3DXChat Community

Speak for yourself..you sure don't speak for me..

Lilcal

So if we go off what you say that means that absolutely no surveys done in the world have any meaning, as they haven't taken the views form every single person in the world to determine what people think.

Again I will repeat and clarify something you didn't address in your response.

People will often say what they believe, as in "in my opinion most girls" they gain their views from conversations, self experience and public knowledge.

I have every right to express my view in a way where I say I feel that most most would not like seeing those rooms named the way they are, that is my opinion taken from having talked with lots of women, being one myself and seeing how most people are reacting to it.

You seem to be trying to say we should never say what we feel the opinions of most people will be, that we should all just stick to our own opinions.

You try to imply that we should not give an opinion on how most women feel about something because that would involve having to have surveyed every single women in the world to find that answer.

Sorry but what  load of rubbish, I believe everyone in the world often make decisions based on their idea of what the majority of people think on a subject.

Freedom of speech has been thrown at us as an excuse for people being able to call these rooms anything they want, yet you seem to be trying to deny us ours here.

I am perfectly entitled to say what I believe, even when it comes to what I believe in the way most people will think on something, it is only ever my opinion as to what I feel they would and I never proclaimed to knowing what every single women in the world thinks.

Again Twiggy I have no desire to try and change your mind about this or anything else.. But your opinion does not reflect mine..and you do not speak for me in any fashion or form.  I am not most women.. I am me.  You can say most women all you want..  again unless you have spoken with most women.. thats all you are doing, speaking. Professing to be all knowing and righteous in your opinions for us all.  Anyone can speak, it doesn't mean that what falls out of their mouths holds any fact or significance to anyone else.  I will say it again..  I AM NOT MOST WOMEN.. you do not speak for me. I and I alone speak for me. You do not know whats best for me simply because we have a vagina in common.  Assuming that you speak for anyone but yourself says to me that you have an inflated self worth.

Again Twiggy I have no desire to try and change your mind about this or anything else.. But your opinion does not reflect mine..and you do not speak for me in any fashion or form.  I am not most women.. I am me.  You can say most women all you want..  again unless you have spoken with most women.. thats all you are doing, speaking. Professing to be all knowing and righteous in your opinions for us all.  Anyone can speak, it doesn't mean that what falls out of their mouths holds any fact or significance to anyone else.  I will say it again..  I AM NOT MOST WOMEN.. you do not speak for me. I and I alone speak for me. You do not know whats best for me simply because we have a vagina in common.  Assuming that you speak for anyone but yourself says to me that you have an inflated self worth.

You're not as ''MOST WOMEN'' are  because you know why?  You are UNIQUE and stay as you are!

Love ya ;) xxx

Well why didn't you simply come in and say you don't agree with what I say instead of going on about people not speaking for you.

I repeat, no where in these forums have I claimed to be speaking for women, most or any, I have stated that in my opinion most, or in my opinion some, there would be percentages.

But you make it sound like I am trying to put words in your mouth, sorry but that is not the case.

As for you having no desire to try change my mind on things, what the hell was your post all about then if not to try change how we go about things.

You now are declaring yourself to be not in the most women category, that's fine except that you are now making the same observation you have been complaining about.

By saying that you are saying exactly the same thing, using your opinion of how most women think to not be the same as you.

You can have your opinion, truly that is fine by me, but don't come in these forums and try tell me I can't have mine because it doesn't agree with yours.

You can go on all you want about how I haven't spoken to most women in the world, but I will stick with my opinion, that I feel most women would not like the trends in the naming and themes of rooms in the rooms lists.

If you don't agree then by all means you are welcome to say so something like, in your opinion most women wouldn't care, instead of all this crap about me trying to speak for you when it is not the case.

Cal, I wasn't going to reply to this but after reading everything, I would like to inject my thoughts. 

While I agree with much of what you say... it's almost redundant to even say it in the 1st place. Sometimes simple common sense and even the smallest amount of research can provide much information. I have not spoken to most humans, but i will go out on a limb and take an educated guess that most of them would not enjoy being punched in the face. This guess of mine is not a quick uneducated assumption and there's lots of experience and interaction with enough people for me to make this statement. I have not spoken personally to everyone on the planet but I don't really see how that is a requirement for making a statement that is based on common sense and life experiences. 

