3DXChat Community

Getting random crashes since world editor release

JessicaX

I have 2 screenshots that show the crash report I get and it appears to be a memory leak within 3dx. 

It's to the point now where I am afraid to host a room because I could crash at any time and dump everyone in the room and I hate when this happens.

2hz3kb9.png

21dlced.png

Please do something about this. I know I am not the only one. I have a much more than nominal PC to run 3dx. This should not be happening. 

Do you get these crashes in crowded rooms or even when you just chill in the Sin-Club?

Last time often in Sin after i think one or two hours, li sometimes, beach often after a couple of minutes. crowded rooms  load a long time but dont crash so often like the public rooms. but its my experience. its like in 3dx 1.0 :( 

Many of us are getting crashes ever since the new beach came out, it only happens in crowded rooms - in intervals of 1 to 4 hours. I guess it depends on number of people coming in/out.

I can be on Love Island, private or less frequented place and I won't crash at all. I tested this by Afking on Love Island for over 6 hours.

Elishi posted logs months and months ago as well many other people did but... we were ignored.

Someone said it's due to some weird version of Unity 3DX changed to and it's know to have this issue. But I don't remember exactly,

All I know we were never replied to, and I doubt that after months since new beach came out devs even looked at it. It's most annoying bug on 3DX atm.

Drivers, settings etc etc. Doesn't matter I think. I also run the game on my beefy desktop PC so it's not requirement problem.

Do you get these crashes in crowded rooms or even when you just chill in the Sin-Club?

For me its random... but seems to happen much more frequent when it's in very crowded rooms. But I have had it happen when there's only 20 people around. 

I have lowered graphic setting and it seems to help a tiny bit. 

For me it's like... if Im not in crowded area, it should be ok.. if it gets crowded, it will certainly crash ... the more people that are there, the sooner it will crash. 

My reason for being here is to host and take part in fun events with friends. If I lose my ability to host, and im not into the pixel sex role play... then there's really no point in me staying here. I enjoy it here and the World Editor has put some life back into 3dx for me. The crashing is alleviating all of these good things because this wasn't an issue before. I think it's a memory leak that has gotten worse since the release of 2.0 and World Editor. 

It sounds very sad.

If you go out and back in the room you host, do you think it can improve things ?

Do you survey how much 3dxchat uses as memory of your computer and do you see it increasing permantely ?

Yes, I have tried that. The logs I posted show 3dx was only using 26% of my memory, but also shows at the time of crash there was no video memory available. 

This appears to me a memory leak issue that affects everyone differently. I just don't know what the other variables are. 

I think of something maybe stupid.

If you open your room for an event.

If after one hour you launch again 3dxchat (on the same computer or on a second one) lets' call cession#02

If without disconnecting your avatar from cession#01 you log the same avatar on cession#02.

I know in this case it auto disonnect your avatar from cession#01 becasue you cannot have the same avatar connected 2 times (logic!)

I was wondering if with such a small time disconnection time it was closing your original shared room for all your visitor or not ?

I do not know if the shared room is linked to the avatar or to the original cession that you use to open share it.

It's funny because for me 3DXChat runs stable. I do get maybe one crash per month.

You can try running 3DXChat as admin and see if that makes any difference.

No it doesn't. It's fault in version of unity that 3DX updated to. Simple as that. 

I have 1070, 16 gigs of ram and 4690k, running the game on samsung pro SSD there's no reason why I should get the crashes. Nothing else crash.

We all looked into crash logs, it's not our computers computers period, its started after or around beach update when 3dx moved on updated version of unity so no suddenly dozens + people computers with different configurations don't get broken or need admin rights...

I am not sure about lowering details I run the game on extremely high with SSAO, Clothes Shadow, Water Reflections, SSRR HQ water Bloom and Additional shadows turned off. Otherwise big rooms are bitch even on my rig. But I shouldn't be forced to play on medium or even less in such game because of some random bug.

gotta love stupid irrelevant posts like " IT'S FUNNY CUS IT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ME"  every single IT post i come across in work or everywhere else there's always one person who says it. That's not how any IT / Tech shit works. Just because it works fine for you, doesn't mean it works fine for another 20 people.

We know that some people are able to run rooms 24/7 without crash, We also know that many people can't be in crowded location for more than 2 - 5 hours without crashing. Elishi and others posted dozens of logs in bug report forums. 

These two are facts. So we know it doesn't concern everyone and we also know that reproducing bug that happens in crowded room if you are there for multiple hours is not easy because not everyone is that long in one place. But this bug is very real and I am sick of it being ignored cus it's total mood breaker when you crash in middle of something. And its absolutely infuriating when someone writes "oh it's so funny cus it doesn't happen to me" I personally know over 15 people in game who get the same crash ever since that patch. 

Here are some logs and more details about crashes:

Elishi posts:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4830-3dxchat-25-beta-bug-tracker/?p=227116

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4830-3dxchat-25-beta-bug-tracker/?p=229085

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4830-3dxchat-25-beta-bug-tracker/?p=229324

Gman post:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4830-3dxchat-25-beta-bug-tracker/?p=227087

" IT'S FUNNY CUS IT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ME"

Well to my defense you are antisocial and you don't meet requirement of the crash - being in crowded room for extended amount of time. They sealed your ass in NC and no one goes there anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my crashes seem to be getting worse and worse each day. Getting to the point i might stop coming in. I've tried everything i know plus what every i have found out of the internet to make this software stop crashing and also giving me stupid error which i have never had for over a year till the world editor was given to us and then its just went down the hole deeper and deeper. I"m thinking that either a stupid windows update or one of the Microsoft visual C ++ is hosed but really cant remove and replace as I dont know which one the software is using.

Any 3dxchat techs able to help me please do please. Getting a little short on patients with this software. Sad I had just bought another years here sighs

Shorty

Well my crashes seem to be getting worse and worse each day. Getting to the point i might stop coming in. I've tried everything i know plus what every i have found out of the internet to make this software stop crashing and also giving me stupid error which i have never had for over a year till the world editor was given to us and then its just went down the hole deeper and deeper. I"m thinking that either a stupid windows update or one of the Microsoft visual C ++ is hosed but really cant remove and replace as I dont know which one the software is using.

Any 3dxchat techs able to help me please do please. Getting a little short on patients with this software. Sad I had just bought another years here sighs

Shorty

it is nothing on your PC.. its the mem leak in the 3dx chat client.

Shorty

Do you use wifi? If it is getting worse and worse each day I would think the problem it is on your side. Sure 3dx can crash but normally not so often as you describe. What is the behavior if it crash? Can you describe it a bit more?

• 2 weeks later...

I have never stopped having these crashes either, I just couldn't be arsed to post more of the same type of crash reports as I've done in multiple posts in the past as there was not a SINGLE reply from a dev about any of it. I can't remember the patch number it started happening off the top of my head, but I think I mentioned it in one of the previous posts in the bug thread. If staying in Sin's it takes about 2 hours now for the client to crash out, go to a private room with just a few people and it's perfectly fine. A bug that probably doesn't matter much for a majority of the illiterate shitheads on 3dx really, but for those of us that actually enjoy taking a long time with RP (as in it lasting 2+ hours, which isn't really that long either to be honest) it's a pain.

Nothing will probably happen though as they seem to either need to revert back to an older version of Unity or get to a much newer one. As for what is happening with patch 371 that just came out today, and if the issue still persists there, I cannot say as the game doesn't even let me get past the login screen right now. So, hurrah for bug fixes? The crashes that happen after 2 hours at Sin's also only started after a patch that was said to be bug fixes, so guess fixing bugs means that they're introducing more of them? *shrugs*