3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

Making poses or clothes is not hard, they made a bunch in the past. No need to develop new things for that.

It's not hard, but it still takes time to make them. 5 or 6 months tops. This is 3DXChat, not IMVU or Second Life where it takes less time but the quality sucks. Ask the devs of Avakin Life, Atom Universe or Nebula Realms how long it takes to make virtual clothing, then also factor in the time it takes to test them out for any bugs or glitches and compalibility issues with past items. It's not just "create, release, and done", these things take time. It's also the same with re-colors and re-skins and remaking poses using older ones

So I understand the hate in this thread. If Lisa and Gizmo would more communicate with the community, the hate wouldn't be that much I guess.

Regardless of whether the developers communicate with their community or lack thereof, there's still gonna be people that complain about one thing or another no matter what.

Rockstar Games is still releasing new content for GTA Online, and the community still have something to complain about. 

It is so easy to say that it is easy to add features when yourself you have never done it facing all the consequence.

Yes update are far under what i would like.

But I see that each new addition creates some bug, even if addition are light.

In this world, by the nature of the game, bug can be very annoying. Crash of the server are a total mess. It destroys the mood if it happens when you are in an intense cession. But then it continue destroying the mood once it has happened because you "know" that it can happens.

Music disconnection is annoying.

World editor is great but we have lost many ligh effect during this amazing patch.

All that illustrates that changing anything in such a game can create new problems.

There are absolutely NO equivalent game in the world with such a beautifull character and movement where you really feel to be your avatar. If it was so easy would it be the case ?

I think the risk to go in a spirale of more feature -> more bug - more bug -> less pleasure than before - is real.

Crash of the server seems to me to have reduced.

Next patch should improve lights.

Sorry to appear a little conservative but I prefer small step by small step and not loosing what we already have rather than big step and ..... a mess.

It's not hard, but it still takes time to make them. 5 or 6 months tops. This is 3DXChat, not IMVU or Second Life where it takes less time but the quality sucks. Ask the devs of Avakin Life, Atom Universe or Nebula Realms how long it takes to make virtual clothing, then also factor in the time it takes to test them out for any bugs or glitches and compalibility issues with past items. It's not just "create, release, and done", these things take time. It's also the same with re-colors and re-skins and remaking poses using older ones

To clear up some mis-information, simple clothing does not take long to make.

A Simple clothing mesh can be made in under 2 hours. It all depends on the complexity, nor is there some lengthy trouble shooting process to it. It either has bleed through or it doesn't and can be fixed rather quickly if it does.

Once the mesh is correct it can be textured in an infinite number of variations.

Making poses is simply not that hard. They already have all tools and rigs for that. And they can make poses pretty fast, we experienced it in the past.

lxppcJS.png

Tsss... you see only one side of the story, here comes in text the dark side :

Community : Erf what is this ? the new lightning is shit... It's too clear... Even in night mode it's like in a rainy day!!!

3DX       : Ok , in next update we give you the possibility to set the darkness.

Community : What ? We asked for sex poses !!!

2 months later :

3DX       : Next update will have bug fixes and sex poses

Community : Shit, the lightnings are too clear... We want light settnings!!!

Lol. Yes. I'll be happy to wait 5 years while they developing a marvelous designer... Please write more nonsense.

What is illogical is the assumption it would take 5 years when 90% of what is needed already exists. That is simply nonsense.

Adding uploaded custom textures, transparency (for see through clothibg) to what exists already is the next step with the addition of more meshes is the best solution to the clothing issues important to so many.

I'm not saying to stop adding content while in development. Anything short of a clothing editor is a short sighted solution and will result in the status quo.

Is that what your arguing for?

What is illogical is the assumption it would take 5 years when 90% of what is needed already exists. That is simply nonsense.

Adding uploaded custom textures, transparency (for see through clothibg) to what exists already is the next step with the addition of more meshes is the best solution to the clothing issues important to so many.

I'm not saying to stop adding content while in development. Anything short of a clothing editor is a short sighted solution and will result in the status quo.

Is that what your arguing for?

I'm saying to make a cloth editor is hard and there are no designers among the players to design clothes.

I'm saying to make a cloth editor is hard and there are no designers among the players to design clothes.

That is an absolutely absurd statement.

I can, and I know several who can. I imagine there are over two dozen or more here that do.

