Photo

Public and Private Diaries in Forums

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Poll: Public and Private User Diaries (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have the option for both Public and Private Diaries in Forums?

1. Yes (20 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (20 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

I just brought this idea up in another thread. I was going to post it in Suggestions, but it seems there is no longer an option for that. Is 3DX trying to tell us something?

Regardless, the idea is having both Public and Private Diairies in 3DX forums. If they added this feature, the person posting a diary will have the option to make their it either "Public" or "Private" when they post it. Whether public or private the entire diary will still be viewable to all, however - If Public, obviously anyone can reply to it. If Private, the diary will require a request-to-comment feature that only the original poster can approve or deny.

Please vote in the poll attached to this topic.

#2 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

I originally voted yes but not sure. Its sort of like sages idea about being able to control thread content if its your thread.

Might be better if people not involved couldnt even read posts

#3 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

I think the threads still need to be readable even if private. I don't think we want to restrict people's ability to speak their mind overall, but at the same time use a little common sense to avoid so many pissing matches in forums. When people start throwing around terms such as "cyber bullying" something needs to be done.

That's serious business and very bad things can come from it, I've been the victim of it myself on 3dx.

For me it just made me stronger, but for others it may cause them serious emotional damage, even if often times, it is not actually a case of bullying.

#4 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

I think the threads still need to be readable even if private. I don't think we want to restrict people's ability to speak their mind overall, but at the same time use a little common sense to avoid so many pissing matches in forums. When people start throwing around terms such as "cyber bullying" something needs to be done.

That's serious business and very bad things can come from it, I've been the victim of it myself on 3dx.

For me it just made me stronger, but for others it may cause them serious emotional damage, even if often times, it is not actually a case of bullying.

If its readable  you may even get more of that, people targeting someone and then that someone not being able to respond. Just my opinion

Its never a good idea in my opinion to let one person control the content of a thread .not any normal forum member at least. 

#5 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

If it comes to people opening a corresponding thread to "attack" someone who has opened a private thread, that's really something you cannot prevent as long as they stay within the TOS.

At least it won't infringe on their original posting and topic. If that makes sense.

#6 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Funny... no one could troll your threads again :P but....

we should face the truth that something like that will never come. I don't think such a feature exists in the used forum + if 3dx will roll out new features they will for sure not do so for the forum.

• DaddysGirl likes this

#7 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

Don't always say never!

They changed the features for joining forums and having your posts approved by a moderator before you became a permanent member here who can post freely, thanks to a couple crazy guys I won't even bother to mention spamming the hell out of forums with multiple threads and posts.

So it may be possible, also I am sure Gizmo is tired of reading our reports about us arguing like children.

#8 TamsinUK

TamsinUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

This is the same as SageStoner’s thread on allowing people to moderate their own threads. That would avoid any need for public and private threads.
  • Athene likes this

#9 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

If it comes to people opening a corresponding thread to "attack" someone who has opened a private thread, that's really something you cannot prevent as long as they stay within the TOS.

At least it won't infringe on their original posting and topic. If that makes sense.

seems like more work for the devs when they dont do much with forums now :P

#10 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

but your idea is better daddys girl. i support it 100 percent .  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#11 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

I think in the long run it will be less work for them, not having to constantly handle reports of "bullying" that never actually happened. People fight in internet forums, I could be wrong, but hasn't it always been that way?

I just think this idea will keep overly sensitive parties separated away from each other so they don't go all crazy every time someone disagrees with their opinion or starts making accusations or insults.

#12 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

This idea is different than SageStoner's BTW, he wanted the ability to delete posts you don't like. To me that's very passive aggressive, and would just cause more conflict.

#13 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

You are most likely right. I changed my mind again, i agree with you. Really the thing to do and i am including myself or even my posts is to just not go back and forth with anyone and just let then hen peck all day to themselves. Easier said than done. I like to respond to anything with my name attached to it but sometimes need to just ignore it.