I can take this one step further and ask the question...   "How do you know that men are offended by anything that's ever been said on these forums?" Have you personally spoken to them all? using your logic i will answer the question in a way that I believe you would answer it:  "Some men are probably offended by it, some aren't, and some really don't give a shit about anything that's been said here." This is a redundant answer to the question and it provides no thought to come up with such an answer. Certainly we as humans are intelligent and experienced enough to come up with statements involving other humans that are based on personal experiences, compassion, common sense, logic, and reasoning. I don't believe it's a requirement to speak to every woman in America to make a statement such as: "I believe most women enjoy receiving flowers as a gift." I have not spoken to all women or gathered this information personally, so does that mean my statement has no substance? The statement is based on interaction with many different forms of information over the course of my life. Certainly even you can agree to this statement. That's why I believe it's a redundant view. 

I'm not sure what it was that caused you to make a post like this in the 1st place but I will start by saying that I think you are intelligent and very well spoken. I don't really know you personally although I have seen you a lot in game and we seem to have a lot of mutual friends. There are also many things that are considered "status quo" that I do not line myself up with so I completely understand your frustration. But there's simply so many views and opinions about literally everything that we as humans obviously have no way of knowing exactly what every other human thinks or feels. But again, a little common sense, empathy, and experience is usually more than enough to formulate an opinion that includes others views without having to actually ask every one of them personally.

One thing I am confused by is that you said you were not a feminist. I think most people really have no idea what this word means. being a feminist simply means that you as a woman expect to be treated equally. I am not really sure how that word got misconstrued into something that should be seen as negative or extreme. I could take a guess as to why it's viewed that way but I'm pretty sure you would not like my opinion of it. 

I am not a man hater. I have only ever been with men in RL and most of my personal RL experiences with men have been positive. Most of my relationships with men have had issues not relating to how they treated me on a physical or emotional level so I have generally not had very many RL experiences with men that have been negative. Having said that.. my interactions with men in 3dx or really anything online has been a much different beast for me. I can only tell you of my opinions and experiences. While the interactions have still been mostly positive, the amount of negative interactions has increased dramatically when moving away from a RL setting. Again, I do not and have never held the assertion that all men are evil creatures. I have never even had the belief or opinion that most of them are. However, the things that I have strong opinions about may not line up with other peoples experiences and opinions and they may not understand my logic but that doesn't make my reasoning any less relevant.

The things that I have experienced personally and things I have seen and witnessed have shaped my views and opinions, just like they do with everyone else. I don't think I have seen a single post in these forums that have had the view that all men are evil. I will admit myself, i may have posted some things in a way that could easily be taken out of context. I'm sure everyone has. That's one problem with communicating through text. You can't experience the tone, expression, or emotion behind the text. It's just.. text. A woman making the post: "The things men do wrong in 3dx chat" is really no different than a man saying that women are the ones who should do dishes and laundry. Plus her post was not even a bash on men, it was actually a light-hearted and humorous post about an interaction she had that I think was taken WAY out of context. 

In closing out this thought, I agree with you that I don't think people should be making statements stating that a certain gender likes this or that because obviously that's just not realistic. You can't even get 90% of people to agree that grass is green. However, I do not feel one needs to personally interview everyone on the planet to make certain statements involving others views and opinions that are based on logic, empathy, experience, research, and overall common sense. 

IE: if you don't like flowers as a gift. That's doesn't change the fact that most women do. 

Nice work Cal. By simply stating an opinion you have got them all up in arms and you were polite about it to boot. Very impressive but dont worry, they will find something else to be offended by tomorrow im sure.

Sweet dreams and have a great Sunday

These should help you with your forum interactions:

186484.jpg

OMG that made me laugh.

We have found something we can agree on. It was pretty funny. Even Jess has a sense of humour sometimes.

I can admit that Jess has a pretty good sense of humor and this not only sometimes.

Not a knock on Jess. Jess is smart and I respect her opinions. I don’t really dislike anyone here, even though i disagree with some people on certain issues. I think we could all probably lighten up a bit and joke around sometimes, including myself.

Not a knock on Jess. Jess is smart and I respect her opinions. I don’t really dislike anyone here, even though i disagree with some people on certain issues. I think we could all probably lighten up a bit and joke around sometimes, including myself.

I agree with this. Here lately it's been pretty heated and I too am guilty of saying some things that were uncalled for and not needed. 

Well good morning.. lol.. i have a confession..  mmmhmm  Im a drama queen.  Evidenced by the fact that I have been here 2 years and this is my first thread..only the 4th or so time Ive ever posted at all.. as for the WC comment.. when have you seen me even talk in WC let alone have "drama"??  Or anywhere in world for that matter??  The least you could do with these sad nonsensical "opnions" is base them on some sort of factual content.    NEXT!!!!