What is needed, is the clothing mesh map (like I showed you above) for the existing clothes, and a way to upload the textures to the layers and save them. The mesh maps for the props would be a bonus too. If they provided the tools to add bump maps, etc.. the clothing would get even better as metal belt buckles can be given a metal attribute, emmisive, etc etc etc. As opose to the leather of the belt you DON'T want to have a metal texture.

I wouldn't be suprised if this is something in the works already

I hope a clothes editor will happen.

I hope a pose editor will happen.

I remain sceptic that developping a single feature like this without taking in account all the interaction of this feature with the whole concept of how a game like 3dxchat works and is equilibrate is so "easy".

Ok then ... we have suddenly a tool to design clothes.

I am confident that talented people will developp amazing clothes. We just have to see what has happend with room talented people are here.

But if too much details, will all the room (including public) not become so laggy that the server will poof ?

I am not expert in software developpement.

I have no action nor being close from developper.

I find the communication absolutely a disaster.

But as already said taking just one subject without the whole view is easy to talk.

Yes developping pose is not a huge deal for the developpement team as they already did it. But maybe the person that was mastering this has left and this is simply why they don't do so much despite it it an obvious function in such a game.

We'll see and in any case a forum is also here to say what we think, good or bad .... it shows we are all alive despite we have not all the same view .... thanksfully  :D  :D  :D

I hope a clothes editor will happen.

I hope a pose editor will happen.

I remain sceptic that developping a single feature like this without taking in account all the interaction of this feature with the whole concept of how a game like 3dxchat works and is equilibrate is so "easy".

Ok then ... we have suddenly a tool to design clothes.

I am confident that talented people will developp amazing clothes. We just have to see what has happend with room talented people are here.

But if too much details, will all the room (including public) not become so laggy that the server will poof ?

I am not expert in software developpement.

I have no action nor being close from developper.

I find the communication absolutely a disaster.

But as already said taking just one subject without the whole view is easy to talk.

Yes developping pose is not a huge deal for the developpement team as they already did it. But maybe the person that was mastering this has left and this is simply why they don't do so much despite it it an obvious function in such a game.

We'll see and in any case a forum is also here to say what we think, good or bad .... it shows we are all alive despite we have not all the same view .... thanksfully :D:D:D

I wouldn't count on a pose editor, but clothing is very doable.

Clothes making can be as simple as clicking on browse and uploading some texture you like, say... the woman's boots for instance. The only downside is that that texture goes everywhere. On the sole, the heel... everywhere. On something simple like a t shirt or bikini top or panties for instance you can sometimes get away with it effectively and it looks great. It CAN be that simple at times.

However, if you want the woman's boots for instance to have a red sole, and the heel to have say a black texture while the main boot has a snakeskin texture you found on the internet - you need the map like I showed for the dress above. That is only color coded so you know where the textures are going to line up on the body. Most people just supply a black and white one you have to guess at. Beyond color codes her's to make it easier to understand.

That is an absolutely absurd statement.

I can, and I know several who can. I imagine there are over two dozen or more here that do.

What is needed, is the clothing mesh map (like I showed you above) for the existing clothes, and a way to upload the textures to the layers and save them. The mesh maps for the props would be a bonus too. If they provided the tools to add bump maps, etc.. the clothing would get even better as metal belt buckles can be given a metal attribute, emmisive, etc etc etc. As opose to the leather of the belt you DON'T want to have a metal texture.

I wouldn't be suprised if this is something in the works already

Ok, then make some clothing. They already stated, provide them some portfolio and they give you all the things you need.

There is no clothing mesh map lol. You can design clothing with zbrush or 3ds max, then make the low res version and that's all. They can provide you a base mesh of the male or female avatar for that. If you don't know how to make clothing and normal maps, etc, then why you state you (and dozens lol) can do anything?

Thanks for adding something new and letting us know that development is still alive and well Gizmo. If you have a pose editor or a clothes editor in the works, PLEASE, release it before the holiday season so that some of us can help contribute. The World Editor has been a great addition to the game, and it's certainly kept us busy (well, some of us).

I was one of these naysayers in the beginning, remember? Instead of complaining, now I want to help. Please give me more tools to do so.

Thank you.

-Sammy Cakes ♥

Give us the tools to create for ourselves rather than rely on you to feed us a fish for a day.

