3DXChat Community

Creating a yacht and now I walk mile high above it

PleasureGirl

I suspect this issue is caused by rotating stretched sphere. Seems like when you rotate shpere it rotates its mesh (the thing you see) and doesn't rotate it's collision model (the thing making you able to walk on your primitives). You may try deleting your stretched sphere and making new one without rotation. ...OR you can try rotate all your room (select all and rotate) the way that sphere's mesh matches its collision model (it will work only if the sphere was rotated just along Z axis tho)

ps: another source of the problem maybe collision model stretching always uniformly instead if selectively along the axes along with the mesh and then you cant do anything about it... =(

The issue is due to the hitbox of sphere primitive.

The sphere hitbox uses sphere calculations instead of mesh collisions. But when you resize the sphere to something flat on any axis, the hit box is not resized and stays as big as the biggest axis of the sphere primitive.

The issue is due to the hitbox of sphere primitive.

The sphere hitbox uses sphere calculations instead of mesh collisions. But when you resize the sphere to something flat on any axis, the hit box is not resized and stays as big as the biggest axis of the sphere primitive.

I have an idea, btw. What if collision model (AKA hitbox) scales according to the last scaled dimension of the mesh?  I mean if you just scale the sphere along X axis x10 times then obvously collision will stretch x10 along all three axes. But what if you scale it along XY and then scale it back along Y?

Gotta try...

The sphere hitbox is managed by Unity. It’s fast calculations to know if a collision is made (compared to the slowest one being polygons collisions).

The hitbox always keep the size of the largest axis. I used that bug to make an invisible ramp to let characters climb a vertical ladder in the pool of my university build ;)

The sphere hitbox is managed by Unity. It’s fast calculations to know if a collision is made (compared to the slowest one being polygons collisions).

The hitbox always keep the size of the largest axis. I used that bug to make an invisible ramp to let characters climb a vertical ladder in the pool of my university build ;)

red.jpg