#1 Ica

Ica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIngame: Icarus

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Was told before that it works, but never have seen it. But today was a room stolen from a very good designer. And the theft made it public.

Now I know it is not just only a rumor. It happens, and how I understand it might be easy to do. I think there is a solution needed. Every room-designer has

no problem to share some stuff; but to steal a complete room, which you have worked on about weeks is not acceptable in my mind.

• Girlie, Veronique, RobPathfinder and 4 others like this

#2 Nikki

Nikki

๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ฐ๐•”๐”ฒ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ ๐”Š๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฉ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Sad part is...

Thoose that do steal will find any reason to justify it. It has been like that with Music, DJ Mixes and Images before. Now its just Rooms added to that list.

Stealing and Ripping Content has been a non-issue for most here. Neither a morale nor a financial issue.

In 3DXChat the creative copyright doesent seem to be existant. And I dont see there will be something done about it.

Now we should just brace ourselves for incoming justify replies of people that practise that behaviour!

• Whiplash, Girlie, Veronique and 4 others like this

#3 Yvonny

Yvonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

i mean not to pick any side but maybe the said room was Released in many of the Topics on here who knows that :/ but if it didnt then thats false !!

#4 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

i would have to look but Chillies already asked about this a while back and gizmos answer was that if you dont want something stolen off the net, dont upload it.    wasnt those exact words but damn close

• Chilles and RobPathfinder like this

#5 Ica

Ica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIngame: Icarus

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

i would have to look but Chillies already asked about this a while back and gizmos answer was that if you dont want something stolen off the net, dont upload it.    wasnt those exact words but damn close

oh well..too sad..but thx for sorting out....  But the situation is changed, It is not like before with the world-editor.

Maybe better not spending much time in designing rooms... Might be the best ! 

#6 RobT

RobT

Fake DJ Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

UJSVi4E4SjGXceCpSJMRdg.png

CBU8u6vRQJerBRDn_1E2rA.png

• Chilles likes this

#7 JokerDE

JokerDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

I don't have a problem, if a person share a room from me, i've released :)

But what i personally dont like, is if a Member say its his room^^ 

• Girlie, RobPathfinder, YasmineLove and 2 others like this

#8 YasmineLove

YasmineLove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Yes its so bad !

Why do nobody stop that's ?

#9 Nikki

Nikki

๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ฐ๐•”๐”ฒ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ ๐”Š๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฉ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

The only way to stop content ripping is boycotting it & calling people out that do it.

Sadly it won't ever happen. Too many people don't give a shit about creative property.

As long as the majority thinks that anything that is available on the web is free and up for grabs, shit will never change.
  • Ica likes this

#10 Pierrousss

Pierrousss

โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… ะจาคIลฆะ„ วทรฤฟรฦ‡ะ„ ฯฆฦฆร˜ลคHะ„ฤฟ โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ„ข

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationSouth of france

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

http://3dxforum.com/...g-room-hacking/

#11 SteveM

SteveM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

Those who steal the intellectual property of others to spend it as their own are poor and imaginationless creatures.
There have always been many of them, and they will continue to exist.

So if you do not want your Art to be stolen, build in silence and enjoy your work alone (free after Gizmo) - Too bad - and an expression of the real world on this planet.

Practically it would be nice if we could provide our rooms with a kind of watermark or a checksum.

The author of the room could be displayed discreetly in a corner of the sreen, or maybe in the setup menu.

• Chilles, Pierrousss, Girlie and 4 others like this

#12 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

The problem is the following: You can't prevent that somebody downloads your room data. That's why gizmo answered:

CBU8u6vRQJerBRDn_1E2rA.png

This is a fact. You see the same with images, music, information, just everything you can see or listen. That was also the reason I liked his comment. Not because I like the meaning behind it. I liked it because it's a (sad) fact. 

The boldness of the room rip shocked me anyway. I read everything, also the communication between the thief and Pierre... is this really an adult? Acted in my eyes more like a teen. 

So it seems that assuming nobody will be that idiotic to rip a room from someone else is wrong. Some seems not to take care about there own reputation.

So... what can we do to stop those kids?

Well.... I have an idea... currently the file you can import / export is the same as the one you download if you visit a room from somebody. So if you either have a hack dll or did looked into the game code you know how to do crab this file. No way to prevent this. But... why it is the same file / file format? Could not the server share with a room visitor something unreadable for an editor? I don't mean just binary or so... no... something which really can't be converted back into the editor format without a lot of work. I am no game developer but I know a bit how you exchange data with a game engine like Unity is one. If the data would be close to this it would be hard for an attacker to convert it back into a format the editor can read again. So ripping will be made hard.

• Felia, JessicaX and analiza like this

#13 SniperGirl

SniperGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationHer Sniper's Nest.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

I mean.. betrayal happens.. Some of these rooms are made by say 3 to 5 people/friends, someone could like share the room file somewhere? Because I been through some sort of stuff like that in real life jobs, where you try to impress your boss with something unique and you share your unique idea with some close friends.. and then one of them happens to steal the idea and get the credit for it.

• xDoe likes this

#14 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

I mean.. betrayal happens.. Some of these rooms are made by say 3 to 5 people/friends, someone could like share the room file somewhere? Because I been through some sort of stuff like that in real life jobs, where you try to impress your boss with something unique and you share your unique idea with some close friends.. and then one of them happens to steal the idea and get the credit for it.

That can happen too but... its a fact that it is possible... I wonder why some do not want to see the facts.

#15 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Eets been deleted, how nice :)

• Pierrousss likes this

#16 chloe

chloe

TROLL HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

so the message is... don't share in game screenshots with the public but stealing rooms is okay

• Felia, JessicaX and RobPathfinder like this

#17 SniperGirl

SniperGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationHer Sniper's Nest.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

It doesn't surprise me that they did, since the topic itself is giving the game kind of bad reputation if something like that can be easily exploited.

#18 Deeborah

Deeborah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

Yes the message was including screen shot and name of other person that I guess this is why it was removed.

Whatever bad thing can do someone it is not authorised to publish screen shot on the forum with their name.

This is a fact, not something I agree, but something we must remember.

I hope Pierrouss will have no additionnal problem due to this which would be  amazingly and badly paradoxal.

I visited the room yesterday wich was opened for some hours in advance.

It is an amazing place.

I look forward the full opening on coming thursday.

The best things we can do is enjoying the original room and have fun here. This will be the best answer to this situation.

• Felia and chloe like this

#19 Girlie

Girlie

Red Panda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

gizmo.jpg

that's probably all he has to say about this :(

and how else?