I really dont understand the uproar here..  I only said that no one speaks for me.. and I still say that.. as far as Im concerned most of these posts are still continuing to prove my original point for me.  In fact Im even more firmly planted in my statement that there is not one of you qualified to speak for me!  I understand Ciera gettin mad  as i mentioned her post.. but it was the last one I read, the straw that broke the camels back we shall say.. there are so many in here where people profess to speak for all. Or push someone who doesnt fall into line, or ummm mainstream opinion, as so many in this very thread want to use to justify their speaking for the majority with.  Because something is mainstream doesnt mean that it is right  nor does it mean that it speaks for a majority of anything.   Turn off your tvs people.. kinda like the internet  just because you saw something there doesnt make it true!  So it doesnt matter how many studies are out there.. if you have not done the research and yes  talked to the majority that you purport to speak for, I say again,  all you are doing is blowing nonsense out of your mouths.   

I say again.. NO ONE SPEAKS FOR ME BUT ME!!  YOU SPEAK FOR NO ONE BUT YOURSELVES.  Im sure I would have the same ppl in here ranting and raving if I has said the opposite, the point your all tryin to make,  I Speak for most women when i say...    it gives me a good morning laugh.  Wait lemme guess..  Most women dont like to be laughed at right?!?!

Now lets get on with it shall we...

Twiggy.....  quoted from your post  #32...When I say where I feel most women, and here please note I have never said all women, it is my opinion that most women do think that way.

For example I have said that most new women players coming into 3DX would see the names and themes in the rooms list and have pointed out how I feel most would feel about it.

Does adding the word opinion to your statement about most women change the fact that you are absolutely claiming to speak for most women??  lets try this..  "Cal!  It is my opinion that your a dirty cuntmuffin!!"  Did adding the word opinion mean I didn't just call myself a dirty cuntmuffin???  Again  lets inject some reality into your delusion that you speak for the majority of anyone.  Just because you add the words.. it is my opinion.. to the statement still doesn't mean you speak for anyone but your damn self.  

Quoted from you last post #41...Well why didn't you simply come in and say you don't agree with what I say instead of going on about people not speaking for you.    

LOL... um because I didnt want to??  I wrote a post about no one speaking for me  or for all women or all anything else.  My opinions are moot.  Doesnt matter if I agree or disagree with one thing you have said..you still do not speak for me.  Because we may share one opinion in common does not mean you speak for me.  The only opinions that I have stated were in direct response to your direct questions.  The statement that you do not speak for me is not an opinion.. it is fact!! 

#41 again..As for you having no desire to try change my mind on things, what the hell was your post all about then if not to try change how we go about things.

I stated that no one speaks for me but me..  I never tried to change a damn thing.  I stated that it rubbed me wrong when people believe they speak for anyone else.  Still does  maybe even more so now.  And umm  you still do not speak for me!  Im even more adamant now..

#41 again..By saying that you are saying exactly the same thing, using your opinion of how most women think to not be the same as you.

HUH?  I dont know how most women think... again and again i say I simply dont know most women.  And my opinion of myself isnt so inflated that I believe I can speak for most of them.  

#41  You can have your opinion, truly that is fine by me, but don't come in these forums and try tell me I can't have mine because it doesn't agree with yours.

So now you think that you can not only speak for me, but tell me what I can and can not do??  hahaha..I didnt do that.  I never once said that anyone couldnt have their own opinion, in fact i said exactly the opposite.  My post was about people purporting to speak for others... nothing more  nothing less.. BUUUUUT... what if i did?  "but don't come in these forums and try tell me I can't have mine"..  lol or what?!?!  I cant tell ppl they dont speak for me  but you can tell me what I am and am not allowed to do with my time here in the forums??  My original point.. argued for me..  TY and goodbye.

Jessica:  Redundant huh?  kinda like 100 pages of arguing that a topic is bad bad bad when its already an illegal activity?  Already against the TOS?  Already looked upon as terrible and wrong by the mainstream..the empathy and the educated assumptions.. sorry i guess its just me thats not allowed to be "Redundant". Oh Im probably not allowed to talk about that huh?

As for the rest of the post, once again  your just arguing my point for me.  The punch in the face thing?  Seee i would actually like that.. I grew up fighting  I love to fight.. there was a time i walked around lookin for it at all times..  but you grow up and realize that you dont want to spend your life in jail..  sooooo..  if someone gave me a reason to fight, and punching me in the face would do that, without the risk of going to jail?  ya  i tend to like the idea very much.  Call it a Napolean complex if you will.. but being the little 5ft chick that fights like a bad ass??  always been a turn on for me!   SOOOOO  ty  once again  No one speaks for me but me..

The stupid flowers thing??  I hate them  I think they are a thoughtless waste of money.. I asked for a new oven and HIDs for my car this year for Christmas.. sooo ty once again for arguing my point.  But "most" women must like them.. since you say so.  

