3DXChat Community

world editor snap to snap

shorty

Forgive me if i'm a little  frustrated right now. I have spent over an hour trying to understand what they have written. Guess the reason is I don't use WORLD EDITOR

in any other virtual world. Sooooo  would some kind soul explain to me how this works please before i set fire on the home I'm building.

2.1.1.3.2 Vertex to Vertex Snapping
Press the V key on the keyboard and then move the mouse around to select one of the vertices of the selected game objects. This is the vertex that will be snapped to the destination position. Once you found the vertex that you are interested in, press the left mouse button and move the mouse around to snap the selected objects. The objects will be snapped to the vertex which is closest to the mouse cursor.

Thank you very much.

Side question,

God its really bad when you play with so much software and people write different. Guess they assume to much.

shorty

No drinking hot tea to day. GIVE ME A DAMN BEER PLEAS.

post-8811-0-52808100-1518029581_thumb.png

You posted here on Jan 20th with your "lines" problem which was addressed in some replies yet your house still looks like a bomb hit eet :P

Did you not read tha responses or not understand tha clear procedures explained fo that particular prob you posted abouts?

Maybe eet would be kool of you to at least reply maybeh and let tha peeps who tried ta hilp you in that post know if it indeed helped, which eet should have.

Sorta reluctant ta bother this time, anyways keep trying and maybeh youll get tha hang of eets, repetition is tha key , oh and good lucks :P

Essentially snap to snap is snapping a prop/object to a surface, ie wall floor or any other props face with the selected hotkey and procedure to say have a chair aligned and snapped to a wall if tha wall was tha surface you were snapping to.

Think of eet as being home in rl, lifting a chair and eet aligns eets self to every surface you move eet to, to be eventually placed to that surface the correct way up, as in legs to tha wall as if tha wall was tha floor. This way any object can be aligned to any surface easily and doesn't matter the orientation eet was put together in tha editor and saves you the bother of turning eet and so forth to align to an objects face/surface.

There ya go now youre all good to go :)

I haven't used the snapping feature even once. Only gets in the way and messes up everything, since it is not working correctly on detailed builds.

I'd rather have a "bend-objects"-function (you hear that, devs? xD), which enables you to add curves and bends to certain static objects, like setting up hanging ropes or something...