3DXChat Community

3dxchat Update Fequency

Keely Kat

Off and On, I have been here for almost 5 years now, and with each new update comes the brief explosion of happiness or unhappiness depending on whats in it and if it satisfies that which you want.  Most of us find something to complain about.  Its human nature i think.

For those who clamor for the next update while the latest one is but minutes old, I have some advice based on my experience here, be patient.  Over the years, I can tell you that updates are not numerous or often.  In fact, i actually told a friend this update would be coming out in March.  How did I know? Not because I have some inside scoop, but because the developers follow a fairly consistent and reliable pattern of release.

We will get 3-5 updates every year.  You can almost count on one in every quarter of the year.  So the below schedule might at least give you some idea of when to expect them, but this schedule is NOT OFFICIAL:

Q1 Update (JAN/FEB/MAR): MARCH 

Q2 Update (APR/MAY/JUN): JUNE

Q3 Update (JUL/AUG/SEP): SEPTEMBER

Q4 Update (OCT/NOV/DEC): DECEMBER

This is only a guideline.  There have been extra updates here or there and I remember a couple years back we had like 3 updates all year.  A small fix update does not count.  The list above only addresses when i think the major updates will come.

Can the developers still decide to shower us with another update this month?  Sure, and that would be something to get really excited about because that would be unusual.  For me, I now know that more than likely the next update will come in mid-to-late Q2.  So we will be complaining or heralding the next update when the weather is warm for us Northies!

So like I said...be patient because though there may be another update SURPRISE between now and June...I wouldn't count on it.  And, if Q2 comes and goes with no update, dont blame me.  This isnt scientific at all but just something based on my experience here. 

Interesting analysis. Thanks to the World Editor update all players have a powerful tool for creating their own location. And also everyone got constant updates of game locations. Every day we go into the game and every time we are surprised at the new worlds that are created by the players. It is very cool!

But this is a sex game, you will say and you will be right. We are now considering the possibility of creating something that will produce another revolution in the game!  B)  :ph34r:

Gizmo, your response is concerning. I’m not a builder. I may do it for fun in my spare time but it’s not something I’m skilled at nor have the time to devote to. Hats off to those who can manage. Getting back to my point, seems like our updates are those things created by users who are not compensated for their talent or work? *hmm. Insert thinking emoji* So this new world that you are tinkering with, one has to wonder if it is something that puts the updates in the hands of the users. Which, a lot of people don’t want to share their creations in order to keep a certain uniqueness.

Leaving updates up to your customers creates a marketplace. It may not be within game but you are creating one.

Interesting analysis. Thanks to the World Editor update all players have a powerful tool for creating their own location. And also everyone got constant updates of game locations. Every day we go into the game and every time we are surprised at the new worlds that are created by the players. It is very cool!

But this is a sex game, you will say and you will be right. We are now considering the possibility of creating something that will produce another revolution in the game!  B)  :ph34r:

how about new poses? especially BDSM? ;) :) :P

i believe Gizmo gave us all  little hint...mentioning that its a sex game followed by a revolution...i cant imagine they are planning on turning away from its intent but instead doubling down because, lets face it, the sexual aspect of this game, its good graphics and the social aspect allow them to control a niche that others arent anywhere close to.  

I'll be spending the time between updates building, playing and socializing and absolutely having sex.  

Hi Gizmo .... "But this is a sex game, you will say and you will be right. We are now considering the possibility of creating something that will produce another revolution in the game!" ---> Hmmm ... I gotta say, "considering the possibility" includes not one, but TWO nebulous qualifiers. I am reminded of an old 80's song, "Naked Eyes - Promises, Promises".

You made me promises promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises promises
Why do I believe

I haven't logged in today yet ... is the "client crashing every couple of hours" bug fixed? If so, I'll (reluctantly) call the update a success. ;)

Gizmo, you write numer 1 sex game in the world in your webpage is that a joke ?

You give 2 sex poses per year lol wtf you should check the frequency of the updates in other sex games and its really less expensive

Honestly the only good thing you could do here is give us the tool to create sex poses. We will make them Ours lf, czuse if we need to wait 1 year betwern every sex poses lol how to say... you see what i mean

Cordially.

Honestly the only good thing you could do here is give us the tool to create sex poses. We will make them Ours lf, czuse if we need to wait 1 year betwern every sex poses lol how to say... you see what i mean

I don't think that a built in pose editor would even be necessary or the best way to go. All they need to do is provide the male and female models and a way to upload the new animations back into the game. People could make new animation files then in an external program which will be way better then anything that can be added to the game itself. There are plenty of program like that blender for example which is free.

I actually like the idea of some sort of "in game poses editor/creator" where you can make a pose between 2 models, I'd love to contribute the time and work on a pose/animation maker by the game, how about something similar to the world editor, and when you upload your poses or the ones you made, they get tested by the devs and be confirmed and added to the game if they appear fitting and working properly, with some special edits by them to make it more realistic, if they work all fine.

That will totally sort the lack of sexual content and give people the chance to create what they really desire, but we can only dream for that to happen.

Gizmo, you write numer 1 sex game in the world in your webpage is that a joke ?

You give 2 sex poses per year lol wtf you should check the frequency of the updates in other sex games and its really less expensive

Cordially.

no sex poses for you Mr. Pervert :P

Gizmo, your response is concerning. I’m not a builder. I may do it for fun in my spare time but it’s not something I’m skilled at nor have the time to devote to. Hats off to those who can manage. Getting back to my point, seems like our updates are those things created by users who are not compensated for their talent or work? *hmm. Insert thinking emoji* So this new world that you are tinkering with, one has to wonder if it is something that puts the updates in the hands of the users. Which, a lot of people don’t want to share their creations in order to keep a certain uniqueness.

Leaving updates up to your customers creates a marketplace. It may not be within game but you are creating one.

yep, sex pose editor is coming

I personally don't really think that's the case though. It seems to me that the only games which have a market are ones where the developers make one as part of the game. If the EULA doesn't allow for it I don't think that a real market for real money will exist since its quite easy to sent a cease and desist letter to a web host and have anything that's open taken down. It will simply be a game in which modding is allowed that seems to be the case with every other game that allows people to add content but has no built in market. I think that's especially true if the editors are only for room content and poses really are kind of room content since they are tied to objects in the rooms.

^^I was referring more to the skilled versus the non-skilled. For example, I needed a club build for NYE. I was willing to pay but no one ever DM’d so I made due with a modded build of something given to me. It was lovely but I had wanted a club. I’ve seen that idea float around. I’ve seen shared things be uploaded to a web site for easy access. So I do wonder if the creative users will create amazing poses and those without the ability might be willing to pay for them. It’s not an in game marketplace per se but a user created one.

I’m also of the mind that if users are going to be creating content which reduces the amount of official updates then the cost should be lowered. As I simply don’t think 3DX has the monopoly on graphics anymore.

Hey there !

Let me first state that I love the update and especially the trenchcoat, although I'm less into cars than into clothing.

But with the trenchcoat that was added, developers should realize they risk to start another polemic... layer numbers !

I love the trenchcoat and for a sex game it is indeed fun to strip the coat and have only lingerie under.

But for those who just want to socialize, there's too few layers to wear the coat, a dress and underwear.

Or maybe that's part of Gizmo's surprise for June ??? :P

• 4 weeks later...