3DXChat Community

ocean level wont stay where I want it to :/

TobiO

Hi there,

maybe this has been asked before, but I couldn´t find it.

So here my problem:

My ocean level should be set to 8m.

Unfortunately it jumps always back to 0m.

Don´t know when exactly... maybe always after I changed something during my building periods at the editor !?

Can someone tell me HOW the ocean level stays where it is and where I want it to be? :)

Dont ALWAYS want to go editor -> set 8m -> go out... before I can invite friends :)

TYYYY,

TobiO

Tha only way to keep eet there is......before you leave tha editor you must click tha value, ie in your case 8m, hit ENTER and then leave. Tha last ting you do before leaving otherwise tha ocean level will go default because tha settings values for that and snapping etc don't SAVE.

So do this everytime you go into Editor and before leaving eet because eet will only reset to 0m if you don't do tha above. Once done eet will stay where eet is foeva until you leave tha Editor once again without value clicking and pressing ENTER. :)

Hi there,

maybe this has been asked before, but I couldn´t find it.

So here my problem:

My ocean level should be set to 8m.

Unfortunately it jumps always back to 0m.

Don´t know when exactly... maybe always after I changed something during my building periods at the editor !?

Can someone tell me HOW the ocean level stays where it is and where I want it to be? :)

Dont ALWAYS want to go editor -> set 8m -> go out... before I can invite friends :)

TYYYY,

TobiO

It's not a bug, its a feature... this is to remind us constantly of the dangers of global warming!

heyyy and ty for all your replies. had been away 3 days -> because of this my late reply.

Ok, so then end of editor always put 8m ocean level -> ENTER and leave. Well.. maybe there will be a fix someday ... :)

and Chloe -> interesting way too see it like you mentioned :) Grüße :)

• 1 month later...

Why on earth will the ocean not stay put? Every time I lower my world to right above the ocean level, it stays for a while and then the ocean level drops some more. I go to settings, and the default ocean level is now lower and it won't let me raise it again.

This is not a matter of me changing the value. It's the matter of the default changing, the highest value the field will take. It started at 0, then -.5m, then -.7m, now it's -1.0174m.

WHY DOES THIS KEEP CHANGING???

Why on earth will the ocean not stay put? Every time I lower my world to right above the ocean level, it stays for a while and then the ocean level drops some more. I go to settings, and the default ocean level is now lower and it won't let me raise it again.

This is not a matter of me changing the value. It's the matter of the default changing, the highest value the field will take. It started at 0, then -.5m, then -.7m, now it's -1.0174m.

WHY DOES THIS KEEP CHANGING???

Somebody already answered this for you  :P 

Ocean level can not be higher than start point (player respawn object)