Losst AKA AnnieBunny

• Β 
  • photo-thumb-1.png?_r=1410957006
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 780 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted Today, 01:47 PM

By saving your world on the game server, you must understand that it becomes public and available to all players. This means that your world can be downloaded, and also copied as any public information in the Internet.

If you do not agree that your world can be accessible to other players, then do not create your worlds in the World Editor.

Β 

Thank you Gizmo. No more worlds from me. Keep up the good work. Your JSON .world files are amazing! I hope you will get enough money to rent a server and store .world's serverside along with ownerID someday.

i guess Gizmo think its okey to pirate movies an music then...becouse its on the internet its puplic an free to be copied -.-

Β 

maybe someone should just pirate 3DX Chat an realease there own version? becouse well its on the internet an free to be copied.....

so if the people don't whant there music an movies to get pirated..they should just not make them in the first place...Β  or i don't know park there car in a puplic place if they don't whant it to get jacked. ...gotcha

Β 

It's here exactly this kind of sense :lol:

Β 

You don't want share your pretty girlfriend with other guys then you shouldn't have a pretty girlfriend :huh::lol:

he is saying if you dont want them to possibly beΒ  jacked, dont make them to begin with

Β 

Really thank you for you answer... *twirls a strand of her blond hair with her index, mouth half opened*

Β 

So yeah, it's supposed, somehow, to be a social game where you bridle people's skills and don't make them want to share their OWN creations cause anyone could still them...

Β 

Great, let's all go back to old NC and sit on stools !

Β 

I understand that it's created thanks to the in game tools, and so it belongs to 3dx somehow, although some creators like to share their rooms and make others spend nice time in their creations. Less will do probably if their room isn't unique anymore. It just needs one "popular" thief to drag all the people in his/her room.

Β 

Sad world we live in, where you can't respect work of the others...

Β 

*me shuts topic and gets out of this crap as it's an unsolvable matter anyway*

Yippeee, sounds aweome!Β 

Β 

So how many more 3DX copies are we gonna now see, seeing as tha developer is ok with stealing. So ah can steal someones identity here maybe or their chat messages, their AV coz eeets all online and up fo grabs, Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And why exactly cant ah post names and pms in here, that's all online too and free to take like rooms are, progs that show alts are fine now and anyting ah can get mah hands on that gives me other peeps stuff Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wow life got real easy.

Β 

If this is tha message youre sending out by not giving a sheet about ya customers then eetll only come back ta bite ya in many many forms, bad move.

I am sorry Gizmo but I don't think your answer to this is what's needed.

What you have said is very much saying to people in the game for the ones that want to steal, go for it, for the ones that want to create, well it's your own fault if it gets stolen.

How about some real thought into the issue instead of putting the blame on the innocent.

Add a new rule for starters, "It is against the rules to copy and use another players world without their permission"

At least that would be something to show you are against it.

Get a little more professional in your approach to these problems.

Hmm. This policy seems like it might discourage some of our community's master builders from sharing things here. I mean, if you put hours into a project and someone is like, "Lol, mine!" and the admin is like, "Well, it's your own fault for showing it to people" then it's kind of ... idk. People are proud of their work, and rightly so. I agree that it's super lame of people to steal other people's work, but for the admin to tacitly okay it is uncomfortable.

Regardless of ones feelings or interpretation of the developers response, I find it ironic they would, on the one hand, make available this great tool for people to express their creativity (and I have seen some really fantastic examples of this creativity) and then on the other hand, discourage those same people from being creative by basically implying that all the time and effort they put into their creations can simply be copied by another to use as they see fit.

Β 

Looking at it from a strictly business perspective, I'd be curious as to their thoughts on how this approach increases their bottom line.

@gizmo

Β 

What if room files were only ever stored or loaded from the server? And to load a room, you would have to have the id of the creator? If there were no loading from files on the client pc into the world editor, only loading from the server behind an id check, wouldn't this make stealing rooms a lot more difficult? We would lose the feature to share room files, but we could get that back if you built a "Share" feature into the game that would grant access to the id(s) of the person(s) the room had been shared with. Those people would then see that room as an option when loading a room. They would see a menu list of the room files they have access to on the server, and this would be the ONLY way to load a room into the editor.

