3DXChat Community

The THings Men Do Wrong in 3dx Chat

Guest Ciera

You'll never get the point both because you don't want to see it but also because you appear to believe that women are in some way creatures to be used ................................................. grow up out of the victorian era and into the 21st century. We have the right to control what happens to our bodies, whether it be pixelated or real. In exactly the same way you blokes expect do.

I'm curious. (Really.  No hidden agenda here.)  If you walked into Sin Club and some stranger typed:

"Hey Perimede, *hugs*"

Would you react the same way as if the same stranger had said, "Hey Perimede" and then clicked the cuddle button?

What about if he had instead typed:

"Hey Perimede"

/me Hugs Perimede

Do the animations matter more than the words and emotes?

Tlaera

They've made an attempt in your scenario, Tia, to communicate, which makes it very, very different. It invites you to say yes or no. It's certainly less random and suggests the person wanting to hug is actually interested in you. What I am on about is where it is assumed they can do it without asking and then when challenged suggest it is their right to do it. The latter turns what is a minor irritation into something far more serious. As in my grizzle earlier.

It's a good point, and illuminates the issue well, so thanks for asking.

No one has stated anything against women’s rights here besides yourself making this into a huge ordeal... something you may possibly learn is that no one is trying to discredit you or say you are wrong. Yet you keep saying. We are. Matter or opinion just because (this many) people agree with you doesn’t mean you’re right and just cuz (this many) people disagree doesn’t mean you’re wrong. The point of making light of it is to stop the bullying that you’ve taken upon yourself to dish out just because people disagree with you. You’ve brought it to saying people don’t respect women and say they think of them only to be used... over a HUG. You blocked. You complained. You made it into more than it is now I think it’s time to move on.

Look at the current dialogue between me and Tia, now that's useful, pleasant, interesting. All good stuff.

Sagie's suggestion moves the discussion forward, as do most of the posts except for those from one or two people.

I did too until she compared me to the trolls of 3dx. But who fucking cares. I’m about to go on a damn hug spree in protest of all the time I’ve wasted talking about this subject. My point will continue to be disregarded by unnamed person above. So.. ignore her is the only thing that can be done at this time. Peace glitches.

Yet you responded... peace little girl.

Go on and get upset about more important matters. That have an actual impact on the world.. hell even more of an impact on 3dx. The devs can’t appease every single one of your little nit picky issues. For fucks sake woman. Grow up or stfu. I’m done.

Yeah, yeah. It also gets more peaceful when certain people from across the pond go to sleep. Now stop trying to make light of what starts out as an irritation but, because of person’s intent, becomes more serious. Just like in my three examples.

I suppose we could list examples of bad behaviour in order of severity

Colds - irritating, a prefer not to happe thing. You have a chance to decline

Random hugging. No chance to decline so there are some people who do it deliberately to cause offence or annoyance. Probably most are noobs who don’t know better. It is irritating, though, and most people don’t really like it.

Random kissers- as per random huggers but worse because it’s a closer invasion of personal space.

Naked wankers - seriously unpleasant and says a great deal about the naked wanker

Now we get on to alt misuse in all its guises from building a one to one relationship while playing out with another. This can be very hurtful.

Then we get on to the rumour mongers and mind messers. They really are beneath contemp in my book.

So I think we, as a community, are right to be concerned about in game behaviour and seeking ways to reduce bad behaviour.

What is really interesting is who backs who up ...................................  nothing I've said is contentious. Some behaviours in game aren't acceptable. Some of them have reasonably effective ways of stopping them but they haven't been implemented. Some are more serious and more difficult to deal with. Hence the need for discussion.

The only strategies we have are iggie and report. Both are reactive, so it's quite reasonable to take a look and see if there's anything else that could be done. When it comes to both iggie and report the problem is people with multiple accounts who use that to get round iggie and any action arising from reports. Nothing contentious whatsoever there.

The thing that makes me angry is people making light of something that is actually a problem. For example RobT suggested I'd made up the incident over the guy who targeted me for a random hug and made out it was OK. The guy is a long standing player and does know better. Does that demonstrate anything supportive?

You, TheThruth3dx, have consistently poured scorn on everything anybody has said, and now you attack me as if my raising issues is in some way wrong. Certain people back you both up posting the same old, same old memes and liking everything you say.  OK they're welcome to agree with you, they're welcome to like what you say - the but is it's always the same few people every time. That says quite a lot about all of you adn what it si you are trying to do on the forums. Lastly you have no more access to the truth as anybody else, so your name was chosen deliberately to make a point. I think most people have worked out what that point is.

I'm sure I won't get the last word on this one, not that I want to. I think that's about as far as I need to go with it. My points are clear to anybody who choses to read what's here. All I need to do now is to drop a note to Gizmo asking for the agree button thing to be added to hugs and kisses - which'll solve these particular irriations if he choses to pick up on it. It still leaves the more serious stuff open, but I never intended to bring that into this thread.