Photo

Public and Private Diaries in Forums

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Public and Private User Diaries (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have the option for both Public and Private Diaries in Forums?

1. Yes (19 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

2. No (18 votes [48.65%])

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,852 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

To be fair, I would rather marry one of my alts than marry any one of you on this game. 

if it helps, its not really marriage, just someones name on your profile you can remove with a simple click. Just a money grab from 3dx taking advantage of the morbidly lonesome

• DaddysGirl likes this

#42 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

Nobody love trolls so they stay lonely... and because they are lonely, they troll others cause they are sooooo bored....

That’s a classical deadly roundtrip. I feel so sorry for you guys.

#43 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,852 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

Nobody love trolls so they stay lonely... and because they are lonely, they troll others cause they are sooooo bored....

If you go thread to thread responding to every troll thread, pretty sure that makes you a troll. Its in the handbook

#44 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

No need to feel sorry for me, as far as the game, and only speaking of the game, I always have great people to talk to and always find fun things to do playing it. Besides, reality check, if you are playing this game you are alone at your computer, and if you are not, maybe you should get your priorities straight and get off of it.

#45 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Just to say thanks for the clarification, DadysGirl. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

#46 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

It will most likely turn out to be a topic where everyone argues, makes accusations about each others' genders and those two old dogs RobT and Sage Stoner start barking at each other, finished off by wild accusations of cyber bullying by people who also cyber bully.

#47 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

/me crosses fingers for an outcome

#48 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

I just brought this idea up in another thread. I was going to post it in Suggestions, but it seems there is no longer an option for that. Is 3DX trying to tell us something?

Regardless, the idea is having both Public and Private threads in 3DX forums. If they added this feature, the person posting a topic or diary will have the option to make their topic either "Public" or "Private" when they post it. Whether public or private the entire thread will still be viewable to all, however - If Public, obviously anyone can reply to it. If Private, the topic will require a request-to-comment feature that only the original poster can approve or deny.

Please vote in the poll attached to this topic.

Funny... no one could troll your threads again :P but....

we should face the truth that something like that will never come. I don't think such a feature exists in the used forum + if 3dx will roll out new features they will for sure not do so for the forum.

This is the same as SageStoner’s thread on allowing people to moderate their own threads. That would avoid any need for public and private threads.

You are trying to make it sound like all you are doing is disagreeing in threads now. Your tone is different right now, DaddysGirl, but it was just yesterday you were piling on with the others adding your troll gifs and your "Gender bender shots fired!" everywhere. It's not just disagreeing that you and a lot of others have been doing. It's piling on and attacking, derailing, and instigating, as a group. If it's one person trolling, fine, that's just trolling. When it's a whole bunch of you all piling on and laughing with each other at another person's expense, that becomes bullying. It's not disagreeing, it's bullying.

I don't think we need anything like what you are proposing. It would just be nice if people were nicer and weren't such assholes all the time on these forums. Also, trolling shouldn't be thought of as some cool thing to do like it seems to be on these forums. Trolling and bullying should be shamed and snuffed out. On these forums though, trolls and bullies always seem to win.

I have read these forums for years, and I have successfully ignored and avoided all the trolling for a long time. I know most of what I've posted the past few days falls on deaf ears, but whatever, it felt good to say it after all this time. I just wanted to stand up to the rampant bullying going on.

And just as a little side note.. nobody needs to worry about me. I'm good.  ;)

I've quoted a lot in here and if you know anything on how a forum works what has been suggested would go against the basic reason for having a forum.  The point of a forum is for users to come here and make comments about something, make suggestions that would help the game, here they have user diaries while other sites call them something else.  If you have a public thread which is what this forum is public then everyone can comment, when you have a private thread but only certain users can comment you're restricting the community as a whole and giving someone the ability to control a part of the forum not to mention the work that would go into doing that for every user that registers on here which in all the forum I've been in, created and have modded not one would do that, it also opens up to write nasty things about other users that to which they can't comment but can screenshot it and open their own thread causing more issues.
Mods are selected for a reason and we have to accept that as we read the rules when joining.  They're not going to connect the in game blocking system to the forum as I've not found any company that does that.  Take example of the threads, come have been removed or will be due to how things have got out of hand by the users attacking each other.  Doing the private threads would make that 10 fold for the Devs/Mods to have to clean up and take action.
If anyone thinks the forum is bad now it'll be much worse if we are given the power to mod our own thread, have a private thread that we can only give certain users access to, it would be an utter disaster and that's why it would never happen.

#49 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

If you go thread to thread responding to every troll thread, pretty sure that makes you a troll. Its in the handbook

That’s new to me that I response to every troll thread... I just trolled the trolls since yesterday. I have really better things to do as trolling 24/7 here around. For example spending time with my beautiful wife or spinning music not from YouTube.

#50 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

Ahhhhh, such a cute little thing. Much more cute than Intercessional, I'm sure.

I vote no because:-

Isn't the preferred outcome one where healthy, robust debate can take place without bullying or trolling? A private room does not permit debate and a public room is wide open to nastiness. Surely the ideal outcome is where people treat each other with respect and decency, which isn't going to happen unless the bullies are run out of town.