#14 Sentra

Sentra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSniper Girl's Nest

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Then anyone who posts controversial topics won't have to worry about people disagreeing with them and then labeling them bullies because they don't share the same opinion.

You are trying to make it sound like all you are doing is disagreeing in threads now. Your tone is different right now, DaddysGirl, but it was just yesterday you were piling on with the others adding your troll gifs and your "Gender bender shots fired!" everywhere. It's not just disagreeing that you and a lot of others have been doing. It's piling on and attacking, derailing, and instigating, as a group. If it's one person trolling, fine, that's just trolling. When it's a whole bunch of you all piling on and laughing with each other at another person's expense, that becomes bullying. It's not disagreeing, it's bullying.

I don't think we need anything like what you are proposing. It would just be nice if people were nicer and weren't such assholes all the time on these forums. Also, trolling shouldn't be thought of as some cool thing to do like it seems to be on these forums. Trolling and bullying should be shamed and snuffed out. On these forums though, trolls and bullies always seem to win.

I have read these forums for years, and I have successfully ignored and avoided all the trolling for a long time. I know most of what I've posted the past few days falls on deaf ears, but whatever, it felt good to say it after all this time. I just wanted to stand up to the rampant bullying going on.

And just as a little side note.. nobody needs to worry about me. I'm good.  ;)

• Chilles, chloe, Athene and 3 others like this

#15 intercessional

intercessional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

You are trying to make it sound like all you are doing is disagreeing in threads now. Your tone is different right now, DaddysGirl, but it was just yesterday you were piling on with the others adding your troll gifs and your "Gender bender shots fired!" everywhere. It's not just disagreeing that you and a lot of others have been doing. It's piling on and attacking, derailing, and instigating, as a group. If it's one person trolling, fine, that's just trolling. When it's a whole bunch of you all piling on and laughing with each other at another person's expense, that becomes bullying. It's not disagreeing, it's bullying.

I don't think we need anything like what you are proposing. It would just be nice if people were nicer and weren't such assholes all the time on these forums. Also, trolling shouldn't be thought of as some cool thing to do like it seems to be on these forums. Trolling and bullying should be shamed and snuffed out. On these forums though, trolls and bullies always seem to win.

I have read these forums for years, and I have successfully ignored and avoided all the trolling for a long time. I know most of what I've posted the past few days falls on deaf ears, but whatever, it felt good to say it after all this time. I just wanted to stand up to the rampant bullying going on.

And just as a little side note.. nobody needs to worry about me. I'm good.  ;)

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

#16 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

hmmm ... don't get why you post a pic of you

#17 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Ahhhhh, such a cute little thing. Much more cute than Intercessional, I'm sure.

I vote no because:-

Isn't the preferred outcome one where healthy, robust debate can take place without bullying or trolling? A private room does not permit debate and a public room is wide open to nastiness. Surely the ideal outcome is where people treat each other with respect and decency, which isn't going to happen unless the bullies are run out of town.

Sagie's suggestion permits healthy debate yet renders the bullies and trolls impotent. I think that is why they didn't like it.

• TamsinUK likes this

#18 Anaganda

Anaganda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

I am sorry.... don't we already have that?... just it's called the "personal messenger".

• Nikki and DaddysGirl like this

#19 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

Cierra you vote no because you love drama

#20 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Sentra

I already covered this ground with you in another thread. You and your smart ass, hipster group of wannabe lesbians have no right to talk about anyone bullying anyone else. In my 14 months here on 3dx I have seen various members from your little gang relentlessly attack and bully people on 3dx, in the actual game. You have gone as far as to contact people on their social medias outside of the game and fling rumors and accusations so maliciously that people have actually QUIT the game because of all of you. NOW THAT is ACTUAL cyber bullying.

So you must understand, at this point, anything you say to me about me or cyber bullying really means nothing to me, especially coming from someone such as you.

Thanks for voting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users