3DXChat Community

BBC

Jensen

Certainly don't want to start anything contentious here though I must have my say.The first time I came across the acronym BBC was in this game, so I even had to ask someone what it meant, and I was surprised at the answer. Even so, I had a little laugh, and thought such things as, well, whatever turns you on. Then I notice some guys in the game proudly stating BBC. Then I notice some girls in their profile saying such as "sorry guys, BBC only". And in any list of user rooms, there is always one proclaiming BBC. The last straw came yesterday when I saw a user room called "BBC only".

An oxford english dictionary definition of racism is:

"The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:" (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/racism)

The current BBC element in this game is clearly racist given the above definition, an attack on white male sexuality, and more serious than the use of the "N" word in my opinion.

http://3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/596-acceptable-behavior/

there's this topic about similar issue created by Feyanne very recently.

But to be honest. I do believe some people report them and others makes fun of them such as this

>The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) employee < I really like this one

I find it immature when someone use it in their name or in world chat more than racist.

I also do believe that this is adult game with adult players so there's shouldn't be need for swear word filter. In the end we might need one. *sigh*

My opinion is that it is not necessary to take it too seriously, it is an element of role-playing games, someone like BBС, someone like the white people. I think none of the players of the game did not tell you personally - get out of here, I like BBС only.

I take this fact with humor, it just makes me smile and laugh :)

While I am sure there is a more subtle way to put across their preference in game, I am quite certain there is no racist intent meant here.

At the end of the day they are role playing and while the said male with a BBC name might actually be hung more like a hamster than a horse, and certain ladies might only want to engage in any form of play with a BBC named person, that is intrinsically the entire purpose of this game, to live your fantasies and if the above is theirs, leave them be. It is their fantasy to live out as they see fit.

Running around calling it racism or an attack on Caucasian sexuality is a far stretch if you ask me and I am fairly certain it is as far from their intention as you could get. It is not our place to question sexual preference or orientation.

My other concern is that on a Scale of 1 to Drama this is a Defcon: Days of our Lives waiting to happen.

While I do not refute that you take of offense to it or it genuinely grates and offends you, it is a game of fantasy and should be viewed as such with an open mind. If they prefer ebony to ivory then so be it.

For those that want the TL:DR version:

I disagree, no racism here, , let them virtual play as they see fit.

Just my opinion and 2c

The lovely folks who proclaim BBC I view as rather colorful and in their way descriptive as they use the term to support their pride in well you know...

Trust me not all BBC have the first B:) as in the acronym.

But it is a form of interest to some sexually. I say The big is wherever you can find it in a number of races..so no real issue so as a qualifier for folks with that interest.

Many of us self aware take our "big or just right ". In a rainbow of ethnic flavors so the term BBC means pretty little,

And as a black individual and a woman .... I know BBC it is not always so .....:)

Thanks for the provocative discussion.

Guest Cassidy

Then I notice some girls in their profile saying such as "sorry guys, BBC only". 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

THIS MADE MY DAY XD XD,

"SORRY GUYS BBc ONLY,"??????

XD

THIS IS WHAT I SEE IN MY MIND:

VPwGkQf.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

THIS MADE MY DAY XD XD,

"SORRY GUYS BBc ONLY,"??????

XD

THIS IS WHAT I SEE IN MY MIND:

VPwGkQf.jpg

omg LOOOOOOL I long so do not laugh

I think he probably meant something like "i haven't laughed like that in a long time." but who knows. He isn't an english speaker...it probably didn't translate well.

Thanks for the comment , always "respected" polite people who notice other people's mistakes , but they do not follow the topic of discussion

=)

Every time I see BBC in the game I just think of the British Broadcast Communications because why not... I even made a few jokes about it before in all good faith. :) (British guy here)

My advice would be not to take notice of it I will agree it can segregate the community a little bit, but it depends up on what people like and what they like to roleplay, I just take it with a grain of salt, there is plenty more people ingame who will be there to chat to and stuff. But yeah I can understand the racist aspect behind it but it's just a genre of Sexual Activity.

Kind Regards

MrAsh