailed reflections as seen in the pics above. Adding this extra light prop addon is the only way to illuminate things now but we also get one huge light spot reflecting off every surface which looks terribads. The shiney surfaces still don't reflect hardly anyting so this is def one Graphical Downgrade in mah book.

The "Emission" Material is now directly affected by tha time of day. When the Night is selected any object with this material now turns off eets illuminating effect, to turn eet on you have to select any other time of day with scalable affects to how much this material actually glows now. Try for yourself. So if you relied on the Emission Material for effects in a Night setting forget eet they wont work so you have to change the time of day to get them them to glow and hence ruin your Night World you were trying to make. White objects will turn black at night and require a time of day change to make them white again.

Using the new Light Prop adds Huge Light Spots and looks silly, messy and totally a backwards step to what we had, a bandaid is what ah tinks.

The spot lights don't work now and most light emitting prop is junk. We may have Quantity of Worlds but tha Quality is less, id rather quality sorry.

Mah World ah have built looks totally different now and basically ah wont be able to get eet back to what eet was due to adding these illuminating light props that is tha only way to light things up now as any other light prop does nothing, these new lights add a huge ass spot reflection everywhere and using more than one increases this problem where tings are over powered with the illumination spot.

Why is eet everytime we get a so called update we slide downhill on tings that were really good. Id rather they scrap this scalable night n day if they couldn't simply make nights a little darker with out destroying what we had.  

And don't make out I'm just complaining, tha fact is we have lost quality in Graphics with this WE and anyone taking a proper look will come to the same conclusions. 

Ive lost interest in building now and that was a big part of mah game, owells shame they ruined what was very nice and now we have a sub par Graphics in World Editor compared to the rest of the game which is the Default locals. Mah view is do eet right or don't bother changing anyting.

I'm also wondering if this 3X tha performance we got isn't from re working Code but tha downgrade in all reflections and other Graphical Quality that got murdered with this latest idea and update. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

What a shambles. 

These are tings ive discovered thru playing around in Editor and ah am open to anyone telling me I'm wrong or fixes but at tha moment I'm a bit disappointed.

It is possible to return back to pre patch by reinstalling the game ?

Think you will have same problem even if you could find older version as with some other patches, that you will mostly end on empty server with no rooms or people around. Not sure what to say think some things graphic with new patch is better and other slightly worse.

Dont blame lighting. It has improved last patch drastically, allowing really nice visual effects. Problem with your room appeared because you didnt put any lights there, just like most of people here. Their rooms were looking very bad with pale avi skin and completely relying on auto-level of lighting provided by game. Now you have to learn to use lights, that's sad, but it's basics of 3D-modelling, you better learn it.

Emission materials work just the same way they used to pre-patch. Glowing surface not actuailly emitting anything (they dont cast shadows and have nearly no effect on surrounding surfaces), unaffected by shadows.

Dont blame lighting. It has improved last patch drastically, allowing really nice visual effects. Problem with your room appeared because you didnt put any lights there, just like most of people here. Their rooms were looking very bad with pale avi skin and completely relying on auto-level of lighting provided by game. Now you have to learn to use lights, that's sad, but it's basics of 3D-modelling, you better learn it.

Emission materials work just the same way they used to pre-patch. Glowing surface not actuailly emitting anything (they dont cast shadows and have nearly no effect on surrounding surfaces), unaffected by shadows.

knowledge dropped, embrace it. 

post-7313-0-68201700-1521165915_thumb.jpgpost-7313-0-58564700-1521165903_thumb.jpgI have a question! Are anyone else's shadows blue?

After the lighting update, all the shadows look blue unless you increase lighting to blazing!
White objects show it the most but any object color has it.

If a room has no light during the daylight choices it still looks blue but even adding lights to the room doesn't eliminate it completely.

Also, adding 5 or 6 of the new "Light Bulb" lighting features seems to start giving me some lag in the game.
I know I was on the edge anyway but the more you add the worse it seems to be!

Am I wrong on the lag problem or is it just me?

First it isnt dark enough, now that its dark its not enough light. :rolleyes:

There's just no pleasing some people.  :P 

I like the new lighting a lot better because it can be as dark as you want it. My only issue is I downloaded a nice build that has no lights in some of the rooms and now I have to figure out how to get lights there. :)

Mah main issue isn't with Lighting. The first pic is how eet was pre patch, a room that was largely reliant on REFLECTIONS not lighting. Seeing as the surface quality of that particular material has been downgraded the effect is not able to be duplicated with the new Light Prop.

Ah know how to use lights to create lighting effects without tha use of spotlights and these new prop lights because the light from the time of day even at night had this affect to a degree, now night doesn't. So eets true tha use of these new light props is tha only way but now you get big round light reflections that are not very subtle.

Ah don't know tha effects you have attained ah have never seen one of your rooms, not that ah remembs, but if you are attaining lush lighting at night in your interiors id like to see seeing as you seem to know a lot more than I on this subject.

Reflections on that particular Material are low rez compared to pre patch seen in tha pics. Lighting doesn't affect reflective qualities of a surface.

So yes Graphics have been down graded, some surface qualities don't reflect like they did and that's fact.

Then again some of you maybe building far different to me so you might not even realize tha changes and some peeps here commenting don't even build rooms so ah dunno how they know anyting on tha subject ROFL.

knowledge dropped, embrace it. 

LOL what eva ya say.

First it isnt dark enough, now that its dark its not enough light. :rolleyes:

A little more complex than that :)

There's just no pleasing some people.  :P 

I like the new lighting a lot better because it can be as dark as you want it. My only issue is I downloaded a nice build that has no lights in some of the rooms and now I have to figure out how to get lights there. :)

You peeps need to learn to read seriously ROFL

attachicon.gif BlueHue2.jpgattachicon.gifBlueHue1.jpgI have a question! Are anyone else's shadows blue?

