3DXChat Community

Clarification please

Guest ameliaUK

Guest ameliaUK

Can we please have some clarification from the devs/mods please about what topics are allowed on forum to be discussed? I understand there are ToS which are interpreted by people differently, and the deletion of some threads but not others suggests the rules aren't understood by users or applied by the mods.

I'm sure this would help to avoid the very obvious conclusion that certain people get threads pulled just because they don't like them.

Guest ameliaUK

Then why are some topics allowed and not others, even if they 'break' these rules?

I'm not discussing admin actions, just the rules that precede those actions.

It is interesting how some people are able to quote from the TOS yet they don't exactly jump out at you when you go looking - I had a nose just now and drew a blank before deciding life's too short.

Anybody have a direct link to them?

Guest ameliaUK

number one, paying respects to someone isnt against the tos. the fact that he was a preacher means nothing. If someone pays respects to a singer and that singer was a known drug user, does that mean the thread was about drug use? of course it doesnt.  

I can tell you 100 percent from my time here if you start a topic discussing a nations flaws or otherwise, it will be removed. If i started a thread called why the UK cant even get brexit right, would it be removed, of course it would. 

I would be very happy if you would start such a thread and I will 100% agree with you on that :)

Guest ameliaUK

Found this:-

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

Yes but that's conveniently ignored when it matters, like DaddysGirl's suggestion that we have mental issues.

Who called you a pig? I didn't I called you an oik and a scrote. Anyway you confirmed my view that you now want a he said it first, no she did thing. I think anybody who has read any threads where you, and your funny little friends, have attacked someone know what came first.

You have a routine you use, everytime. When you see it it's blindingly obvious.

Guest ameliaUK

What is clear from recent threads - and I'm not apportioning blame to anyone here - and I also know this was discussed previously elsewhere - but it's clear that if the OP could moderate threads that would help keep things focused and avoid the tantrums and slanging matches.

I know that might go against the concept of a balanced discussion, but there is no discussion to be had when some users deliberately set out to derail threads or win moral victories over people they hate.

I thought I'd link to this

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6260-forums/page-4Post # 64

"What we are seeing here is a small group of people deliberately derailing threads, often by misconstruing what the original poster says, then causing such a drama that the mods have no alternative but to delete the whole thread when one of the people derailing the thread complains. When someone stands up for themselves and loses their rag the people derailing the thread use that as a chance to get that person banned, sometimes permantently."

Not that I'm that keen on quoting myself.

I think it's a good answer to why other peoples threads get deleted. You also make sure yoru most obnoxious spoutings appear in the threads you want to get deleted.

As I say, it's so obvious when you see it.

No user in any capacity has the power to have posts or threads removed the only power a user has is the tools given, report and ignore.  It's reported and the Devs decide from there.  It's clear that they don't care if it's one page or 100 on a thread.  If they feel it violates the rules they remove it.  If you don't like what the Devs do the Devs could tell you don't use the forum, don't post, don't like. 

Mansplaining (a blend of the word man and the informal form splaining of the verb explaining) means "to explain something to someone, characteristically by a man to woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing

It's not difficult to understand the Users on this forum same as in game have nothing to do with what actions are taken it's up to the Devs and the Devs alone.

If you're unsure you might break a rule then contact them on here before you post.

You get how I'm using it? The second bit - patronising and condescending? No surprises if you don't, most people will get exactly what I'm saying.