The clothes and the poses (created by us users) could be bought with xgolds. In this way, you would also allow people to buy xgolds not just for gifts, but also to buy poses and clothes! I had already proposed this idea a long time ago, they never replied to me. :huh:

Ok, then make some clothing. They already stated, provide them some portfolio and they give you all the things you need.

There is no clothing mesh map lol. You can design clothing with zbrush or 3ds max, then make the low res version and that's all. They can provide you a base mesh of the male or female avatar for that. If you don't know how to make clothing and normal maps, etc, then why you state you (and dozens lol) can do anything?

Your one of those people that haven't a clue what they talk about aren't you? :rolleyes:

First of all I have quite a bit skinned in their competitor - that make money of their provided map pack..

Secondly, in order to make different clothes  - you need the MESH. Not some other mesh. But the mesh that fits that AVI. The mesh you are making it for. If I wanna make snakeskin boots for the boots in the game already, I need the friggin map. Not one I made, but the one they made in order for things to line up correctly.. They already HAVE the meshes made in game that could be released as a map pack..  If they released the maps  custom clothing could be made right now. but they haven't for whatever reason. Maybe they want full control of things. Maybe they want things a certain way. I dunno.

And unless your a full time developer, most people use Blender or Maya to make meshes - but I'm sure you knew that too. That is used to make the meshes - by most people I know making meshes.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

You're both some what correct, haha, a lot- if not all of this is entirely dependant on the file typing. Some file types save certain aspects of a 3d model differently and read things differently. For instance, when you export a 3d model as a .STL it doesn't support any textures or any data other than just the geometry, while the widely popular .OBJ can read material files and is easily read by most programs but some older versions of unity couldn't properly read the .MTL and load it accordingly. Certain file types are more popular than others and used for certain workflows more than others. What 3DX uses, I'm not entirely sure as I haven't opened the .assets from the game folders.

For the discussion of what people use, Maya is usually used for hard surface and or blocking out ideas, but most modern day 3d model artists use Sculpting programs, such as Zbrush, Mudbox, and Meshmixer as it has the most utility for making a models topography quite detailed. Things such as Alphas, Bumps, Displacements and Normals all sort of accomplish the same thing with some faking details in by creating shadows overlayed on the surface of the mesh, or by actually cutting into mesh which is usually reserved for high poly models. Different programs such as Maya's UV map Editor or Zbrushes spotlight and Blenders diverse range of texture editing and awesome BDSF menu all do about the same thing. Either, allowing you to cut up the model and sort of unravel it to a 2d image to then use a program like photoshop to paint on it, (which goes into a lot of stuff like the correct way to make a model and dealing with skeletons and weight painting, proper texture work to have no seams, and actually figuring out the lighting and whether you need to bake shadows from the light source onto the texture) or just allowing you to paint directly on the model itself inside the modeling program, like Blender or Zbrush.

Now whether they should add a clothes editor or not, well- I think there are a few problems with it, but I think as long as they have a good tutorial for it people should be able to figure it out. (Sorry for the long-winded post!) :D

Your one of those people that haven't a clue what they talk about aren't you? :rolleyes:

First of all I have quite a bit skinned in their competitor - that make money of their provided map pack..

Secondly, in order to make different clothes  - you need the MESH. Not some other mesh. But the mesh that fits that AVI. The mesh you are making it for. If I wanna make snakeskin boots for the boots in the game already, I need the friggin map. Not one I made, but the one they made in order for things to line up correctly.. They already HAVE the meshes made in game that could be released as a map pack..  If they released the maps  custom clothing could be made right now. but they haven't for whatever reason. Maybe they want full control of things. Maybe they want things a certain way. I dunno.

And unless your a full time developer, most people use Blender or Maya to make meshes - but I'm sure you knew that too. That is used to make the meshes - by most people I know making meshes.

Ok. For me, custom clothing is not equal to make a new clothing. I understand that you want to get an .obj mesh with the maps and you can make a new texture for the existing clothing.

What i was talking about is to make new clothes. For that, you can ask the devs and they send you a .obj male or female body mesh, but that is only for guideline. No matter how you extract your clothing from it, only requirement is to not touch the base body mesh. That can be easily tweaked if you dont have any body mesh at all, just grab one from DAZ or HumanMaker, etc. They use nearly the same mesh. Then you can make your own glasses, hats, clothing, etc in zbrush and blender or whatever, then make a decimated low poly, normal map, texture map and thats all, they can use it in the game. That's how people made shoes and other things for the game in the past. That's why i say we have no designers who will make this work properly and quality. Nobody will do that for free who can make it properly. You can try it and if they like, they put it in the game as they done before.

