3DXChat Community

DEVS PLEASE PUT MUSIC REFRESH BUTTON ON DESKTOP

Lovers

Hey guys and gals  ... not rocket science  ,,, put a music refresh button on the desktop ... that turns the radio off and on again  ..... then anyone not getting music from the rooms stream just refresh and get the stream.

Its a pain to have to go in "Settings" and then "Sound" and then deselect and reselect "Enable Radio" every time a stream fails to start  .... and noobs wouldn't havee a clue anyway.

UNTIL YOU SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ... THIS IS A LOGICAL MOVE  ... How much work would be involved to have a simple refresh button on the desktop?

Added for clarity  ... the refresh button should be for people entering a room, not for the room owners  ... If a person finds they have no music, the button is a shortcut to their radio, turning it off and back on.

This will only affect the person refreshing  ... unlike if the room owner refreshes, which interupts everyones stream ...

BY THE WAY I AM NOT ASSUMING THAT 3DXCHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM >>>>>>>> THEY ARE

With the Centova cast app you can see who gets and who doesn't get the stream   ...... Although this isn't normally immediate, if you press "Overview" it flashes up any new arrivees as soon as they land in the room  .... I can quickly check if they have the stream.

If I don't see a stream I can quickly refresh the radio (I have it open and ready to refresh) to check if its a stream failure or they have their radio off.

I Thought it might be the amount of items in a room, as less powerful PCs where having the problem more  ..... AND I WAS RIGHT

I stripped everything from outside my Elvis Club room  .... Now most or maybe all are getting music when entering my room, whereas they weren't before ....

SO TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS TO LIMIT THE ITEMS THEY USE IN A ROOM, FIX THE PROBLEM OR GIVE US A STREAM REFRESH BUTTON .....

Refresh Button is worse... it Interrupt the music from everyone else too for a sec.... that's totally annoying and disturbing. it never did happen to me that I was unable to listen to the music in a room since last update. So yes, it might has something to do with the internet connection and / or the power of the pc.

Something like that is nothing new but radio off / on did fixed that issue before world editor update. 

Refresh Button is worse...  

If it is used by the room owner  .... I am asking for a reftresh button on all peeps desktop   ... only the person resfreshing (turning the radio off and on) will be affected.

Basically if you enter a room and there is no music you hit the refresh button for your radio ... Even with a powerful PC like mine I occassionally fail to get a stream ... 

Aaaaah naaaaaaaaaaaa ya wont got one or a fix XD that's mah bet :P

I agree  ... but now room owners will check their centova cast by hitting the "OVERVIEW" button and some will get a shock at how many peeps poof that don't have music.

I only realised because my gilfriend told me .... most peeps  99.9% say nothing  ... so you think you have no problems and you do :(

Look I am not going to shame some rooms or famous DJ's, but this isn't an isolated problem :(

If it is used by the room owner  .... I am asking for a reftresh button on all peeps desktop   ... only the person resfreshing (turning the radio off and on) will be affected.

Basically if you enter a room and there is no music you hit the refresh button for your radio ... Even with a powerful PC like mine I occassionally fail to get a stream ... 

ah okay... this way... okay thats good

Just to be clear  ... I have solved the problem by stripping everything ... Island beach ...rocks, you name it from outside of my club which now hovers in mid air ....

If 3dxchat just wants simple rooms or rooms that do nothing or virtually nothing to the standard room other than add dirty words in the appartment list, then do nothing :P

If you actually want worlds and intricate designs ... then fix the music issue ...

Peeps go to a room hear no music, they poof  ... and go to a fuck fest on a standard 3dxchat room original design and get music and stay there 

Just supposition (I should test): could that because the radio object is not found in room fast enough? Like time to download the room... if the room contains many objects, then the room will be heavier to download and so the radio object will not be found early enough and so the radio stream don’t start...

Maybe the radio stream should be a room option (like ocean level) and not something to activate via an object in room... so when you design the room on World Editor, you go in options and setup the stream then when you open/share the room to public, the stream is directly indicated in room options!

Would be easier and faster to setup!

Just supposition (I should test): could that because the radio object is not found in room fast enough? Like time to download the room... if the room contains many objects, then the room will be heavier to download and so the radio object will not be found early enough and so the radio stream don’t start...

