#21 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓡𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 β„‹π“ͺ𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • Locationπ”Šπ”’π”―π”ͺπ”žπ”«π‘¦

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

The message "No one builds individual Locations for their self and you all build just for 3DXChat as kind of content author" was clear for me before the WorldEditor was released.

The only one thing you can do for some author recognition is to post screenshots and release your Location by yourself as Download in Forum.

At least will then everyone know of where the content was coming of :)

Tart taste but a fact :(

#22 MaryStGeorge

MaryStGeorge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Pity that so little is done for our safety. Also with respect to the events in the past. ;) 

• Pierrousss, Maik and Ica like this

#23 NickyLove

NickyLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

welcome to 3dx hack.

Gizmo take this seriously! Block access for those who are guilty of this and apply security because this is completely unacceptable !!
If this happens regularly, I can hope that people will leave this game.

• Pierrousss, chloe, Girlie and 1 other like this

#24 Vaughan_Rarius

Vaughan_Rarius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

We could do a gallery of shame. in forum.

If someone steals a room, lets tell everyone what a shameless thief they are.

Hell i'll even do a screenshot of the post and post it in my game profile so anyone who cares to look will see it. 

We can keep posting it in World chat and in the Local chat for the room too

Its a damn disgrace that its tolerated.  I'll boycott those stolen rooms and only visit to tell anyone who will listen that the room is stolen and should be deleted. 

I do not have this creative talent but I do know the hard work that our amazing architects here put into their creations.

And 3dxchat - you should ban the thieves till they take it down and delete. 

Just because it can be done does not mean 3DXChat  should tolerate it. Add it to your TOS rules. and ban these thieves. 

tumblr_mr9py7aOdq1snqykgo1_400.gif      tenor.gif?itemid=5116056

• chloe likes this

#25 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬π”ͺ𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 π”Šπ”¦π”―π”©

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

I am sad to see our fellow developers have the same opinion about creative property as some fellow users here.

I d say: Yup then there's nothing we can do about it, but stop making content for people to enjoy.

Can't wait to hear complaints when our talented room builders stop to make rooms and share their content to thoose who aren't decent room builders.

Good job.

giphy.gif
  • Pierrousss, Girlie, Veronique and 2 others like this

#26 Conlan

Conlan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

gizmo.jpg

that's probably all he has to say about this :(

and how else?

f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gifamused-chuckle-funny-haha-ha-ha-hahaha-l

I hereby nominate gizmo for "Comedian of the Year". Even though the year has just started, he is one of the strongest candidates so far. ;)

• Pierrousss, Girlie, Veronique and 3 others like this

#27 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Would clearing all props in tha Editor back to an empty World after you have saved your room and then uploading to server keep your work safe?

And then loading from file when you actually want to host in eets fo a party or sumthing?

#28 KimmyFox

KimmyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Think sadly it will be nail in coffin of great designed rooms and creativity with world editor, because I doubt many going to put in several hours of building in editor to make something amazing. If it just get used and open half dozen same copied room throughout room list, so probably see less worked on user rooms from now on I know wouldn't personally spend 6-12 hours making room only to see hard work flooded on user list.

• Ica likes this

#29 Wizard

Wizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

I don't see this is a problem. Somebody steal a lego world, who cares. And i really don't want devs to waste months of developing a room stealing protection stuff, insted of doing something sex related (finally) to the game.

#30 KimmyFox

KimmyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

I don't see this is a problem. Somebody steal a lego world, who cares. And i really don't want devs to waste months of developing a room stealing protection stuff, insted of doing something sex related (finally) to the game.

Guess that depends on if you just want sex animations or nice places to go or hangout in also, because like said above doubt many going to put 6 hours + into building something special, if they know moment they open it to public it will be any mans property. Especially if they set out to do special themes or something unique with their rooms, that sorta end falling to ground because people choose to or rather go to cold sex version room instead for instance, but guess only time will tell if this will have consequences for what user rooms we see from now on.

#31 Wizard

Wizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

The game was ok for me without a world editor. 90% of the rooms are just lego worlds with bad design and no atmosphere. I rather hanging out in the standard places.

Anyway, because the thief can't make money from the stolen world, i don't think its important to waste development time for protecting it. There are more important things to do. Months wasted for doing this world editor, and the sex side of the game is completly abandoned.

#32 KimmyFox

KimmyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

The game was ok for me without a world editor. 90% of the rooms are just lego worlds with bad design and no atmosphere. I rather hanging out in the standard places.

Anyway, because the thief can't make money from the stolen world, i don't think its important to waste development time for protecting it. There are more important things to do. Months wasted for doing this world editor, and the sex side of the game is completly abandoned.

Well if you're one people satisfied with just using fixed developer public zones then good on you, but rest will probably most likely from now on be mostly poorly designed world editor rooms opened publicly. Because think possibility of designs being stolen going to discourage or push talented builders from sharing anything publicly now.

#33 TamaraX

TamaraX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Think sadly it will be nail in coffin of great designed rooms and creativity with world editor, because I doubt many going to put in several hours of building in editor to make something amazing. If it just get used and open half dozen same copied room throughout room list, so probably see less worked on user rooms from now on I know wouldn't personally spend 6-12 hours making room only to see hard work flooded on user list.