But i think if you provide your portfolio about texturing and you want make some free textures for the existing clothing, just write to the devs and they will give you the stuff. But they wont give you anything if you can't show them any portfolio.

You're both some what correct, haha, a lot- if not all of this is entirely dependant on the file typing. Some file types save certain aspects of a 3d model differently and read things differently. For instance, when you export a 3d model as a .STL it doesn't support any textures or any data other than just the geometry, while the widely popular .OBJ can read material files and is easily read by most programs but some older versions of unity couldn't properly read the .MTL and load it accordingly. Certain file types are more popular than others and used for certain workflows more than others. What 3DX uses, I'm not entirely sure as I haven't opened the .assets from the game folders.

For the discussion of what people use, Maya is usually used for hard surface and or blocking out ideas, but most modern day 3d model artists use Sculpting programs, such as Zbrush, Mudbox, and Meshmixer as it has the most utility for making a models topography quite detailed. Things such as Alphas, Bumps, Displacements and Normals all sort of accomplish the same thing with some faking details in by creating shadows overlayed on the surface of the mesh, or by actually cutting into mesh which is usually reserved for high poly models. Different programs such as Maya's UV map Editor or Zbrushes spotlight and Blenders diverse range of texture editing and awesome BDSF menu all do about the same thing. Either, allowing you to cut up the model and sort of unravel it to a 2d image to then use a program like photoshop to paint on it, (which goes into a lot of stuff like the correct way to make a model and dealing with skeletons and weight painting, proper texture work to have no seams, and actually figuring out the lighting and whether you need to bake shadows from the light source onto the texture) or just allowing you to paint directly on the model itself inside the modeling program, like Blender or Zbrush.

Now whether they should add a clothes editor or not, well- I think there are a few problems with it, but I think as long as they have a good tutorial for it people should be able to figure it out. (Sorry for the long-winded post!) :D

The method I'm referring too is already in use in the competitor for last 3+ years. Said method has worked 10+ years.

Mesh maker (usually using Blender (free)/Maya(expensive), but of course can use other things) makes a percentage off the artists sale. It is a tried and true method. It is also the method employed by all the biggest player bases Utherverse, Second Life, Achat, etc.. IMO the most logical. It is also the cheapest for the free user (like here) perhaps, being that the free program GImp makes those who can't afford $700 plus photoshop or any of the other power toys - a tool they can employ to make their own custom clothing. It can be done because it is already done.

http://www.virtualworldweb.com/downloads/DesignerKit_Clothing.zip

As for a tutorial, that would be extremely helpful for some, but can be figured out through other sources if you want to get into the big boy toys like Alphas, Bumps, Displacements, emmisives and Normals.

Hell there are free websites that will convert an image into many of these free.

Do why beat this into the ground?

The misinformation spread is incredible and with an editor the Dev's are free to focus on other things. It can be as simple as skinning just the existing meshes they provide.

There would be hundreds of clothibg options in just a month or two potentially.

And if they provided the avi bodies and transprency. You would have a myriad of skins and skin tight clothing. It's what keeps places like RLC going - the creativity like the W.E. has brought.

Ah, ya, I was speaking strictly for what 3d artists use in the field of game development and what most schools would have you use. Actually making new clothing vs just redoing the maps for an already made mesh are quite different. While I do agree that it'd be an easy way to quickly add new clothing options for people to have, it'd not accomplish as many clothing options as say for instance Second life's where people are actually making new clothes instead of just slapping a new texture on the shirts already in the game.

Instead of creating the Saloon (where there are very few people) they could create 5 clothes 5 tattoos 5 hairstyles and 1 pose sex. They are the little things they like best, the big ones do not like anyone. We pay 25 euros a month, to do what? Wear the same clothes, have sex, and do evenings on the premises. We liked the implementation of the Object Editor, but this does not mean that we are satisfied because we all pay the subscription, and it is not right not to give us explanations or to settle for things that we might like. At least tell us it can be done or it can not be done. (Sorry my english, but i'm italian, i'm using google translator.) :huh: