3DXChat Community

A super annoying glitch/bug in the World editor..

Leathium

Thanks! I did not manage to destroy this keyboard and catch the bug, but I believe that the problem is related to accuracy of position values.

In the next patch I will increase the accuracy and I ask you to check this bug after the release of 373 patch.

It really shows up when the values are short and objects are small, or with the color... I have been using notepad++ with the compare plugin and its quite easy to see the changes. What seems to happen is every time you save it slowly changes the value it really stands out when there are only a few digits like in the example below in which values are two digits long. 

one_Box_Two.png

The reason for the problem was the rounding of very small values. In the next patch this problem will be fixed.

Right now the values are saved as (int) = (float) * 10000, which introduces a rounding error every time the file is saved/loaded.

Why not just write raw float values you get from Unity? Json serializer can read/write them just fine, and you can always code a simple custom serializer if you wish to fix values to a specific precision.

• 1 month later...

Right now the values are saved as (int) = (float) * 10000, which introduces a rounding error every time the file is saved/loaded.

Why not just write raw float values you get from Unity? Json serializer can read/write them just fine, and you can always code a simple custom serializer if you wish to fix values to a specific precision.

a r e y o u s u r e a b o u t t h a t

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, ArisGabriel said:

Everything works fine ... don;t give up it is possible to work with small objects ... maybe you should try again

ChairExemple.jpg

Aris, this is a very old post youre replying to, that bug was fixed a long time ago. :P