Β 

It seems to me that the ability to load a room into the editor from a local file is really the root of this problem.

@gizmo

Β 

What if room files were only ever stored or loaded from the server? And to load a room, you would have to have the id of the creator? If there were no loading from files on the client pc into the world editor, only loading from the server behind an id check, wouldn't this make stealing rooms a lot more difficult? We would lose the feature to share room files, but we could get that back if you built a "Share" feature into the game that would grant access to the id(s) of the person(s) the room had been shared with. Those people would then see that room as an option when loading a room. They would see a menu list of the room files they have access to on the server, and this would be the ONLY way to load a room into the editor.

Β 

It seems to me that the ability to load a room into the editor from a local file is really the root of this problem.

Β 

Just the crypt/decrypt would it made more difficult and to each update they could change the encryption...

Not 100% the perfect solution but it's more difficult as the current method.

1 time monthly a security patch to change the encryption brings also the modds so much fun to enjoy their game :lol::)

Β 

Nothing is 100% safe I know but the simple intention to safe their members could move mountains...

Β 

Now is it "Everything can copied" Eat or Die :huh:

Really thank you for you answer... *twirls a strand of her blond hair with her index, mouth half opened*

Β 

So yeah, it's supposed, somehow, to be a social game where you bridle people's skills and don't make them want to share their OWN creations cause anyone could still them...

Β 

Great, let's all go back to old NC and sit on stools !

Β 

I understand that it's created thanks to the in game tools, and so it belongs to 3dx somehow, although some creators like to share their rooms and make others spend nice time in their creations. Less will do probably if their room isn't unique anymore. It just needs one "popular" thief to drag all the people in his/her room.

Β 

My comment is about this bold statement.Β  That's like saying an artist who paints the Mona Lisa now owns it because the artist used the paints to make it or the brush company that made the brushes, that is inaccurate.Β  They provide the tools what we do with it is up to us and in no way does it belong to them.Β  Now if you work for a company or sign up for something that states anything you create belongs to us then yes they have every right to you and there's not much you can do about it because you agreed to it otherwise you wouldn't have signed a document or clicked on Yes/I agree/agree and such.

Β 

Sad world we live in, where you can't respect work of the others...

Β 

*me shuts topic and gets out of this crap as it's an unsolvable matter anyway*

I am sorry Gizmo but I don't think your answer to this is what's needed.

What you have said is very much saying to people in the game for the ones that want to steal, go for it, for the ones that want to create, well it's your own fault if it gets stolen.

How about some real thought into the issue instead of putting the blame on the innocent.

Add a new rule for starters, "It is against the rules to copy and use another players world without their permission"

At least that would be something to show you are against it.

Get a little more professional in your approach to these problems.

They can actually do that to anyone who has to renew or log in to the client itself as well as the forum so you understand and agree to it so all users can understand that if they do it then they have to accept the penalty for it.

Just the crypt/decrypt would it made more difficult and to each update they could change the encryption...

Not 100% the perfect solution but it's more difficult as the current method.

1 time monthly a security patch to change the encryption brings also the modds so much fun to enjoy their game :lol::)

Β 

Nothing is 100% safe I know but the simple intention to safe their members could move mountains...

Β 

Now is it "Everything can copied" Eat or Die :huh:

There are a lot of ways to help prevent but nothing is 100% nor will it ever be.Β  While this may upset a lot of people it's going to happen on here and everywhere.Β  The dev team can make things more strict with the rules but then they have to enforce it and that doesn't always happen either.

Β 

It missed this:

Sentra

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 PM

@gizmo

Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

I would really wish that we could at least SOMETHING about it. Like everyone said before, people put their pride into their builds and want to create something unique. If you created something cool and the next day you See 7 copies of your own work, while all the imposters claim everything to be their own work...ughhj, that disgusts me. Because sadly I KNOW that there are people like that out there...