Sagie's suggestion permits healthy debate yet renders the bullies and trolls impotent. I think that is why they didn't like it.

I am sorry.... don't we already have that?... just it's called the "personal messenger".

Isn't it interesting how the tone of debate changes as soon as someone other than the little clique says something intelligent.

I respect your suggestion DaddysGirl, but the idea does, to my mind anyway, have the major flaw I pointed out. Can I suggest that you clarify the outcome you had in mind when you made the suggestion?

Sorry, I wish I'd caught that before I clicked on post.

Ironic, in a way, yes. But not so when I think that what you are suggesting is very similar to the personal messenger facility, which is too restrictive for healthy debate. The open forum is too wide. Maybe the idea is to try to find something in the middle that is reasonabley practical?

I’m getting a better picture of what you have in mind, but what you said then gives the poster control over where their own posts go. Isn’t the problem with other people’s posts?

The block button is absolutely useless here ^^ I would like to have a similar functionality as in the game... if I iggy someone he or she can't see my threads and comments anymore... but ... the focus of 3dx is not forum... to be honest most player ignore the forum or just visit is as a guest... so maybe 3% are active here.. so why spend development time to satisfy a minority?

Just don't try to have a rational discussion here.... it is not possible. But that's not much different to other forums... you will find trolls everywhere! And they love to destroy any useful discussion. And beside trolls there are those know-it-all-better-hardliner-even-if-they-have-really-no-glue! They are not much better as trolls. 

I've quoted a lot in here and if you know anything on how a forum works what has been suggested would go against the basic reason for having a forum.  The point of a forum is for users to come here and make comments about something, make suggestions that would help the game, here they have user diaries while other sites call them something else.  If you have a public thread which is what this forum is public then everyone can comment, when you have a private thread but only certain users can comment you're restricting the community as a whole and giving someone the ability to control a part of the forum not to mention the work that would go into doing that for every user that registers on here which in all the forum I've been in, created and have modded not one would do that, it also opens up to write nasty things about other users that to which they can't comment but can screenshot it and open their own thread causing more issues.
Mods are selected for a reason and we have to accept that as we read the rules when joining.  They're not going to connect the in game blocking system to the forum as I've not found any company that does that.  Take example of the threads, come have been removed or will be due to how things have got out of hand by the users attacking each other.  Doing the private threads would make that 10 fold for the Devs/Mods to have to clean up and take action.
If anyone thinks the forum is bad now it'll be much worse if we are given the power to mod our own thread, have a private thread that we can only give certain users access to, it would be an utter disaster and that's why it would never happen.

#51 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

Nice try to justify your trolling.

#52 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

It will most likely turn out to be a topic where everyone argues, makes accusations about each others' genders and those two old dogs RobT and Sage Stoner start barking at each other, finished off by wild accusations of cyber bullying by people who also cyber bully.

#53 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

So many quotations of my comments... I feel honored LOL

#54 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Nice try to justify your trolling.

Not trolling I was responding to the posts made and you can only quote so many.  What I had wrote I wasn't going to rewrite over and over.  That is a good response and the reason behind a forum and how it is used doesn't matter if we the users like it or not.

#55 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

Not trolling I was responding to the posts made and you can only quote so many.  What I had wrote I wasn't going to rewrite over and over.  That is a good response and the reason behind a forum and how it is used doesn't matter if we the users like it or not.

Beside writing everything bold you should use a larger font too to give your words more power

#56 intercessional

intercessional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

you spend time with an imaginary wife, participating in fake sex on a sex game because nobody wants you in real. That is the definition of lonely 

• RobT likes this

#57 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

you spend time with an imaginary wife, participating in fake sex on a sex game because nobody wants you in real. That is the definition of lonely

If you feel better to believe this.. do it...

It’s so funny that you trolls always need lies and insults to argue. I never felt lonely in my life but I feel sorry for your stunted soul. I hope that someday something beautiful happen to you so you will stop annoying others with your patethic trolling. Really... it’s a Win Win Situation.

BTW the truth always hits harder as any lie... so you really want to continue our little fight?

#58 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Beside writing everything bold you should use a larger font too to give your words more power

This is exactly why doing what this thread and Sage's thread would never happen.  I did bold because when you quote someone people blow past what was said and the response as you stated in the other thread you didn't read the entire thread, I suggest to everyone that before they comment they should so you can see the thread as a whole not just part of it.

#59 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

Reading MarMohan's comments, maybe the option of Public or Private could be limited to User Diaries? It may actually NOT make sense to have a topic be "Private" in something called "Open Forums". I really didn't think about that until this person commented.

However, I don't think it's against the laws of physics or whatever for someone to have a Private Diary here, no black holes will form, nor will the universe implode on itself. If that diary's content included wishing women were more prevalent on the game, than so be it. The owner of that diary would have the option to make it public or private, and if private, have discretion on who else is allowed to post in it.

I will change the poll to reflect this, if anyone wishes to change their vote.

#60 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,852 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

Not a bad idea but i think the problem is the average user isnt worthy of that much power over his or her thread. lets just say for sake of argument i started just bombing you in my diary with stuff that wasnt true to discredit you, etc and anytime you posted anything i would either delete or not accept the post. How fair would that be to you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users