I will say again.. no one has experienced this world the same way that I have.. therefore no one can speak for me but me.  No one has experienced this world in the exact same way that you have.. so no one can speak for you but you!  Your experiences.. assumptions, opinions dont allow you to speak for anyone else.  Just this whole argument pretty much proves my point... we disagree  we differ  you can not speak for others.  

I am going to say this, I wasn't going to but I think I have to.  I have never, ever, professed to speak for women as a whole. Check what I say, read the words OK, show me where I do so. Quote me, in context, if you like. To accuse me of doing so is just like .................... anybody reading this knows the list of the usual names. That is why I was suspicious of your original post.

I do speak on many matters professionally. When I do so I make sure I have sufficient competence to carry the issues through, to the satisfaction of my boss and his investors. I also deal with technical issues associated with some pretty new technologies. So don't you dare do what RobT, Mulan, Briana, Mar_Mohan et al do and misconstrue what I say and try to batter me with it. The fact that your approach and line is consistent with theirs says a lot about you. The line itself says a lot about all of you.

You need to check your facts and read what I had written.  I don't misconstrue anything that you have said.  I never battered you either it was the other way around.  Your thread that was deleted along with the other because of how it got way out of hand about rape - I'll state again I'm an actual REAL VICTIM and you and a couple others in your post attacked me all because your original post wasn't clear.  If I wanted to attack you as you've claimed I'd go after every post and thread you've written but I'm not like that at all.  You're constantly mentioning RobT and Co. throwing anyone that doesn't agree with you in that lot, which is wrong.  Read over my posts as a lot of them are helpful or clarify something. I don't need to attack people to make a point nor will I ever.

I'll now disengage from this one. You can say what the hell you like but I will not crawl off and shut up like you want me to. My views are niether extreme, nor unusual. They are pretty much in the middle of opinion in the western world. Do not make things out to be what they are not.

Care to explain what's so well spoken about it? You don't see how Ciera's post was completely misconstrued and turned into a buttload of unnecessary drama?

Thread Title.." The THings Men Do Wrong in 3dx Chat"  hmm which word ya think it was that tripped me up???  There are some really big hard ones in there..  Maybe you could come tutor me?? 

Jessica:  Redundant huh?  kinda like 100 pages of arguing that a topic is bad bad bad when its already an illegal activity?  Already against the TOS?  Already looked upon as terrible and wrong by the mainstream..the empathy and the educated assumptions.. sorry i guess its just me thats not allowed to be "Redundant". Oh Im probably not allowed to talk about that huh?

As for the rest of the post, once again  your just arguing my point for me.  The punch in the face thing?  Seee i would actually like that.. I grew up fighting  I love to fight.. there was a time i walked around lookin for it at all times..  but you grow up and realize that you dont want to spend your life in jail..  sooooo..  if someone gave me a reason to fight, and punching me in the face would do that, without the risk of going to jail?  ya  i tend to like the idea very much.  Call it a Napolean complex if you will.. but being the little 5ft chick that fights like a bad ass??  always been a turn on for me!   SOOOOO  ty  once again  No one speaks for me but me..

The stupid flowers thing??  I hate them  I think they are a thoughtless waste of money.. I asked for a new oven and HIDs for my car this year for Christmas.. sooo ty once again for arguing my point.  But "most" women must like them.. since you say so.  

I will say again.. no one has experienced this world the same way that I have.. therefore no one can speak for me but me.  No one has experienced this world in the exact same way that you have.. so no one can speak for you but you!  Your experiences.. assumptions, opinions dont allow you to speak for anyone else.  Just this whole argument pretty much proves my point... we disagree  we differ  you can not speak for others.  

And I will say again... It's VERY CLEARLY safe to say most people don't like to get punched in the face and it's also safe to say most women love flowers. I don't think anyone needs to be a genius or talk to every woman in America to know this. It's basic common knowledge. That is not speaking for you, and i never said you fell into the "most women" category. In fact I clearly stated that it appeared that you did not. 

No one is speaking for you and no one has even attempted to. We get it.. you are different. We all are unique in our own ways. I was not judging you, but it seems you did not even read what I said, but merely skimmed over it. I was trying to open up an intelligent dialogue and have a discussion. I didn't expect an argumentative reply.

In the end it doesn't matter does it? Have a great day. 

Question..There are 10 women who liked my original post.. and three or so arguing against it..  how does that fit into your "most women"  arguments??  I guess they aren't most women either.

I will jessica ty!  Its beautiful and snow covered outside.. I will spend some time sitting on my deck sipping my coffee.  Watching my dogs and my boy play in the snow.  You have a great day too!