#81 Ica

Ica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIngame: Icarus

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

Does not make sense to flame each othter. Might be better to find a way with the admins/mods that something has to happen. Internet is not a legal vacuum. If there is noway in a short term to change the game, maybe we can get a some ban-rules regarding people stealing rooms!

#82 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

It's never been anything new monthly. It's always been the same issues.

#83 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

Does not make sense to flame each othter. Might be better to find a way with the admins/mods that something has to happen. Internet is not a legal vacuum. If there is noway in a short term to change the game, maybe we can get a some ban-rules regarding people stealing rooms!

you guys keep harping on a what the admins are going to do, they already released an official statement, now sure how much clearer it could have been....   seems pretty black and white to me. The fact that you dont want to accept this is your problem.  while its trashy as hell that pierres room got stolen its pretty clear what the owners stance is. the only one that doesnt see this is you.  just because you people want to ignore it doesnt mean it doesnt exist

By saving your world on the game server, you must understand that it becomes public and available to all players. This means that your world can be downloaded, and also copied as any public information in the Internet.

If you do not agree that your world can be accessible to other players, then do not create your worlds in the World Editor.

#84 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

Someone had an idea of a hall of shame. It can be viewed as harassment. I think the Devs should treat room stealing like Spams, if you can prove it was stolen by screenshots that a builder made the room, then the room thief should be suspended. But at the same time, there is a possible of two rooms being a like. For example two rooms featuring the Millennium Falcon. Both Falcons were amazing and original, same with the air ships, pirate ships, castles, goldfishes. We as individuals can chose to stand behind the original  and talk with the thief about doing the right thing. As for what "saved the game," it was not one thing while the world builder enhances the game, our own individual abilities of making friends, having fun, making fun parties or comedy trolling make this game fun. No idea what will kill this game, leaving to second life and will still return here, because it is fun.

#85 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,dontcreateworldsindaWorldEditor,whatareyousaymenounderstandthatconcepteetscrazeeetalkahtellzya. :P Aaaah sheet. Now this friggin annoys me if nothing else, why oh why when ah start a reply in here mah spacebar wont work, Ah have to literally spam da sheets outa mousey pants till eet works in this Reply window. And I'm not putting spaces in mah first line screeew dat for petes sake eets heckins borrox ah tellz ya troo story. BlaaarG!

Anyways to tha topic at hand, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what was eets again?

Room stealing is bad mmm kay, get caught doing then we all throw rocks at you.  Maybe we cant get good security but we all can shame tha bajeebuses out tha crooks find who they are and all their disguises strap poo bombs on dems and set tha timer and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Thiefs need to be named and shamed, hellz they are on da interwebs so we can do wot we wants when we wants, eets a free fo all aint eets :P Rules to protect tha thieves tho coz wilps they are people too so ah guess mah ideas are sorta meaners so lets put flowers on dem all sorts of nice ones, pinks, reds, blues and purps and hopefully just hopefully, a squadron of bees will get ems :PPPPPP

Wilps mah jobbins is dunns and with a swoosh of her cape and a rojer dodjer salutes eets

Allie AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  Attached File  Soopa Allie Awaaaaaaay!.jpg   11.22KB   0 downloads

• chloe likes this

#86 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

its the browser

#87 Ica

Ica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

. the only one that doesnt see this is you.

No talking no changes  ;)

• RobT likes this

#88 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

No talking no changes  ;)

only problem is its a one way conversation but i will agree with you on that. 

• Ica likes this

#89 xDoe

xDoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationWild Hairy Haggis Land

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

A friend gave me one to use, coz I'm too lazy/busy at times to work out the editor (I tried during Christmas to put a Christmas tree in........2 fucking hours it took to get the thing where I wanted XD)

PS. If anyone wants to design a room or improve my room somehow, lemme know. If there's anyone sharing their room, lemme know too. All credit goes to the designer. The editor is just confusing and damn well frustrating. Admire people who got the patience for it!

• CowboyBob and MsCarpeD like this

#90 Maxx

Maxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

There are some watching to see if content from here shows up elsewhere for sale in other Unity micro economies.

This problem is only at the beginning stage.

Hopefully steps are taken quickly before 3DXChat becomes known as the place ripped off content comes from.

#91 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

There are some watching to see if content from here shows up elsewhere for sale in other Unity micro economies.

Lol, seriously? Those files only makes sense if applied to 3DXChat (or some hypothetical 3DXChat clone that has all of the same objects with compatible properties and the same workflow logic). Again, hypothetically, one can make a converter for geometric primitives in .world files to be recreatable in another software/game, but there are so many "buts" I wouldn't even know where to start %)

• Sage Stoner and chloe like this

#92 MsCarpeD

MsCarpeD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

A friend gave me one to use, coz I'm too lazy/busy at times to work out the editor (I tried during Christmas to put a Christmas tree in........2 fucking hours it took to get the thing where I wanted XD)

PS. If anyone wants to design a room or improve my room somehow, lemme know. If there's anyone sharing their room, lemme know too. All credit goes to the designer. The editor is just confusing and damn well frustrating. Admire people who got the patience for it!

