3DXChat Community

World Editor Must Have Features

JuicyJina

Hello Devs and fellow gamers. I thought I'd start this topic to share my point of view on how the editor could be more advanced in our favor and helps us build more professionally.

Lock Object Option:

Being able to lock an object in its current position which makes it easier to select other objects near to it without having to deselect it everytime for example if you have a floor and you need to select all the furniture around it its sometime annoying and some other times the objects move by mistake which annoys the hell out of me to put it back in the place it was before.

Merge into one object + resizing:

Lets suppose I made a combination of shapes to make lets say for example a wine glass. I would love if we can group all these together and make them into one unbreakable object aaaaaaand pleeeeease make us be able to resize it! im having a hard time resizing grouped objects.

Text To Object:

Type in your desired text and watch it convert to objects similar to the photoshop option of "rasterize" type in the text and convert to pixels. Maybe add option to upload desired fonts cuz anyway it will be converted to object so players wont have to download data once they enter the room.

User Created Content Slots:

Everyone here has a library of some sort stored on their PC. So if 3DX can have a folder in the game to place all these .WORLD files and then be able to drag & drop them into the world without having to "merge from file" every time which is lame would be great!

Delete The Ocean:

Not all of us will build a love shack on the golden sands next to the beach... give us the option to remove the water cuz its annoying.

Texture Lock:

Have you ever noticed that when you rotate or move a certain textured object the texture stays locked in one position and when rotating sometime the object looks weird and odd.... so i suggest if we could have the option to lock or unlock the texture position.

Copy-Paste:

The duplicate option is cool but what is more efficient is having to copy "ctrl + c" and paste "ctrl + v" the item would duplicate where the mouse is pointing.... that would save us some time traveling all the way dragging the item to the desired place especially people who create big rooms.

Pets and animals:

Would be absolutely cute and charming to be able to place pet animals around our world..... OMG i would place 100 puppies thats why u should limit the amount ^^ to prevent people from game crashing.

Merge into one object + resizing:

Lets suppose I made a combination of shapes to make lets say for example a wine glass. I would love if we can group all these together and make them into one unbreakable object aaaaaaand pleeeeease make us be able to resize it! im having a hard time resizing grouped objects.

You can resize grouped objects as one by switching from Pivot to Center mode and holding shift in the resize gizmo.

Here is a detailed how-to by Izu: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5959-creating-small-objects/&do=findComment&comment=257950

Besides that, great list! I would like to see more objects, like hemispheres or square items with a round hole in it. Also some premade letters, numbers and signs would be very useful.

Lock Object Option: +1

Merge into one object + resizing: +1

Text To Object: I think it should be more a real text in the 2 or 3 fonts to chose from with customizable color and size. Totally possible in Unity!

User Created Content Slots: I would love a way to share an object with something like a common library for private use only and another one automatically shared with friends.

Delete The Ocean: Would love a way to customize the base ground for something else (infinite) like: none, ocean, sky, above clouds or flat plane with texture

Texture Lock: +1

Copy-Paste: I'm ok with the duplicate feature and library system. But Copy/Paster sounds natural as well

Pets and animals: Could be something payable with Xgolds to limit the amount (like Profile slots). ;)

Being able to remove the water would be amazing. It's bad because if you don't make an island or some beach, the location seems out of place being surrounded by water.

Should give an option where you can change the water to something else, such as dirt or rocks or sand, just for some ideas, since building a city is weird when it's surrounded by a giant ocean, seems dumb, right?

GIVE. ME. PETS.

I want a DRAGUN especially :3

Fully agree to the list!

What I would like to add is:

• option to enter numerical values for sizes and angles

• option to cut holes into an object by another object and cut away sections of objects the same way

• option to define the pivot for turning objects yourself

• grouping objects in more than one level: You make sub groups and combine them to a main group; when resolving the
    main group you get back your sub groups, not the single objects, as it is now.

• picture /video walls, like at least one of the competitors already offeres: You can store pictures in your user space and
    can assign it's URLs to rectangular surfaces in your world, which can be used as a picture or poster as well as the to be a "texture"
    of an object's surface. It also should accept a YOUTUBE-URL so you can play (music) videos in your room.