Photo

Public and Private Diaries in Forums

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Poll: Public and Private User Diaries (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have the option for both Public and Private Diaries in Forums?

1. Yes (20 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (20 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Ahhhhh, such a cute little thing. Much more cute than Intercessional, I'm sure.

I vote no because:-

Isn't the preferred outcome one where healthy, robust debate can take place without bullying or trolling? A private room does not permit debate and a public room is wide open to nastiness. Surely the ideal outcome is where people treat each other with respect and decency, which isn't going to happen unless the bullies are run out of town.

Sagie's suggestion permits healthy debate yet renders the bullies and trolls impotent. I think that is why they didn't like it.

only one issue with that fictional tale. Shanti, Camden and a good number of others also disagreed and none of them are so called trolls. Nice try, try again

#22 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Isn't it interesting how the tone of debate changes as soon as someone other than the little clique says something intelligent.

I respect your suggestion DaddysGirl, but the idea does, to my mind anyway, have the major flaw I pointed out. Can I suggest that you clarify the outcome you had in mind when you made the suggestion?

#23 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

The outcome is yet to be determined, I am not psychic and have nothing invested in it. People are claiming there is cyber bullying going on in 3dx forums, I am trying to suggest a common sense solution to it, instead of saying something such as "everyone should just get along and behave themselves". That's not reality on the internet, obviously. Never has been and never will be.

#24 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

It is kind of ironic though, that all the suspects claiming that they are being bullied are in favor of allowing it to continue as is. 

#25 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

OK, I just assumed you had an idea of what it would look like - if you get my drift.

#26 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

and that the thread was a discussion before a couple appeared with troll posts and then blames others. Its that victims mentality again. Block button is a wonderful thing, use it or lose it. i am taking my own advice right now.

#27 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Sorry I am not here to make pie charts and performance reports like you, or say we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya. It would be an option when you post a topic that would allow you choose it to be "Public" or "Private", and if private the original poster has control over who is allowed to comment. It's not that complicated.

#28 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUK

Sorry, I wish I'd caught that before I clicked on post.

Ironic, in a way, yes. But not so when I think that what you are suggesting is very similar to the personal messenger facility, which is too restrictive for healthy debate. The open forum is too wide. Maybe the idea is to try to find something in the middle that is reasonabley practical?

#29 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Oh don't worry RobT, I have them all blocked on the actual game, they are annoying and malicious as all hell, just like they are here in forums.

• RobT likes this

#30 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

Cierra 

*facepalms and pounds on my computer desk in disbelief*

You would still have the option to make your post PUBLIC, thus making your complaint moot.

#31 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Cierra 

*facepalms and pounds on my computer desk in disbelief*

You would still have the option to make your post PUBLIC, thus making your complaint moot.

its only a good idea if she thought if it, pay attention

#32 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

I’m getting a better picture of what you have in mind, but what you said then gives the poster control over where their own posts go. Isn’t the problem with other people’s posts?

#33 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

It might be an absolutely horrible idea, I am willing to concede that, and even better people can troll me or "bully" me in this thread all they want, I've already heard it all before. And one thing I have discovered in my time here on 3dx, is that nobody here is innocent of wrong doing at one time or another, me included. So they can shove that that crap right back up where the sun don't shine (i.e. Sentra).

#34 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Ciera

It would be your own personal topic, where you control and approve who is allowed to post on it. they would have to request permission to join the topic. That's under your discretion as the OP and "owner" of the thread.

As an example - If you started a thread about How there Needs to be more women in 3dx? You would decide who is allowed to participate in the discussion, most likely people you already know and trust who can add something of value to the topic and not criticize you.

#35 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

The block button is absolutely useless here ^^ I would like to have a similar functionality as in the game... if I iggy someone he or she can't see my threads and comments anymore... but ... the focus of 3dx is not forum... to be honest most player ignore the forum or just visit is as a guest... so maybe 3% are active here.. so why spend development time to satisfy a minority?

Just don't try to have a rational discussion here.... it is not possible. But that's not much different to other forums... you will find trolls everywhere! And they love to destroy any useful discussion. And beside trolls there are those know-it-all-better-hardliner-even-if-they-have-really-no-glue! They are not much better as trolls. 

• JessicaX and DaddysGirl like this

#36 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

I agree chloe, the ignore option on forums is useless.

#37 intercessional

intercessional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

The block button is absolutely useless here ^^ I would like to have a similar functionality as in the game... if I iggy someone he or she can't see my threads and comments anymore... but ... the focus of 3dx is not forum... to be honest most player ignore the forum or just visit is as a guest... so maybe 3% are active here.. so why spend development time to satisfy a minority?

Just don't try to have a rational discussion here.... it is not possible. But that's not much different to other forums... you will find trolls everywhere! And they love to destroy any useful discussion. And beside trolls there are those know-it-all-better-hardliner-even-if-they-have-really-no-glue! They are not much better as trolls. 

I concur, we should all marry our alts like you and rob did and live in imaginary wedded bliss. 

#38 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

I concur, we should all marry our alts like you and rob did and live in imaginary wedded bliss.

Even your alt wouldn’t marry you!

#39 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

dont ever troll my lovely wife roberta!

• ChiK73 likes this

#40 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

To be fair, I would rather marry one of my alts than marry any one of you on this game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sage Stoner