Maybe the radio stream should be a room option (like ocean level) and not something to activate via an object in room... so when you design the room on World Editor, you go in options and setup the stream then when you open/share the room to public, the stream is directly indicated in room options!

Would be easier and faster to setup!

I know for certain a room with less objects has virtually no chance of the stream not starting  .... the more objects you add and the less powerful the PC the chances of the stream not starting increase  .... I tested this with one rock and my girlfriend who has a less powerful PC. My room stripped down (still happens, but less frequently) and with my room fully laden (not always, but frequently)

If peeps see a refresh button for music, they would have to be very dim not to hit it if they go to a room and get no music :)

The reason I think it is sporadic is background programs may or maynot  be running when entering a room.

But if the want decent rooms they have to fix this .....

I know for certain a room with less objects has virtually no chance of the stream not starting  .... the more objects you add and the less powerful the PC the chances of the stream not starting increase  .... I tested this with one rock and my girlfriend who has a less powerful PC. My room stripped down (still happens, but less frequently) and with my room fully laden (not always, but frequently)

If peeps see a refresh button for music, they would have to be very dim not to hit it if they go to a room and get no music :)

The reason I think it is sporadic is background programs may or maynot  be running when entering a room.

But if the want decent rooms they have to fix this .....

maybe the position of the radio object in the json file affect this too... would be interesting to know if there are any changes if the radio object is the first or the last object in the room.

I think the custom stream not starting is a big and annoying issue. But the refresh button is not a good idea imo. The stream should just start as soon as the url for the room is known by the game... and that should happen as soon as the room is finished downloading. ;)

I think the custom stream not starting is a big and annoying issue. But the refresh button is not a good idea imo. The stream should just start as soon as the url for the room is known by the game... and that should happen as soon as the room is finished downloading. ;)

I really don't care what the solution is  ... but a solution is needed :) But any ideas welcome  ... JUST HOPE THE DEVS LISTEN AND DO SOMETHING   ... I did say the refresh button is a patch not a fix  ... just allows someone to hit the button if they don't get music and then they will get music.

PS .... I have tried moving the radio and adding it at different points in the build and several other options  .... from logical to dam right crazy  ... but it is clear the more objects, the less powerful the PC the problem increases

I have tried moving the radio and adding it at different points in the build and several other options  .... from logical to dam right crazy  ... but it is clear the more objects, the less powerful the PC the problem increases

Have you tried putting the radio object the first one in list of objects (inside your World file in JSON)?

For anyone looking for a solution a very important fact  ...... The same PC .... the same room  .... Sometimes the stream will connect and other times it won't  ....

That leads me to believe that if the background stuff of a PC kicks in at the wrong time they don't get the stream and if the PC background stuff is low or Idle when they enter the room they get the stream?

Have you tried putting the radio object the first one in list of objects (inside your World file in JSON)?

OK I have put the radio ("Mafon" as described in the json file) as the first object in my cut down room. I will try it in my full room sometime this week (had enough for today haha). I don't know if it will help, but it does no harm to have it as the first object ..... :)

Should add that none of the rooms have the radio as the first obect ( unless the room builder has changed that) .... as the radio wasn't included in the original room ..... :(

would be interesting to know if there are any changes if the radio object is the first or the last object in the room.

I will let you know as soon as I test Chloe. But I have put the radio ( "Mafon"  as described in the json file ) as the first object in my cut down room. I will try it in my full room sometime this week (had enough for today haha). I don't know if it will help, but it does no harm to have it as the first object ..... and I will also try as the last object for comparison  :)

PS my girlfriend is away this week so will only be able to do a test if someone has a less powerful PC, has the problem and is willing to come along for me to test the rooms with the radio (mafon) as the first and the last object.

13,701 items that is how many items the room know as Pandora, has, most of the items were far away from the entrance room and a long ass run was required. The lagging if any occured just looking at the glowing cubes, the seven headed dragon Fluffy, nor 60% of the actual area produce lag to my way below superior computer (means it sucks), i do not think it is the amount of items, could be just the amount of items in one area to include the avis as the cause of the music not sounding. However is turning off and on the radio in settings not a sort of refresher?

No lag at Pandora and I used a 9 years computer at this time. 

Landing zone should be free from too many detailed objects, this way the room can be loaded properly. 

Another fact is that music (it depends on the stream) may cause lag. I have seen rooms with lag, when you turned off the music... no more lag and it was not large rooms filled with objects.