Whatever you build in 6 - 12 hours is not a lot of effort. ;-)

• Girlie likes this

#34 Losst

Losst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

6-12 hours making room only to see hard work flooded on user list.

you meant 2-3 weeks, right? )

#35 xRosa

xRosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

why create a perfect world editor, if it's to never load it on the server?
why create sharing or building support sections, if it's enough to steal each other?
Why spend so much time and energy making a beautiful room if people we do not like, steals and opens the room in public before us?

just why ???

... so directly create a topic or tutorial "how to steal all open rooms in public" ... to disgust the builders community 

• Pierrousss, chloe and Georgia like this

#36 Jeriba

Jeriba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Two things I would like to point out:

1. To the complaints in regard of Gizmos notice (which is totaly right from my point of view) and some reactions of the "good and faithful" users:

99% of the people used a third party DLL to get more possibilities in colouring clothes, to have more possibilities in building apartments, etc.
NO ONE of the users of the dll complaint, that this is a lack of security in the game. You used it, you liked it, and it was accepted by 99% of the people in 3dx.
But in fact, the dll itself used the same doors to the server, like the people who are copying room content.
Using that way for your advantage is ok, using it the other way is bad? Sorry, this is hypocritical. You all where in the same boat, and just because you didn't know
what you are doing, when using the DLL is not an excuse. You all (including me) manipulated data with the dll on the server...in a way which was not in the mind of the devs!
At least, if you used the hacked DLL in the past, stop complaining about the devs and the way they handle the data. You where a happy user of these
possibilities in the past. Just my two cents...

2. Of course...copying a complete room, and put it public under the own name without the permission of the builder, is a no go.

But in fact, you can't do anything against it, it is possible...and you won't change it.
I still have to laught, when I think about "Sluts in public Restrooms"...never heard that someone complaint, that a public room was "copied" and opened private...ah..thats a difference? Really?
Just because you are not the builder of the Night Club? Was he asked in advance? How many of you used that room regulary?? I already saw some complaints of people who where there regulary...althought they knew it's a copy.
If your argument is, that this is your intellectual property, sorry, where does is start, where does it end? do you really design everything on your own, 
or do you take pics from the internet to rebuild a candelier or a complete building or like i've seen a club and did you ask the original disigner for permission? Are you allowed to do that? 
It is allowed to take an ingame pic of a nice built item and to rebuild it on your own with the editor? Is this ok? You are also copying real things with the editor, 
just in a different way...again...you are in the same boat.
If you build something here, all which have to be honored is the time it takes for you...but it is not your intellectual property...you also just copied!
Sorry, although the people acting in that game are real, dealing with real emotions...this is still a game.
If you want to have a intellectual property, build something really new in the real world, and try to get a patent, and than rebuild it here.
Still, it is also for me a point that taking a room and put it public without permission of the builder is unrespectful, but has nothing to do with the point that copying room data is possible. 

I would go another way: Put the way how to do it onto the forum...same chances for everyone. I would be happy, to see some of my items in other locations...it's a compliment.
Most of the people don't complain because it is possible...most of them complain, because they don't know how to do it and just don't like that someone has some more possiblites.
I am sure, the people doing bad things with it will have to pay with their ingame reputation. Put them on ignore...problem solved after a few weeks.

Taking parts like candles, or a nice builded motorcycle from other rooms is ok for me, would improve the athmosphere of some rooms a lot. And is more a compliment to the original builder.
(I am speaking about parts...not the whole room), perfect if you mention the original builder here in the forum.

You might see it different..it's ok, I will respect your thoughts...but also respect mine...

• Wizard and MaryStGeorge like this

#37 ThamΓ©a

ThamΓ©a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Build rooms take a worse time and make the game alive with a real atmosphere.

Builders contribuate to make this game alive by a great design.

SO

If its not matter to let people steal your room so you will agree i build room and sell it in forum ? It will give a chance for thief to get a room legal

I want make money in  this game with my hands if we can't secure 

Everybody will can buy my rooms, my work.

I don't want been raped after a long work for nothing. Let make sense. 

• Gallaxa and xRosa like this

#38 ThamΓ©a

ThamΓ©a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

If someone can steal rooms maybe he can steal credit cards informations. It could become a problem more serious for everybody 

Devs should care this post more seriously and listen their guests

Game need more secure

Hacking is punish by law

Thanks

• Gallaxa likes this

#39 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

game wasnt hacked to get the info and credit card info isnt stored on 3dx so one has nothing to do with the other.

#40 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬π”ͺ𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 π”Šπ”¦π”―π”©

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

You imply that work spend on a room was free. Why does everyone think time of you life spent on something is free.

As example somebody spend like 4 - 5 weeks on a decent room. Count that in work hours at minimum wage and you will get some incredible high amount of money out of the time invested, that one could have spend elsewhere.

Like why do you think artist charge for stuff like images, music and other creations. Cuz they actually spend time on making thoose. When you go to work you want to get your time you invest into your work paid aswell...

So its not about that people can make money with stolen rooms. Its about that peoples time they invested in stolen rooms is stolen. Its like I would steal the money from your bankaccount for the work you ve done on your job. Just sayin. Also you probably havent been to the right rooms. Theres rooms with bad design yes. But theres also beautiful rooms that are actually better then the default rooms. Just open your eyes and wander...

And ProTip from me: Rooms containing "Sluts" "Gangbang Orgy" or anything like this are usually not the most beautifulst room you can find around here just saying!

• DanTheMan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users