Photo

How to report someone that is on full iggy?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Veronique

Veronique

� President FoA MC �

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

Hello all / devs...

I get harassed by someone that is on my iggy. He uses an anti-Iggy hack to join in the rooms I am hosting. For obvious reasons, I don't want him there. As he shouldn't be able to see my room, I blame him for using such a hack. 

So, devs... how to report him?

edit: typo fixed

Edited by Veronique, 03 January 2018 - 10:09 PM.

• Antsypantsy, OliU, RobPathfinder and 1 other like this

#2 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

easy

get his or her username.......  then go to your friends list or wc and click report on some random person. the browser will pop up, look in the url at the top and change the current persons username with the person you want to report. then enter on keyboard. all done, then treat it like a normal report. here i will show you in a video...

• Chilles, Nionlight, Antsypantsy and 10 others like this

#3 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

easy

get his or her username.......  then go to your friends list or wc and click report on some random person. the browser will pop up, look in the url at the top and change the current persons username with the person you want to report. then enter on keyboard. all done, then treat it like a normal report. here i will show you in a video...

Easy for you Rob, but when we don't know how to do it, see? That is very cool from you to showing Vero how to do it :)

• OliU, Veronique, RobT and 2 others like this

#4 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Easy for you Rob, but when we don't know how to do it, see? That is very cool from you to showing Vero how to do it :)

sometimes im helpful :P  im not a troll 24/7 :P

• OliU, Veronique, Briana and 3 others like this

#5 Veronique

Veronique

� President FoA MC �

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

easy

awesome, thank you!

• OliU, Briana, RobPathfinder and 2 others like this

#6 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

awesome, thank you!

anytime

thumbsup.gif

• Veronique, Briana and TrollGirl like this

#7 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

Faaaaaaaaaaaaanx Mr RobT and da T is fo Teeeeeeeeeeriffics hehehehe. This is sooo much easier than going to every room and hunting them down, some can be soopa sneaky and hop around one room ahead of you and then ya got ta put up road blocks get da sniffa dawgs, hire a choppa and sometimes break out da firearms. But this is like Soopa backdoor sneaky FBI stuffs WoooHoooooooooooooooooo!

Tanx Mr Rob     yellow-tongue-out-smiley.png

• Girlie, RobT, Rodin and 1 other like this

#8 Deeborah

Deeborah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Good to know Rob thank you.

Veronique, I didn't know about this hack possibility and I understand it is very very annoying.

For my knowledge, when he enters in your room using this hack, does he see you or do you see him and his pm or does the ignore function continue working ?

• OliU likes this

#9 Nionlight

Nionlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

Veronique I am sorry but I didn't understand what is this hack.
Can you explain me better?

You mean that if you put someone on ignore, that person can still see you and your rooms avoiding the ignore thing?

Is that something connected with the common .dll hack people use?

Thank you

#10 Veronique

Veronique

� President FoA MC �

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

I have him on full ignore and can't see or read him, whilst he can see and enter the room I am hosting. Unfortunately this was proven yesterday, when I hosted a public room and friends started to tell me that he joined. I couldn't see or read him. I assume that he not only can see my room, but also can see me and what I am writing in local. It happened before that he followed ppl that have him on iggy and replied to what they are writing in local. This happened to me and also to others that have him on full iggy. Also, yesterday he even colded a friend that has him on iggy too.

Unfortunately it is hard to prove, as I can't see him and therefore can't screen it. This goes for months now. He follows my friends and me everytime he finds us, stands very close to us, acts in local like we would be friends, even tries to sneak himself into 3somes whenever one of us has fun in public places. I tried to report this to the devs several times, even took him off iggy once, with the result that he pestered me in sin for 3 hours. Unfortunately the devs obviously didn't take actions yet, although several reports have been filed. And as he uses this hack, ignoring him is no solution either.

Regarding this hack, it is to my knowledge not related to the modded .dll which is used frequently. Instead, it seems to allow it's user to see and read people that iggied him. Also, the user can join rooms of those people. I assume that this hack is either related to or the same hack which allows the user to enter any room that is open for group or friends, regardless if the host is a friend or not.

edit: typo

Edited by Veronique, 04 January 2018 - 11:01 AM.

• OliU, RobPathfinder, Deeborah and 1 other like this

#11 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Well hoping that if the Devs get enough people reporting him something can be done. Have your friends help you report him. I had someone doing similar stuff but not only is it hard to prove it is close to impossible. Fuck it maybe plastering his name on WC, here and with other friends will finally get him to cut the shit out.

• OliU, Veronique, JessUL and 1 other like this

#12 Vaughan_Rarius

Vaughan_Rarius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

sometimes im helpful :P  im not a troll 24/7 :P

Thanks man. 

#13 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

easy

Thanks Rob.

I am sure this will help a lot of peeps.

Thumbs up :)

• Veronique and RobT like this

#14 Shanti

Shanti

𝔅𝔬𝔰𝔰𝑦 𝔅𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔢

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationASSylum

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

@devs think about fixing the spaghetti code so that people cannot work around sensible things such as the ignore function.  Yes, gotta take the good and the bad that come with hacks, dlls, other stuff.. but way too much can be done if you know your way with these things, and a lot here do.

• Chilles, Riela, Girlie and 3 others like this

#15 Nionlight

Nionlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

I didn't know it could be possible to avoid the ignore limitation.
This is very bad.
Someone can tell how it works? So maybe devs know where to start fixing this?

#16 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

Scallywag and Rapscallion Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

Someone can tell how it works? So maybe devs know where to start fixing this?

If it is the one that I know of, then all it really does is allow you to see text from people who have blocked you. Apparently that includes showing their room in the User Room list.

But really, Gizmo doesn't need to "fix" anything. All he has to do is apply a simple check to ensure that the the dll being used is the official one and not the hacked one. The fact that he hasn't done so nearly four years down the road is a clear indication of what his intentions are. So really we should either organize mass protests or just stop whining about it. 

• Chilles and Veronique like this

#17 Veronique

Veronique

� President FoA MC �

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:41 PM

I highly agree, as much benefits the modding of the .dll offers, those are not worth having when it opens the door to abuse and harassment at the same time. The dev's common reply to "just use the ignore fuction and block unwanted communication" is void as soon as they allow hacks that circumvent this system. The very least that should be done is to implement the long overdue "kick from room" function for room hosts. And blocking all modded .dll versions would be the long missing sign that the game is taken care of.

• Chilles and OliU like this

#18 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

I highly agree, as much benefits the modding of the .dll offers, those are not worth having when it opens the door to abuse and harassment at the same time. The dev's common reply to "just use the ignore fuction and block unwanted communication" is void as soon as they allow hacks that circumvent this system. The very least that should be done is to implement the long overdue "kick from room" function for room hosts. And blocking all modded .dll versions would be the long missing sign that the game is taken care of.

as i said before when people were freaking out about pandora, the dll hacks are every bit as bad. case in point......

• Veronique likes this

#19 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

In past times a lot of peeps were saying "ooohhh...I cannot really build without using a special dll" and this was the (sad) truth.

But now as world editor was released there is really no need for using special dll's anymore.

So why as Sage Stoner was already writing not fix it now and just ensure that only original dll can be used?

• RobT likes this

#20 Nionlight

Nionlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

Well breaking the ignore block is something a bit worse that using a dll for building objects over the rules.
Just my opinion.
I mean I understand the worry of Veronique.
I highly suggest the kick-out-from-room function. I know they will make a .dll for bypass even this, but at least it would be a message to the comunity about the fact that devs would "care" about this privacy problem.
This is what it is, a privacy problem.
  • OliU likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users