After the lighting update, all the shadows look blue unless you increase lighting to blazing!

White objects show it the most but any object color has it.

If a room has no light during the daylight choices it still looks blue but even adding lights to the room doesn't eliminate it completely.

Also, adding 5 or 6 of the new "Light Bulb" lighting features seems to start giving me some lag in the game.

I know I was on the edge anyway but the more you add the worse it seems to be!

Am I wrong on the lag problem or is it just me?

I'm not sure about tha lag as ah havnt started adding enough of these new light props yet. Also with these props you get a big reflection from them that is blinding sometimes that washes out any subtle effects you have else where. Maybe playing with color intensity settings and size may change this to get some kind of balance but sofar ah see these big ass reflections in most rooms that use them.

Probably bcause mostly 99% of players install the latest patch version. It's like asking for playing the 3dxchat V.1 alone .Sorry, thought it was possible to do so

Ah have every version of 3DX all the way back to 1.0 and able to play each. So ah can go back and compare lighting, reflections and graphic quality from each version and see tha differences. Ah wonder who else here can also do tha same. Incremental changes over time are not noticed but if you have a direct comparison eets easy to see tha differences. Human memory is flawed and ah take any instances of that with a pinch of salt. 

If you want to keep previous versions of tha game then on installation create a New Game folder with a different name and tha previous version will be left untouched and still playable but of course with no other peeps on tha server.

It takes some time to work out how to get the lighting right, its been nearly 2 weeks and I'm still learning new tricks with it.

Adjusting the main map ambience lighting in small increments, and all the adjustments possible on the new lighting tool, the size, brightness and colour all play a part in finding the right setting you're after.

It's not a downgrade by any stretch, its so much more powerful that what we had, the ability to have tiny bits of light to anywhere in the room from the direction we can dictate is awesome.

Heres an old shack Im working on, being able to get a soft glow from the vents on the potbelly stove, and the candle effect beside the bed is so nice.

post-14658-0-08682000-1521216624_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-43017600-1521217090_thumb.jpg

It takes some time to work out how to get the lighting right, its been nearly 2 weeks and I'm still learning new tricks with it.

Adjusting the main map ambience lighting in small increments, and all the adjustments possible on the new lighting tool, the size, brightness and colour all play a part in finding the right setting you're after.

It's not a downgrade by any stretch, its so much more powerful that what we had, the ability to have tiny bits of light to anywhere in the room from the direction we can dictate is awesome.

Heres an old shack Im working on, being able to get a soft glow from the vents on the potbelly stove, and the candle effect beside the bed is so nice.

Ah totally agree with you on tha lighting aspect and tha fine tuning needed BUT no one has addressed tha reflective quality of surfaces issue and ah know why, because you all know eets real and don't want to admit eets ROFL. Eeet must be this or you peeps cannot read entire sentences and digest them because ah have explained tha downgrade twice yet you all go on about tha lighting and how many more options we have, agreed on this argument and obviously tha fine tuning eet will take but Graphical Downgrading has happened and if you all care about eet or not eets happened.

This isn't a personal attack so don't tink of eet this way but ah can only explain tings and if everyone keeps saying "oh tha lighting is so much better now" then you are all just being total optimists or willfully ignorant.

Ill make eet really simple, The Lighting maybe better with a lot of playing around especially to get rid of tha huge ass reflective spots given off by tha new light prop, BUT tha reflective qualities of certain surfaces/materials has been downgraded so that these light effects are pretty much only seen from tha source , tha huge light spot and not much else, tha much else being a low rez highly undetailed reflection in a previously highly reflective surface/material.

​Look for yaselves and if ya can prove me wrong go ahead coz ah sure can prove what I'm talking abouts Meeps! :P

BUT no one has addressed the reflective quality of surfaces issue and ah know why, because you all know eets real and don't want to admit eets ROFL. 

That's a bit of a stretch, Allie. I can't speak for the others, but its probably more to do with not using too many reflective surfaces because it one of the biggest lag causes in this engine, as well as it does it horribly, reflecting things 50 meters away, and most tend to use as little as possible in their builds to keep it under control? I use it sparingly so I've not noticed what you speak of.

I do know that everything changed, and the way your existing rooms changed, and the way you build now is all totally different. They may have altered it as you say, but Its not caused me any problems, and judging by some responses in this thread, it hasn't bothered some others as well. 

If it was changed as you say, it may have been done to help with the crashing so many were experiencing prior to that last update as well as the performance, and if so, we'll just have to live with it and work with what you have.

That's a bit of a stretch, Allie. I can't speak for the others, but its probably more to do with not using too many reflective surfaces because it one of the biggest lag causes in this engine, as well as it does it horribly, reflecting things 50 meters away, and most tend to use as little as possible in their builds to keep it under control? I use it sparingly so I've not noticed what you speak of.

I do know that everything changed, and the way your existing rooms changed, and the way you build now is all totally different. They may have altered it as you say, but Its not caused me any problems, and judging by some responses in this thread, it hasn't bothered some others as well. 

If it was changed as you say, it may have been done to help with the crashing so many were experiencing prior to that last update as well as the performance, and if so, we'll just have to live with it and work with what you have.

Do you know what reflective surface qualities are? By your answer ah dun think so. Eets ok ya right we got what we got but that doesn't mean things weren't degraded, others "have" noticed eet but that's if ya know what ya lookin at. If ah took your mirror from home and ruined tha surface like sand papering eet, so when ya looked at ya lovely self tha reflection was diminished obviously, this is what I'm talking abouts. Anyways I'm guessing the 3X performance we gained was because of this very reason as you hinted to, degrading tha Graphics which again supports mah claims. Tanx XD