• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

sw4.jpg?id=98138917

"quick" tikanese forumpost jump 
Female-Ninja.jpg?id=88601613

the [forum board software] we are using here, is made by [invision power] n called invisioncommunity and after discovering this software here @ 3dxchat early 2014, blah... i/we bought a own serverlicence of it then in late 2015 for my/our community aka #own #digital #livingroom1.0 and it offers quite good additional, optional features, apps, tools n themes 

ica.jpg?id=116807382

made by the company itself and ofc and evn more: stuff aka usercontent made by #thecommunity "over there".

stuff, that one as an admin, can n could easy peasywise implement also into our forum here. i already pointed out some good usefull things in this topic @3dxchat here #yaaaaawns... activating of event-calander, b-days, forumchat and idk what else... but thats a other story :angry: ... for now and 2 be contiunded elswhere and ofc, also in privat pm :D get out some of the vests temporarely, gizmo hahaaa  :ph34r: 

i also had posted n thought of something simular like that, shortly after the WE was released and ppl started posting all that awesome cool stuff, that to 99%... till now... i only saw here in the forum and #NOTYET #LIVE ingame yet #sighs buuuuuuuut, the "problem" i see with ur attempt JJ... are #3things or thoughts : who will, besides clickn into this

Spoiler

ps: sry guyz, for possible [bleeding spoiler eyes] - but hey, wtf shall i say  :P  

Edited by chaostika, 26 January 2018 - 10:02 PM.

• KYUSS and Heden like this

#22 JenC

JenC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Im probably in the minority here, but I think this is a bad idea, separating/splitting community resources, which is all this achieves, is never a good thing. I think it would be much better to ask Gizmo to help out with the forum, maybe using a subsection with a few categories within this World Editor forum section for people to share assets?

• chaostika, KYUSS and MissD like this

#23 Yvonny

Yvonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Im probably in the minority here, but I think this is a bad idea, separating/splitting community resources, which is all this achieves, is never a good thing. I think it would be much better to ask Gizmo to help out with the forum, maybe using a subsection with a few categories within this World Editor forum section for people to share assets?

http://3dxforum.com/.../5980-workshop/ there already is 

#24 JenC

JenC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Yes, I know that thread is there, I posted a room on there, but as I said in my post, a dedicated section to the workshop, with sub categories, so people can post and also find stuff easier. 

• chaostika and KYUSS like this

#25 chloe

chloe

♫ Queen of Bass ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • LocationDJ Booth

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Nice Idea :)

#26 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

Great idea!

#27 Keely Kat

Keely Kat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

pretty sure its against Eula to post anything made within 3dx on any site outside 3dx without SGD's  permission. could be wrong but from what i read, looks to be the case

http://3dxchat.com/t...conditions.html

unfortunately for SGD, I'm not sure how they would tell what was made here, since I can make the exact same things in Google Sketchup.  Sure using their assets would be a give away, but I don't so....tell me how they would know its their builder and not some other 3D rendering program?

#28 RobT

RobT

Big Daddy Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

well, seeing as how the world editor had to be changed around somewhat to work in 3dx, not unreasonable to think maybe they put a safeguard in to tell them it is but for arguments sake lets say there is no way to tell that way. a big tip off might be the fact you named the shop 3dx and posted in its forum about it and are asking people to post what they make in the game to it.  maybe its just me but seems like a dead giveaway

#29 Anaganda

Anaganda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

Yeah it might be against Eula or whatever, but they'd be stupid to shut this down... it's doing no harm, it's a more convenient and easy way to share stuff among the builders, than via a forum thread... and it's helping their community grow... But yeah to be on the safe side just wait for a confirmation from them...

Again great idea Jina...

• chaostika and MsCarpeD like this

#30 Looana

Looana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

gonna support it aswell with my Links too

#31 Rennie

Rennie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

3DXModz

Inviting you to join 3dxmodz

We all at the 3DXModz have seen your creations and like to offer you a better way for your creations to be uploaded and seen by over 900 members to download and enjoy your amazing creations! We are more than just a DLL site that most people think we are. Here at the 3DXModz we offer support with helping with updates, building etc. We have clubs you can join for various things. We also have a section to see upcoming events of member’s parties and events plus upcoming 3DXModz Parties that we plan, some of them are building contest and yes we have actual money given away to top builders. I have included the link to the site. We do not need dropbox / imgurl etc... any 3rd party related sites to post your creativity! We would love for you to join and post like so many have!   

http://is.gd/3DXModz

Thanks,

The 3DXModz Team

Happy Building!

For more information contact: Chasan, Ayon, Lexzia, or Shaylee in game 

• panCDCA likes this

#32 panCDCA

panCDCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

I may be wrong and not know Jack (well I do he's my neighbor) BUT, I would think a small independent dev. like this would appreciate the player input and the sharing of files and ideas for W/E.  Again, I may be 100% wrong, BUT when people in the community share freely it builds interest and word of mouth advertising that means MORE business from people coming in to see a community that SHARES ideas and allows for creativity and individuality.

Again, I may be 100% wrong and if I am I would be shocked and disappointed for having such faith in a company. I guess it is the hippy-dippy, lovechild in me that believes this way.

Be well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: world editor, world, editor, files, shared, JuicyJina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users