13 replies to this topic

#1 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

I have a room design that is kinda ok. It's a dance club with a street outside, but is totally lacking anything across from the actual club.

I am envisioning a Diner and a Hotel.

This is the problem, I am not the greatest builder and I have come to find it quite tedious and boring.

I know some of you are awesome designers and just love to build, build, build. I respect that because there is a lot of different ways to play 3dx to keep it interesting. Doesn't always have to be sexual for some.

Yadda, yadda.

So I am curious if there are any builders that have any interest in taking on this challenge? If not, that's cool, I don't think it hurts to ask. I have several friends that love to build, and make very complex and beautiful creations but for whatever reason they never see the light of day. I guess I am kind of tapping into that, this creation will definitely get a lot of use. Sooooo ...

Things I am looking for:

Diner

Flurescent Diner sign outside, Grill, flatop, coolers, cash registers, back area for staff, long diner dining counter with stools, booths and tables.

Hotel

Cheap Hotel sign, blinking vacancy flurescent sign Three floors, six rooms, tv and couch areas in each, one bed, check in counter with computer.

I am not really sure of a method of repayment except it will be used very often on 3dx and all credit will be given to the designer.

Reply to thread or message me privately if interested. Thanks

• Llavia likes this

#2 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

many people already donated items.. If you find them, Congratulations!

#3 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Not getting any bites on this advertisement, not even a nibble. Maybe more inspiration is needed.

#4 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

• Veronique likes this

#5 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

They do offer a few on here that you can make into one if you merge a few files together into one then with the hotel you can group, copy and move them to connect to one another.

#6 Nemo

Nemo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Try the Modz Forum
  • DaddysGirl likes this

#7 Keely Kat

Keely Kat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

I wouldn't mind doing it but I work slow and the last person I built had a lack of understanding when I released it saying it needed edits then was like "why isn't it done?" and "it doesn't seem finished," then accused me of not being her friend...she then proceeded to ignore me.  This is what makes builders reluctant to take on work for other people.  If I was to take it on, youd be waiting a long time since I wouldn't want the same confusion of releasing something version 1.0 or beta and then you fail to grasp its still a WIP.

Why would I release something WIP? So that you the user can live with it so that you can advise me on what changes you would like to fit your own personal taste.  visiting every once in a while doesn't always accomplish this

• DaddysGirl likes this

#8 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the advice for two previous posters about where to find stuff. I did find a diner and hotel here in forums but it required a lot of work redesigning it, that's what prompted this post.

Keely I have messaged you and thank you for your interest

#9 Llavia

Llavia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

Indeed, it's not easy to live up to someones expectations when taking on a building challenge. Releasing things WIP is one thing, but still, in the end you'll always have to adjust it to your room. Size, color grading, angle and shape take a centered position in the whole process.

I can only recommend building it on your own, because you can design things exactly how you imagine them to be.
Furthermore people will not moan, because they won't see the same objects trice in a row in different rooms.
Lastly you can practice building and safe some time with that, instead of waiting for people to finish your challenge. Building is fun and a great way to identify yourself in this game! =)

This was never meant to be offensive, I just enjoy to see individuel builds, since I grew tired of always seeing the same things over and over again.

#10 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

there are some great builders who will help. just have to locate them. thats the hard part. I have had some very nice people make me things because i hate building. 

#11 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

I have built a room and yes it was rewarding and fun to do, but part of that fun I think was learning how to use World Editor. I am still a novice in comparison to some people. But I am with RobT, on this one, it just became incredibly boring for me. It's kind of like pizza, it's just easier for me to order one on the phone than make one from scratch at home.

I really don't mind anyone taking a long time on this project, and really have no plans on releasing it until its done.

#12 Yvonny

Yvonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

idk if you saw it but someone build a diner 

http://3dxforum.com/...kshop/?p=268854

• DaddysGirl likes this

#13 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

Wow thanks Yvonny!! That's perfect  :wub:

Downloaded, guess all I need now is a Hotel.

#14 Yvonny

Yvonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

well i didnt build it but your welcome for showing you 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users