Whether people call it stealing, hacking, downloading a copy from the server to use a place you didn't create on here and pass it off as yours without permission as well as crediting the person that created it is wrong no matter how you look at it. It's a disgraceful act though while technically it's not breaking any rules it is still unacceptable. I'm not a builder by far, but finally after weeks of trying I managed to make a small room for myself from start to finish yesterday. It's not a great room, but it's mine. As you've said as well xDoe I'd gladly accept all assistance when it comes to building. I'm not lazy however I do find the world editor to be confusing when it comes to trying to remember what each tool does at the time you need to use it, cause it takes too long to reference a tutorial each and every time despite having watched the entire tutorials. I'd gladly accept build files for apartments, beaches beach resorts, clubs, condos, and etc. I'd gladly accept help with my own build to improve it as well and even custom builds for those willing as well as free to do for me. I'm always willing to give credit to the original builder and never take the credit for any sort of build that I didn't create. I would honor whatever agreement I have with said builder if any agreement was made as long as it's made within reason, but under no circumstances would I ever steal, hack, download a copy, and take credit for something someone else did. If I don't have permission to use it and given a copy from the builder then I won't obtain it by no other means unless it's shared in the forums. No matter how anyone sizes it up if someone didn't create it, wasn't given a copy to use from the creator, or didn't get it from the forum (which is obviously permitted by the creator if they are sharing it on the forum) then it shouldn't be used as anyone else's. It was said that if we don't agree with our rooms being possible to be downloaded and copied from the server then don't build in the world editor. That once we do upload it in game it's on the server available to be downloaded and copied. Yet it's not stealing?!? Then if the devs truly feel like that they should list a catalog of builds from their server. They haven't done that, cause the point that's not being said by them is it's wrong and while it's not in plain print that we shouldn't be able to obtain things someone else created from their servers to download a copy they however doesn't want anyone being able to do so despite someone already doing it which was wrong. There is no competition here just people trying to get over on others by taking something that they didn't create and don't have permission to use as their own.

Sorry for the long comment/rant, but it does tick me off knowing that things like this is possible.

• chloe and Ica like this

#93 Ica

Ica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

Whether people call it stealing, hacking, downloading a copy from the server to use a place you didn't create on here and pass it off as yours without permission as well as crediting the person that created it is wrong no matter how you look at it. It's a disgraceful act though while technically it's not breaking any rules it is still unacceptable. I'm not a builder by far, but finally after weeks of trying I managed to make a small room for myself from start to finish yesterday. It's not a great room, but it's mine. As you've said as well xDoe I'd gladly accept all assistance when it comes to building. I'm not lazy however I do find the world editor to be confusing when it comes to trying to remember what each tool does at the time you need to use it, cause it takes too long to reference a tutorial each and every time despite having watched the entire tutorials. I'd gladly accept build files for apartments, beaches beach resorts, clubs, condos, and etc. I'd gladly accept help with my own build to improve it as well and even custom builds for those willing as well as free to do for me. I'm always willing to give credit to the original builder and never take the credit for any sort of build that I didn't create. I would honor whatever agreement I have with said builder if any agreement was made as long as it's made within reason, but under no circumstances would I ever steal, hack, download a copy, and take credit for something someone else did. If I don't have permission to use it and given a copy from the builder then I won't obtain it by no other means unless it's shared in the forums. No matter how anyone sizes it up if someone didn't create it, wasn't given a copy to use from the creator, or didn't get it from the forum (which is obviously permitted by the creator if they are sharing it on the forum) then it shouldn't be used as anyone else's. It was said that if we don't agree with our rooms being possible to be downloaded and copied from the server then don't build in the world editor. That once we do upload it in game it's on the server available to be downloaded and copied. Yet it's not stealing?!? Then if the devs truly feel like that they should list a catalog of builds from their server. They haven't done that, cause the point that's not being said by them is it's wrong and while it's not in plain print that we shouldn't be able to obtain things someone else created from their servers to download a copy they however doesn't want anyone being able to do so despite someone already doing it which was wrong. There is no competition here just people trying to get over on others by taking something that they didn't create and don't have permission to use as their own.

Sorry for the long comment/rant, but it does tick me off knowing that things like this is possible.

nothing to add :)

• MsCarpeD likes this

#94 Coffee and BJs

Coffee and BJs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

I don't get it...   when I save an item or a room, or load one, the path is computer, c, games, 3dx...  does this mean others have access to my 'puter?

#95 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

thats the default location it saves to on your computer because the game is installed there

KAd1lUJTQY6eiyjpfYlAtg.png

#96 KYUSS

KYUSS

Sometimes I wonder - just like my sis!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Location[Fresh|Air] Patch

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

V7fV0Y3.jpg

tumblr_o8vwnuxuXS1u7t71ro1_400.gif

#97 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

I don't get it...   when I save an item or a room, or load one, the path is computer, c, games, 3dx...  does this mean others have access to my 'puter?

No they have access to all things you share with the server :)

The Manuel save at your own pc is one step but with this step is nothing happen and no one have access...

The other step is to make it public and upload your files in to the 3DX server, this is happen when you visit your own Location outside of the world editor or when you leave the World Editor and go into an another Location without Clear all your props before. Or when you make your room access public for everyone/friends/groups...

When you save your world file Manuel and Exit the Game inside of the World Editor will also nothing be uploaded.

• Coffee and BJs likes this

#98 CowboyBob

CowboyBob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTexas USA

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

I don't have a problem, if a person share a room from me, i've released :)

But what i personally dont like, is if a Member say its his room^^ 

Easy solution. Put your signature or logo somewhere in the design. That way, if somebody claims a room is their own creation, you can check for the signature or logo on, say, the bedroom ceiling or the bathroom mirror and you can prove whose design it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users